House Call Doctor
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

House Call Doctor Employee Reviews

4.3Work–Life Balance

Company Review

I had an opportunity to work for House Call Doctor as an after hour home doctor, they were quite professional and paid on time, Staff and Management both were friendly and cooperative. .

Pros

Payment always on time.

Practice medicine the way you always wanted to.

Working as a House Call Doctor means having the clinical freedom to practice as you best see fit. You don’t have to worry about completing multiple paperwork and training modules that are not related to your role. Instead you get to apply evidence-based medicine free from hospital tradition or protocols; entirely for the benefit of your patient. The one-on-one interaction with patients is also highly rewarding and is truly how medicine ought to be.

Pros

Much clinical freedom and rewarding doctor/patient interactions.

Cons

Poor lighting, lack of examination table.

Flexible hours, good working conditions

Great business, get to work hours that suits me, very flexible and it's a nice change. I work shorter shifts during the week and then usually one long shift on the weekend. Lots of patients and varying work. Good remuneration.

Pros

Very flexible

Enjoyable culture to work with.

Typical day is working with chaperones and doctors ensuring rosters are done. Most enjoyable part of the work is liasing with medical centre's. Providing customer service.

Cons

Good job, but disorganised management

I loved working as a chaperone for House Call Doctor, but unfortunately shifts were only notified on a day-to-day basis, and I stopped receiving shifts without any notice or communication.

Great place to work, fantastic team to work with

I have really enjoyed this position. It is team orientated and provides the opportunity for me to learn more and meet a lot of people. I have learnt do much from the doctors that have helped me through my studies, been able to assist in small procedures, and have learnt a lot about prioritising patients on both a subjective and objective manner.

Pros

Learning new skills and more knowledge

Cons

All night shifts

Enjoyable work, intolerable company management.

The work itself is easy and enjoyable. Liaising with patients, organising/prioritising the bookings, and planning the routes ad-hoc to maximise doctor visits. I met many local doctors, many local people (patients) and learned quite a lot about medicine during my time with them. Unfortunately, the company management is quite disorganized with inconsistencies in company procedures, regulations and services provided. Myself and all of the staff working under me were reprimanded for not adhering to procedures when the correct procedures themselves either weren't given to us correctly, or were changed without informing/updating our training, and we were never given the tools to carry them out correctly in the first place (for example, a scanner/printer). Also, the regional managers organizational skills were extremely lacking (including but not limited to rostering), often impacting/reflecting badly on our performance and lifestyle. The hardest part of the job is definitely trying to keep up with the disjointed management while achieving the high level of work output the company demands. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely meeting new people, the varied and individual personalities of the doctors themselves and their diverse cultural backgrounds, and the ability to learn about the medical profession if your open to it.

Pros

Meeting new people, Learning new things.

Cons

Zero company consistency and little managerial assistence in achieveing their high demands.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at House Call Doctor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• House Call Doctor
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?