HOYTS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
HOYTS Employee Review

Fun workplace with great managers and staff

3 February 2019
Great Management Team. I have learned so much from customer service to Functions and Events and Basic everyday skills. The staff work with is one of the greatest part of my job, making friends there, and seeing them outside of work.
13 January 2020
Same role
Customer Service (Former Employee) - Taylors Lakes VIC
Gain good experience for a beginner, however career advancement is difficult if you are located outside of Sydney. Culture at sites could be improved, as well as the flexible roster.
Pros
Discounted tickets
Cons
22 October 2019
Same role
Customer Service (Former Employee) - Redcliffe QLD
The competitiveness to up-sell and suggestive-sell is a bit high which can sometimes make it stressful if you don't fulfill the quota but it is satisfying when you exceed it! The management team there are very friendly and genuinely care about their team, the staff are very friendly and helpful. Working at Hoyts I learned many valuable things such as time management, up-selling etc; which to this day I still apply and require in my jobs. The hardest part of the job would probably be when I had to leave or when I was sick as it meant I couldn't go into work. Working here was very enjoyable for me and was the best first job that I could have ever asked for, it provided me with the necessary skills and experience for future employment.
7 April 2020
Same location
Duty Manager (Former Employee) - Sydney NSW
Really loved my time at HOYTS. The staff I worked with were like-minded people and management for the most part were understanding. They were flexible with availability and swapping shifts as long as you followed the rules they implemented which were quite fair such as requesting time off at least two weeks in advance. Great opportunities to move around to different areas and further your knowledge eg. move to the bar area or move to LUX. Also excellent opportunities to move into leadership positions such as a trainer or manager. All positions are part time so there is peace of mind you will always be entitled to hours each week. If you have a positive mindset going into the job and are enthusiastic and respectful to fellow staff members and crew members, you will excel and really enjoy your time at HOYTS.
  1. Fun workplace with great managers and staff