House With No Steps Employee Reviews

Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 October 2018
Terrible place to work. Management only care about money and not the customers or staff. Change rosters all the time. They dont care about your personal life and treat you like a robot.
Fun cooperative.
Cleaner (Casual) (Current Employee) –  New South Wales5 July 2018
Job is quite easier for me to do because I had done this type of work in my home country at my house.I love cleaning the house.I am eligible for the cleaning job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Have worked for over 10 years in disabilties and mental health, appalling mannerisms with area manager, towards staff, great team of staff
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Northern Rivers NSW26 May 2018
Staff burnout , no support from rude area manager treated staff with an appalling manner, staff within team great workers. Worked for 10 yrs with a few different organisation that were great, you get to know the difference with management culture and attitude towards staff.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Staff Burnt Out
Good people to work with
Gardening (Current Employee) –  Forbes NSW2 May 2018
Good people to work with and over all fun place the staff are very good and professional. It’s fun and learning new skills each and every day. The only hard part is that you don’t have to be able to do every thing every one is different
working culture is absolutely terrible!!
Team Leader Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Warabrook NSW28 January 2018
Money is ordinary
hot working conditions
Management absolutely terrible
Culture is appalling / never ever worked in such a bullying and controlling workplace. 30 years in work!!
only positive is the disabled workers - they can always bring a smile to ur dial
Pros
disability workers r beautiful people
Cons
hard work for no credit. changing views from one manager to another, never know what to do or what is right or wrong
Challenging workplace
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 November 2017
Can be a challenging but rewarding job at times. Not always flexible with shifts on the roster. Just gone into change over hard to judge on other things as of yet.
Pros
A lot of clients are independent
Cons
Mentally hard job at times
Great company to work for.
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Near Belmont16 November 2017
Great stsff. Fun to work with both staff and Clients. Excellant benefits. Looks after their staff and clients. Best of care given to clients. Great wuality of life experienced and given to clients by staff. Many opportunities for both staff and clients to advance with job roles available to clients as well. Loved working for House with no Steps.
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW10 July 2017
Working at House With No Steps has given me an even greater passion and determination to help support the needs and quality of life of the disabled. It has also helped me hone my verbal and non-verbal communication skills with culturally diverse clients and those for whom communication is challenging. I am a very patient person with great empathy and a genuine desire to help.
Good people great work place. Good team ethics.
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW28 June 2017
It is very hard doing cold calling. But the experience they give to help those who are struggling is above expectation. The atmosphere to work in a team enviroment to have respect for your team members is great.

Someday's are fantastic and someday's are not so fantastic. But you have to take the good with the bad. Each day could be different. You learn something new and you have to do something new.

The hardest part of this job is the rejections and angry customers. You have cop it on the chin and not let it eat at you.

Its a good company. Very strong in ethics of the work place. Helpful and kind.
Pros
5 hour shift. 3 by 10 minute breaks. Adaptable to Shift changes.
Cons
rejections on sales.
Good company to work for
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  At Dee why and North Rocks and Belrose15 May 2017
I worked for House with no Steps for 8 years in that time I moved from a support worker to the manager of two group homes in that time I was given training in all aspects of my job and had support from management at all times it is a good company to work for and would recommend them not only to staff but also clients as they look after the needs of their clientele
Pros
When using own car costs given back
Cons
None I can think of
Horrid place to work
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Beenleigh QLD17 April 2017
The theory behind house with no steps is a noble one, the practise on the other hand is appalling.
Most of the managers appear to have no management training at all, they are clueless as to how to negotiate with staff, organise workloads etc. There were often no staff assigned to shifts or double the staff. If you say no to shift they can be a vengeful group. They expect you to work horrendous hours, often double shifts because of their lack of organisational skills. If you are injured, there is NO support and they get crabby. They care little about the clients and see them as money makers for the company.

The whole place needs an overhaul.
Pros
pay was good and and time
fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Woonona NSW15 April 2017
It was a fun work environment with an excellent boss. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at this business, and if it was still owned and operated by the same people I would still be working there.
HORRIBLE, Everything horrible
Trainer and Marketer (Former Employee) –  Hunter Valley NSW17 March 2017
Management walk around misguided, bullying and harassment is rampant on a daily basis. I eventually had to resign after seeking mental health attention.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Everything else
Disability
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD13 February 2017
Hi my name is Katrina hall I have certificate in disability and car undated blues card yellow card and first aid care certificate.
Cons
Part time
Working very hard
Domestic Helper (Former Employee) –  Iebanon25 January 2017
Hi I'm marites from philippines I have experience for job as domestic helper in 4yrs here in lebanon. Im full time worker everyday and care giver of kids I'm cleaner helper and caregiver of kids.
Pros
Free foods
Cons
Full time
Not what you would expect from an organisition like this
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wollongong NSW18 January 2017
Management have no clue, and person centred practise does not really exists. Upper management need to realise ,that we are dealing with people. Not numbers. Love seeing people achieve their goals.
Pros
Great people to support.
Cons
Very poor, when dealing with staff.
Staff are not empowered or respected for the frontline work they do.
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW29 November 2016
Required to work alot of hours, management are under pressure due to a maxium cut in management positions, not supporting staff.
The company lacks person centred planning and advocating from staff.
Lacking in training needed for staff.
HR department do not support staff rather management.
Pros
A wage at the end of the week.
Cons
Frontline staff and service users needs are not met.
Some of the worst management I have ever experienced
Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney11 September 2016
Extremely poor management which goes unchecked and ultimately leaves service users extremely vulnerable. If you have a good manager, you are lucky and stick with it,,if not run for the hills as fast as your legs will carry you...co workers were lovely, I learned that A good manager is a god send and shouldn't ever be taken for granted. This was basic stuff like rostering, pays and leave...a disgrace.
Pros
Great coworkers and service users
Cons
Extremely poor management
Great Company
Disability Support Worker Group Home (Current Employee) –  Cowra NSW20 July 2016
The company has given me a great opportunity to expand my skills and has given me a great team to work with. Everyday is different and keeps you on your toes.
Rewarding job. Quality of service managers reflects poorly on the organisations standards.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  CC and Hunter24 January 2016
Managers are spread to thin, leaving minimal time for improving quality of service.
Some in-house services are better than others, over all there is a lack of professionalism at that level. Who watches the watchmen? No one seems to be managing the managers which reflects poorly on HWNS standards and reputation.
There is a good work life balance if you're a front of house worker, beyond that it reduces.
Not enough support for advancement.
Pros
Broad range of work experience if working across services
Cons
Lack of professional standards.