HOYTS Employee Reviews

Loved it
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 September 2019
I really enjoy working at HOYTS, as a movie nerd I love getting to see films before they come out and for such cheap rates. I felt very supported in my role and was given the tools i needed to succeed. The people are also really friendly.
Professional and productive style of work
Crew (Former Employee) –  Waterg9 September 2019
Attending to customers needs and providing them with what they desire is what its all about as well as ensuring that they have an enjoyable experience. I learned the role of independence within the workplace and having to make decisions to make the workplace flow
Tedious and boring
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Ultimo NSW26 August 2019
My time at Hoyts Cinemas was a little boring. It involved cleaning cinemas, toilets and checking tickets, although this was expected from the role that I was given.
Pros
Cheap movie tickets
Cons
Poor management
Fun workplace, but underpaid
SUPERVISOR/ SYSTEMS OPERATION TRAINER (HOST) (Former Employee) –  Taylors Lakes VIC1 August 2019
Working at Hoyts has its benefits of a "family" like mindset, that allows you to develop real and good friends and memories while working. Tasks are generally not hard to do, though difficult customers are frequent. Management is generally very nice, but can sometimes seem unproductive. Pay is not so great, and do not get normal penalty rates. Benefits with tickets and food are amazing and flexibility is usually not an issue.
Pros
cheap tickets
Cons
Long Hours
A good workplace. Mostly.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Eastland Shopping Centre VIC15 July 2019
I had a lot of fun there, I made so many good friends. Work is relatively easy, but a lot of standing obviously. They are usually willing to train you in more than one area, and the management was pretty good when I worked there. The pay is very low though but at least you get a lot of hours! No social life though lmao
Pros
Discount tickets, awesome friends, lots of hours
Cons
Low pay, hard to get time off
Productive and fun work place
Host (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW12 July 2019
I would never regret working at Hoyts due to amazing staff who become your second family and amazing managers who are well caring and understandable . If you study don't worry because you can juggle Hoyts and school work around.
Pros
Discounted tickets and food.
great people to work with
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 May 2019
great workers but the managers are the ones who make life at hoyts horrible, they dont care about the workers. the managers at hoyts will cut your shift if it will help them save a couple dollars, if you dont do what they say the will make you life working at hoyts horrible
fun, good experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woden ACT2 May 2019
typical day at work would be serving customers, cleaning cinemas.

i learnt how to talk to people better and how everything worked and what it was used for.

i personally did not like management they were quite rude.
Fun workplace, flexible roster - not the greatest pay.
Crew Member - HOYTS Blacktown (Current Employee) –  Blacktown NSW28 March 2019
Great if you're in high school. They purposefully hire sociable people who are easy to get along with. The work is fun and not very hard. There's lots of opportunity for growth.
It was okay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT14 February 2019
The managers sucked, the pay sucked, the people were good (i met my partner there), i learnt patience and customer service skills, i enjoyed talking and not working.
Pros
sick leave, annual leave
Cons
mangement, everything
pre good
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Highpoint Shopping Centre VIC21 January 2019
amazing people to work with lots of laughs and good times
management can sometimes have their moods but other than that do the job right and happy days
Productive and exciting work enviroment
Team Member (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 December 2018
One of the most relaxed workplace cultures I have experienced, love working here and will continue to for as long as possible. Everyone is friendly and I felt welcomed by both upper management and fellow team members as soon as I walked through the doors
Pros
Discounted movie tickets plus discounted items at the candy bar, staff screenings of movies before they have even been released
Cons
Hours may be reduced depending on the time of year
overall, very fun moments, energetic peeps, friendly environment.
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Perth WA16 November 2018
Overall, Excellent. I enjoyed a lot the company of the other peeps who were working there. Good furniture, excellent services for the crew members and customers as well.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Late night shifts
Fun staff, terrible management.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW5 November 2018
The 4 and a half years that I had spent at hoyts was very up and down, although the staff were great the management team were not. Complaints from staff were not taken seriously by the location manager, accepted leave was usually ignored come roster release and because shift swaps aren’t allowed it was almost an impossible fix, there were constant issues with pay and 4/6 managers treated staff like dirt.
Pros
Coworkers were great
Cons
Long hours, never appreciated, spoken down to, complaints about management never taken seriously.
Fun workplace with good work environment and co-workers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Perth WA12 October 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Hoyts. The cinema I worked at was generally fairly quiet so a lot of the time I spent restocking the freezers and candy bar or cleaning. The managers were very nice and tried to be supportive of the crew. The hardest part would have to be the long periods between movies when we wouldn't have any customers for up to 2 hours.
Pros
Cheap food/drink/movie tickets, Reasonable shifts
Cons
Low hourly pay
good employees
Part time candy bar assistant at Hoyts Fremantle (Current Employee) –  Fremantle WA25 September 2018
always have an eventful shift. there is never a dull moment at hoyts. Management has always been great. Hardest part of the job would have been sometimes understanding the accents from customers that come through our doors.
Pros
enjoyable team
Cons
hard work
Hoyts
Cash Handling, Time Management, Food Handling (Former Employee) –  Eastland Shopping Centre VIC11 September 2018
Terrible Wages and management very poor and pressuring for staff to take shifts

Benefits not bad and the quality of work and culture was nice, great co workers
Benefits
Cons
Terrible Wages
Great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chatswood NSW17 July 2018
Great place with a lot of staff benefits and free movies! Management is nice and helps staff with any issues. Caters towards all needs and puts the employee first
Pros
Free movie
Cons
bad pay
fun
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW26 April 2018
Are very strict but I loved it. It really did set me up for my future career and shaped me as an employee. Great first job I really enjoyed the experience.
Pros
staff movie screenings
Cons
management
Alright for a first job but pay is pretty rough and not a great culture
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Belconnen ACT1 April 2018
It's not a bad place for a first job. I love the movies so it was a pretty good environment in that sense. The pay is terrible though and the hours can be a bit hard. Laid back environment so that's nice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOYTS. Our community is ready to answer.