HOYTS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

HOYTS Management reviews

very cliquey. management are very friendly with staff and if you arent in the clique you dont get equal opportunities. very low wage and high expectation.
I loved working at hoyts. I did feel that management could have trained me better, as I constatly had questions. Also my boss was kind of annoying. mm
Pros
Heavily discounted movies
Cons
poor job security (fired when I turned 18)
Hoyts has given me great experience in customer service and has helped me to become a great worker in fast paced and challenging environments. The Hoyts team that I worked with felt almost as close as a family as we all got along so well and they made working there so enjoyable. The hardest part about working at Hoyts was definitely the times that we dealt with large groups and rushes of people but the management and the staff all were able to help in handling with any issues I had.
Managers were immature and gossiped. Didn't feel comfortable, everytime I went to work I felt horrible and judged by the young managers/supervisors/host
Pros
Discount
Cons
Managers
Hoyts is a great casual/ part time job, it offers great hours and the staff are fantastic to get along with. The management team is really effective and are always there to help when needed.
Exciting to work at, a different experience every time I come in. Management was not all too friendly but they were productive. Co-workers always friendly, always are smiling. Hardest part would have been just learning the P.O.S system when starting, after that everything was a breeze. The most enjoyable part would have been the people that I had made friends with over the course of working
Hoyts is a great company that achieves many goals and aspirations and has a large range of fantastic staff members. The job duties and tasks are manageable and overall working for hoyts has been a pleasure. Management and staff are impeccable and easy going.I wouldn't change a thing about hoyts.
Will only hire very young employees, so save money. So its a great place to work while you're freshly employed, once a new batch of trainees come in (which happens very often) the shifts will drop down to about 1, 3 hour shift every month. Head Management has stated that its all about results now and employees aren't important and are easily replaceable with someone who has no experience but is half the cost. Too much staff for such a little amount of shifts to go around, but they will still hire every month. The other staff members are lovely and great to work with. Customers are awful and will always be in a terrible mood with you because of the prices, will always be extremely rude and you will cop a lot of slack just for doing your job. Not to many pros, a lot of cons
Pros
Cheaper Movie Tickets
Cons
Selfish Management and no shifts
Hoyts in a great place to work, you meet great like-minded people and get great discounts on movies, food, etc. The only problem is that they do not give many shifts to their casual workers.
Pros
Cheap movies, meet great people, enjoyable work environment
Cons
Management of staff
My job at Hoyts always involves conversing with customers, regardless of which area I am rostered in (floor, candy bar, or box office). The management team is always helpful and motivational, and my co-workers are friendly and all team players. The hardest part of the job is finding enough hours, and the most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly work environment I get to be a part of.
Pros
Two 50c movie tickets per day
Cons
Limited hours available