HOYTS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

HOYTS Management reviews

Australia101 reviews
very cliquey. management are very friendly with staff and if you arent in the clique you dont get equal opportunities. very low wage and high expectation.
Really loved my time at HOYTS. The staff I worked with were like-minded people and management for the most part were understanding. They were flexible with availability and swapping shifts as long as you followed the rules they implemented which were quite fair such as requesting time off at least two weeks in advance. Great opportunities to move around to different areas and further your knowledge eg. move to the bar area or move to LUX. Also excellent opportunities to move into leadership positions such as a trainer or manager. All positions are part time so there is peace of mind you will always be entitled to hours each week. If you have a positive mindset going into the job and are enthusiastic and respectful to fellow staff members and crew members, you will excel and really enjoy your time at HOYTS.
Worklife at Hoyts revolves mainly around the customer's satisfaction, this involves service with a smile and making sure all their needs are satisfied. Other duties also included regularly stocking up, making food, cleaning up the work area and the cinemas, and finally to maintain a high standard of cleanliness. The relaxed workplace creates an opportunity to make great friends with fellow employees and management ensures workers are motivated to complete all tasks handed out.
poor staff, poor management and a lack of respect from staff members. the interview process is really easy and cool and they at first seem nice and friendly however when you start working they are discourteous and deceiving.
A typical day at work would be to clean cinema's and serve customers, as well as stock confectionary and all items. Shifts would range from 4-9 hours per day. I learnt a lot of management skills, as well as being put into stressful situations. Management was always on top of things and you knew you could talk to them if need be. It was an enjoyable job for a teenager.
Some days working at hoyts could be quite, especially during school times and in the mornngs. I learn to communication through radios and talk more to customers. Hardest part is needing to recieve managements confirmation to be able to process a special offer. I enjoy the benefits of $2 movie tickets and discount on some food.
I went there for an interview one on one with the managers (Sunnybank Hoyts) and they were so rude. There were two of them in the room and they kept giving each other looks that seemed like they were making fun of me. they also started laughing loudly at me when I was answering questions which made me extremely uncomfortable. Overall management is really rude.
The competitiveness to up-sell and suggestive-sell is a bit high which can sometimes make it stressful if you don't fulfill the quota but it is satisfying when you exceed it! The management team there are very friendly and genuinely care about their team, the staff are very friendly and helpful. Working at Hoyts I learned many valuable things such as time management, up-selling etc; which to this day I still apply and require in my jobs. The hardest part of the job would probably be when I had to leave or when I was sick as it meant I couldn't go into work. Working here was very enjoyable for me and was the best first job that I could have ever asked for, it provided me with the necessary skills and experience for future employment.
The management and supervisors were incredibly childish. There was a lot of gossiping & if you didn't participate you were excluded entirely and alienated by the staff.
My time at Hoyts Cinemas was a little boring. It involved cleaning cinemas, toilets and checking tickets, although this was expected from the role that I was given.
Pros
Cheap movie tickets
Cons
Poor management
Working at Hoyts has its benefits of a "family" like mindset, that allows you to develop real and good friends and memories while working. Tasks are generally not hard to do, though difficult customers are frequent. Management is generally very nice, but can sometimes seem unproductive. Pay is not so great, and do not get normal penalty rates. Benefits with tickets and food are amazing and flexibility is usually not an issue.
Pros
cheap tickets
Cons
Long Hours
I had a lot of fun there, I made so many good friends. Work is relatively easy, but a lot of standing obviously. They are usually willing to train you in more than one area, and the management was pretty good when I worked there. The pay is very low though but at least you get a lot of hours! No social life though lmao
Pros
Discount tickets, awesome friends, lots of hours
Cons
Low pay, hard to get time off
When I worked there everything was being built and we were allowed to be apart of that process. I was so excited to be working there, the people I worked with made work fun. I enjoyed my time working at Hoyts Chadstone, even though a lot of my peers had quit within 3 months of working there due to management.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
poor management, very strict and untimely hours. Being young when applied, extorted my age for my minimum wage and were not flexible with hours, not very nice people.
Do not appreciate hard workers only the cheap teenagers, management need to be more positive to improve moral in the workplace. Fun working environment and day making lots of friends.
great workers but the managers are the ones who make life at hoyts horrible, they dont care about the workers. the managers at hoyts will cut your shift if it will help them save a couple dollars, if you dont do what they say the will make you life working at hoyts horrible
Typical day at work consists of liasing with customers and greeting them, as well as issuing them tickets. With the many jobs and areas it has, every shift is different, from making customers food which we hand deliver to the cinemas for them, to cleaning the cinemas and ushering guests, hoyts has it all. I am a HOST (hoyts operations and systems trainer), meaning I get to train all new employee and employees moving to new areas and find it very rewarding and enriching to be one. The hardest part of my job is dealing with unhappy customers as we wish to provide them with a positive experience, and when we can't, it can come as a let down to us all. With this, we always try to ensure we give the best experience to our customers. The most rewarding part of my job is making new relationships, as most of us employees are very close with one another and are great friends. The management team always strive to provide professional, however personal feedback to us and ensure we are all on top of task. They are very kind and caring and make sure we are all the best employees we can be for the company and our customers.
Pros
Good working environment
typical day at work would be serving customers, cleaning cinemas. i learnt how to talk to people better and how everything worked and what it was used for. i personally did not like management they were quite rude.
A good workplace, wishy washy with management as they were often changing positions. I got along with most workers and enjoyed my time there but felt as if it got incredibly disorganised and started to find that the culture began to change.
Great Management Team. I have learned so much from customer service to Functions and Events and Basic everyday skills. The staff work with is one of the greatest part of my job, making friends there, and seeing them outside of work.
amazing people to work with lots of laughs and good times management can sometimes have their moods but other than that do the job right and happy days