House With No Steps
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

House With No Steps Employee Reviews

Australia41 reviews
Loved high medical need clients, changed management alot

If u were a good worker u couldnt advance

Management changed often, funds were managed poorly at times

Fast paced
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Not good for family time
Didn't have a good time here due to bullying not getting paid like other j jobs in Australia and always got in trouble for no reason not long rest breaks
Your working in a sweatshop!!!! This place should be shutdown, the staff who all have disabilities are yelled and abused by the head chef(female). The head chef controls the general manager and when you ask to give feedback they simply shut it all down.. there a filthy institution and the way staff are treated is revolting.
N/A it was not that great
I resigned... Not a good transition into privatisation. I would not recommend working there. Management are not supportive to staff
Its a wonderful place to work, professional development training are given, team work, salary is average, good work culture, and cooperative higher authority.
Pros
mileage
It is a busy workplace , the culture fluctuates at times and occasionally loses site of the main goals but generally tries to enhance the lives of the people
Pros
Considerate
Cons
Long hours on call
Employment good work and I recommend the staff pay could be a day or casualty insurance company Richard Cox Townsville north Queensland Queensland Australia postcode 4810
Would not recommend working for this mob or having clients with this mob..total lack of respect for their workers just treated like dirt...more worried about the bottom dollar and does not provide quality service as they suggest...best to stay clear
You can’t trust management they gossip as much as the staff . If you can’t cope and ask for help don’t expect to receive it . Training really poor you complete the training but never get the certificate . Not a good place to work . Sleep overs rate is far to low .
very rewarding. they have a wide range of clients and job rolls. working with clients with different issues. some need help to cook others needs help shopping
I really enjoy working in the disability industry, especially in this exciting current time when the NDIS seems to be a lot more ' understood ' .
My support manager is a wonderful person, who has guided, supported and taught me so much, through my journey working at HWNS.

I really enjoy being a part of a team, that productively gain many successful outcomes for our customers. Outcomes such as gaining meaningful employment, securing a home to live, where individual supports are provided on a daily basis, learning how to achieve some independent living skills, overcoming some anxieties by applying Smart Goal strategies, supporting customers to events they never dreamed they would ever attend - theatre, musuems, art galleries, sporting events, concerts, gardening workshops .
Managers use you as they see fit. It’s not how good you are at your job just how many times you say yes. When I first started I was working up to a hundred hours a fortnight, after six months we we expected to survive on fifteen hours a week. Staff are forever complaining to the boss about how bad the workers are which this a toxic work environment. The new staff that are employed have no experience which makes it extra difficult.
Pros
Good pay salary sacrifice
Cons
If you value your work life balance and don’t want to be bullied by the area manager until you can’t take no more don’t work for this company. Use to be great but is now a toxic hotspot ! Just don’t do it please
Pros
Cons
Will cost you your sanity
Incompetent managers, toxic work culture, beautiful clients but staff and management are horrendous.
No support, no back up, work place bullying not dealt with and many good and passionate workers leaving due to this.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
The company in general
I was bored out of my mind, and only not suffering while on one of the few seats we had to share. Music made it bearable, but unconfortable.

I was fired for entertaining myself while working the line. Imagining something interesting happening.
It job was a reliable job while it lasted. Learned to co-0perate with co-workers. Management arranged schedules well . Distance was a slight worry .The work was not to hard and being outside was enjoyable..
Pros
Barbuces Christmas Party
Cons
Distance
Terrible place to work. Management only care about money and not the customers or staff. Change rosters all the time. They dont care about your personal life and treat you like a robot.
Job is quite easier for me to do because I had done this type of work in my home country at my house.I love cleaning the house.I am eligible for the cleaning job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Staff burnout , no support from rude area manager treated staff with an appalling manner, staff within team great workers. Worked for 10 yrs with a few different organisation that were great, you get to know the difference with management culture and attitude towards staff.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Staff Burnt Out
Good people to work with and over all fun place the staff are very good and professional. It’s fun and learning new skills each and every day. The only hard part is that you don’t have to be able to do every thing every one is different
Money is ordinary
hot working conditions

Management absolutely terrible

Culture is appalling / never ever worked in such a bullying and controlling workplace. 30 years in work!!

only positive is the disabled workers - they can always bring a smile to ur dial
Pros
disability workers r beautiful people
Cons
hard work for no credit. changing views from one manager to another, never know what to do or what is right or wrong
Ask a question about working or interviewing at House With No Steps. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4