HOYTS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
HOYTS Employee Review

Productive and professional workplace with great working opportunities

13 May 2019
Typical day at work consists of liasing with customers and greeting them, as well as issuing them tickets. With the many jobs and areas it has, every shift is different, from making customers food which we hand deliver to the cinemas for them, to cleaning the cinemas and ushering guests, hoyts has it all. I am a HOST (hoyts operations and systems trainer), meaning I get to train all new employee and employees moving to new areas and find it very rewarding and enriching to be one. The hardest part of my job is dealing with unhappy customers as we wish to provide them with a positive experience, and when we can't, it can come as a let down to us all. With this, we always try to ensure we give the best experience to our customers. The most rewarding part of my job is making new relationships, as most of us employees are very close with one another and are great friends. The management team always strive to provide professional, however personal feedback to us and ensure we are all on top of task. They are very kind and caring and make sure we are all the best employees we can be for the company and our customers.
Pros
Good working environment
17 April 2020
Same role
Cinema Worker (Former Employee) - East Maitland NSW
very cliquey. management are very friendly with staff and if you arent in the clique you dont get equal opportunities. very low wage and high expectation.
30 January 2018
Same role
Cinema Worker (Current Employee) - Blacktown NSW
Working at Hoyts has been very great! Im a person who wants to get into the film industry and Hoyts helped me figure that out. The Management team are very support of my career choice as well that they allow me to get experience by filming videos and taking photos for events at the cinema
Pros
The Staff
Cons
n/a
5 December 2017
Same location
Team Member (Part Time) (Former Employee) - Ringwood VIC
enjoyable workplace, enables you to bond and feel apart of a team. quality training is provided to all staff members and refreshment to ensure they are always trained to a high level.
  1. Productive and professional workplace with great working opportunities