HOYTS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Working at HOYTS: 111 HOYTS Reviews

Australia111 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Really fun place to work!

Fun place to work! Very flexible hours, made lots of friends, both staff and management! Can get very busy, but that’s expected at a movie cinema! Also has lots of team bonding exercises, whether that be staff screenings, or plenty of other activities! You also get discounted tickets, and food!

Pros

Meeting great people! Very flexible hours!

Cons

Having to clean gross bodily fluids in the bathrooms!

Chill work environment

Work during weekdays is usually pretty slow paced and cruzy. Work is required to be done but is done within a friendly and inviting environment making it fun and not a task.

Great workplace with some downsides

Great workplace with some downsides During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in on my staff and assessing progress on various projects. I like to meet first thing on Mondays to discuss our priorities for the week, then meet again in the middle of the week to check progress, and once at the end of the week to discuss goal setting for the next week..

Relax and friendly work environtment

My ongoing experience at Hoyts has significantly improved my social skills, work ethic and reliability. It taught me of the importance of communication and self-improvement, thus expanding my ability to work individually and as part of a team. Working at Hoyts, allowed me to become confident when interacting with colleagues and customers and to better understand their needs.

Competitive and Friendly

The competitiveness to up-sell and suggestive-sell is a bit high which can sometimes make it stressful if you don't fulfill the quota but it is satisfying when you exceed it! The management team there are very friendly and genuinely care about their team, the staff are very friendly and helpful. Working at Hoyts I learned many valuable things such as time management, up-selling etc; which to this day I still apply and require in my jobs. The hardest part of the job would probably be when I had to leave or when I was sick as it meant I couldn't go into work. Working here was very enjoyable for me and was the best first job that I could have ever asked for, it provided me with the necessary skills and experience for future employment.

Not very professional

The management and supervisors were incredibly childish. There was a lot of gossiping & if you didn't participate you were excluded entirely and alienated by the staff.

Fun workplace

A typical day at work is fun, I learned a lot about dealing with customers and using stuff. Workplace culture is nice we do work amazingly as a team.nh

Loved it

I really enjoy working at HOYTS, as a movie nerd I love getting to see films before they come out and for such cheap rates. I felt very supported in my role and was given the tools i needed to succeed. The people are also really friendly.

work place

friendly and nice to their customers, abit clueless not much help but very friendly. i dont see them doing much work at all but who knows all i see is them walking around.

Hoyts Is A Fun Job

Working at Hoyts its lots of fun. There are so many areas to learn and it can't give you experience in different areas. If you're still in school or studying and need a Part-time job this is perfect! However if you are looking for a job just to earn money, and aren't doing anything else with your time, i would not recommend this job. Hours can vary each week, making it stressful to live off minimum wage, especially if you're not doing anything else.

Pros

Cheap Movie tickets, Staff Screenings, Cheap popcorn and Drinks

Cons

Minimum 8 hours a week

Professional and productive style of work

Attending to customers needs and providing them with what they desire is what its all about as well as ensuring that they have an enjoyable experience. I learned the role of independence within the workplace and having to make decisions to make the workplace flow

Tedious and boring

My time at Hoyts Cinemas was a little boring. It involved cleaning cinemas, toilets and checking tickets, although this was expected from the role that I was given.

Pros

Cheap movie tickets

Cons

Poor management

Fun workplace, but underpaid

Working at Hoyts has its benefits of a "family" like mindset, that allows you to develop real and good friends and memories while working. Tasks are generally not hard to do, though difficult customers are frequent. Management is generally very nice, but can sometimes seem unproductive. Pay is not so great, and do not get normal penalty rates. Benefits with tickets and food are amazing and flexibility is usually not an issue.

Pros

cheap tickets

Cons

Long Hours

A good workplace. Mostly.

I had a lot of fun there, I made so many good friends. Work is relatively easy, but a lot of standing obviously. They are usually willing to train you in more than one area, and the management was pretty good when I worked there. The pay is very low though but at least you get a lot of hours! No social life though lmao

Pros

Discount tickets, awesome friends, lots of hours

Cons

Low pay, hard to get time off

Productive and fun work place

I would never regret working at Hoyts due to amazing staff who become your second family and amazing managers who are well caring and understandable . If you study don't worry because you can juggle Hoyts and school work around.

Pros

Discounted tickets and food.

Productive workplace, always lots to do

When I worked there everything was being built and we were allowed to be apart of that process. I was so excited to be working there, the people I worked with made work fun. I enjoyed my time working at Hoyts Chadstone, even though a lot of my peers had quit within 3 months of working there due to management.

Pros

Fun people

not great

poor management, very strict and untimely hours. Being young when applied, extorted my age for my minimum wage and were not flexible with hours, not very nice people.

Fun workplace, Job progression opportunities not good

Do not appreciate hard workers only the cheap teenagers, management need to be more positive to improve moral in the workplace. Fun working environment and day making lots of friends.

great people to work with

great workers but the managers are the ones who make life at hoyts horrible, they dont care about the workers. the managers at hoyts will cut your shift if it will help them save a couple dollars, if you dont do what they say the will make you life working at hoyts horrible

Productive and professional workplace with great working opportunities

Typical day at work consists of liasing with customers and greeting them, as well as issuing them tickets. With the many jobs and areas it has, every shift is different, from making customers food which we hand deliver to the cinemas for them, to cleaning the cinemas and ushering guests, hoyts has it all. I am a HOST (hoyts operations and systems trainer), meaning I get to train all new employee and employees moving to new areas and find it very rewarding and enriching to be one. The hardest part of my job is dealing with unhappy customers as we wish to provide them with a positive experience, and when we can't, it can come as a let down to us all. With this, we always try to ensure we give the best experience to our customers. The most rewarding part of my job is making new relationships, as most of us employees are very close with one another and are great friends. The management team always strive to provide professional, however personal feedback to us and ensure we are all on top of task. They are very kind and caring and make sure we are all the best employees we can be for the company and our customers.

Pros

Good working environment

fun, good experience

typical day at work would be serving customers, cleaning cinemas. i learnt how to talk to people better and how everything worked and what it was used for. i personally did not like management they were quite rude.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOYTS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• HOYTS