HOYTS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
HOYTS Employee Review

Fun workplace, Job progression opportunities not good

6 June 2019
Do not appreciate hard workers only the cheap teenagers, management need to be more positive to improve moral in the workplace. Fun working environment and day making lots of friends.
13 January 2020
Same role
Customer Service (Former Employee) - Taylors Lakes VIC
Gain good experience for a beginner, however career advancement is difficult if you are located outside of Sydney. Culture at sites could be improved, as well as the flexible roster.
Pros
Discounted tickets
Cons
22 October 2019
Same role
Customer Service (Former Employee) - Redcliffe QLD
The competitiveness to up-sell and suggestive-sell is a bit high which can sometimes make it stressful if you don't fulfill the quota but it is satisfying when you exceed it! The management team there are very friendly and genuinely care about their team, the staff are very friendly and helpful. Working at Hoyts I learned many valuable things such as time management, up-selling etc; which to this day I still apply and require in my jobs. The hardest part of the job would probably be when I had to leave or when I was sick as it meant I couldn't go into work. Working here was very enjoyable for me and was the best first job that I could have ever asked for, it provided me with the necessary skills and experience for future employment.
9 September 2019
Same location
Front line Crew Member (Current Employee) - Penrith NSW
Working at Hoyts its lots of fun. There are so many areas to learn and it can't give you experience in different areas. If you're still in school or studying and need a Part-time job this is perfect! However if you are looking for a job just to earn money, and aren't doing anything else with your time, i would not recommend this job. Hours can vary each week, making it stressful to live off minimum wage, especially if you're not doing anything else.
Pros
Cheap Movie tickets, Staff Screenings, Cheap popcorn and Drinks
Cons
Minimum 8 hours a week