HOYTS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

HOYTS Management reviews

very cliquey. management are very friendly with staff and if you arent in the clique you dont get equal opportunities. very low wage and high expectation.
One of the most relaxed workplace cultures I have experienced, love working here and will continue to for as long as possible. Everyone is friendly and I felt welcomed by both upper management and fellow team members as soon as I walked through the doors
Pros
Discounted movie tickets plus discounted items at the candy bar, staff screenings of movies before they have even been released
Cons
Hours may be reduced depending on the time of year
Very fun workplace, though some terrible inconsiderate managers. Dealing with customers at the movies can be awful. Overall, really great benefits and okay job
Pros
cheap movies
Cons
poor management
Was a very clicky work environment. If you weren't part of the employee 'groups' you were made to feel like an outsider. However inadvertently this formed a group of 'outsiders' and we all got along. The Cinema manager was a nice guy, firm but reasonable and understanding. However all of the the mid-level managers to supervisors that were below the cinema manager were in a power drive and therefor ruled with iron fists enforcing a dictatorship, exercising martial law.
Pros
Made friends
Cons
Long boring hours, Poor work culture
Work environment is alright, a bunch of teenagers so of course there is gossip between workers Management treat workers really bad and are money hungry.
Pros
$2 movies
Cons
The 4 and a half years that I had spent at hoyts was very up and down, although the staff were great the management team were not. Complaints from staff were not taken seriously by the location manager, accepted leave was usually ignored come roster release and because shift swaps aren’t allowed it was almost an impossible fix, there were constant issues with pay and 4/6 managers treated staff like dirt.
Pros
Coworkers were great
Cons
Long hours, never appreciated, spoken down to, complaints about management never taken seriously.
always have an eventful shift. there is never a dull moment at hoyts. Management has always been great. Hardest part of the job would have been sometimes understanding the accents from customers that come through our doors.
Pros
enjoyable team
Cons
hard work
Terrible Wages and management very poor and pressuring for staff to take shifts Benefits not bad and the quality of work and culture was nice, great co workers
Benefits
Cons
Terrible Wages
Great place with a lot of staff benefits and free movies! Management is nice and helps staff with any issues. Caters towards all needs and puts the employee first
Pros
Free movie
Cons
bad pay
The pay is abysmal and the work is high stress/energy. The entire work ethic of the upper managment is that 'you are here for me and you will do exactly as I need,' not what the job needs. Outside of that it is fun because of the customer interaction and the culture. Make it your first job.
Are very strict but I loved it. It really did set me up for my future career and shaped me as an employee. Great first job I really enjoyed the experience.
Pros
staff movie screenings
Cons
management
Typical day at work depends on different areas, good level of variety. What I learnt includes use of point-of-service system, hospitality, customer service. Management is good, friendly with managers
Working at Hoyts has been very great! Im a person who wants to get into the film industry and Hoyts helped me figure that out. The Management team are very support of my career choice as well that they allow me to get experience by filming videos and taking photos for events at the cinema
Pros
The Staff
Cons
n/a
it was a night job. However, for the people with no experience, it was a good job. but, the management was not so good. Anyway, the pay was good and it was cinema cleaning so it was not a tough job.
management is good and i learned time management and punctuality. The job timings are suit for me. Their is no hardest part if we really like it. And i learned a lot.
Working at Hoyts Chadstone is a rewarding experience, and the workplace is filled with amazing people. However, Management can be condescending at times.
Pros
Cheap tickets, discounts
Cons
If I'm going to be honest, Hoyts feels like a lifetime ago as I started a while back now. In summary, it was an extremely fun workplace with exciting beneifts. I worked around 20 people each day as it was an extremely busy center and can confidently say every shift was a great experience. Management were extremely strict but I built a great work ethic at Hoyts and it really helped build my confidence.
Pros
free movies
Cons
extremely busy overwhelming periods during school holidays
Fun and exciting place, never a dull moment. Management are fun and always understanding. Very helpful always ready to lend a hand. Work is always a blast, wonderful people and wonderful customers!
Pros
Employee benefits!
-Typical day at work involved selling tickets, concession, ice cream to the guests. Or cleaning cinemas and checking procedures. -Management is great, aside from one manager who isn't particularly liked. -Workplace culture is good, a lot of great employees who are easy to get along with. -Hardest part of the job was people complaining about the expensive prices. -Most enjoyable part of the job was the excitement of a new job and getting to work and seeing all of my friends who I met through the job.
Pros
Cheap tickets and concessions
There was a lot to learn for this role but the experience, benefits and opportunity to work with a great team was well worth the overcoming of this learning curve. Benefits were great and the skills learned were invaluable. I would definitely recommend a career in management at Hoyts.
Pros
Benefits, working environment and team.
Cons
Often late working hours
I loved working at hoyts. I did feel that management could have trained me better, as I constatly had questions. Also my boss was kind of annoying. mm
Pros
Heavily discounted movies
Cons
poor job security (fired when I turned 18)