HSE Employee Reviews

Operations environment
supervisor / Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Barrow Island WA5 April 2017
controlled and consistent work pace environment supported by management safety culture, good flexibility to support work groups as required. new learning environment around logistics, transportation and vessel logistics movements
Pros
roster
Cons
wages
Typical coal mine with good trucks and machinery and co-workers.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Moranbah QLD6 July 2016
HSE isn't a bad company to work for because of its safety culture and its a learning curve for everybody working at this mine.
Ken Little | Career Overview
Advisor / Consultant, Contract and Project (Current Employee) –  Western Australia22 June 2016
Great experience
Be friendly to all
Experienced and competent
Respect all
New challenges
All Great
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Need to understand that all of us come from different work backgrounds. We all have a lot to offer
Great!!
Operator (Former Employee) –  Nebo QLD28 March 2016
Great company to work for. Safety was & I believe still number one priority! If work becomes available at that site again I would definitely apply.
I worked with a variety of work groups and thoroughly enjoyed myself
Advisor/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Karratha, WA21 July 2015
I worked for Woodside Energy for almost 25 years and enjoyed the different roles I was in. My last position was based at the Karratha Gas Plant for 7 years and I loved the fact that no 2 days were the same. There was always something different on the agenda. I worked with great people and that is what determines the outcome in any work area.
Pros
Exciting and diversed work
Cons
Long hours and too busy most of the time
Working with non English work force makes the day makes this project intresting
Superintendent - Citic Pacific Mining (Current Employee) –  Karratha, WA20 July 2015
Mentoring each contractor to perform & comply to there own Safety Management plans as well as the owners SMP.

Lead meeting to resolve safety issues, direct my team on different tasks so we reduce incidents in the field
Pros
leaning what others think is good partice & then leading them to lift the Bar
Cons
long orking roster 21 & 7
Fast past work environment that requires the team to perform together and not as individuals.
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pilbara, WA21 June 2015
Extended periods away from home can be challenging.
Pros
Higher income
Cons
Long hours and extended periods away from family
Fun workplace, volleyball court and a mini field for playing touch rugby
Electrical Safety Warden (Former Employee) –  Warden, WA3 June 2015
A typical day at work would be looking forward to a new thing which will be learnt, sharing light jokes with workmates during breaks, and driving around affected areas that needs to be repaired. I have learned about the new electrical technologies in the field that has been introduced such as new switches, upgrading work methods from consultants from overseas. Quality cycle groups have been introduced by the managements eg inventing new ideas and to be implemented but this were not really implemented.Have a good team co workers, we have been working together as a team and helping each other learning new things from each other and also not only within our co workers we have also learnt to stand by each co workers family comes any crisis.The most hardest part of the job is facing unfavorable weather conditions, and lack of proper tools to carry out the specific task.The most enjoyable part of the work is successfully completing the GNB work and staying alive after a days work.
Pros
Allowances are given only when carrying out GNB work
Cons
unfavorable weather conditions, vehicle excess
HSE in executive management and in the field
Manager HSE (Current Employee) –  Brisbane (and mid-air)4 November 2014
Designing systems and getting the core executive to sign onto them is one part of the job; obtaining resources, human and financial, and allocating them, is another, but the key is implementation; this is where most well-intentioned systems and plans usually fail. I spend a lot of time with the key in-the-field supervision to address this issue.
Pros
Practical solution in the field with the workers is always a pleasure. They are generally good, honest people
Cons
Long hours due to air travel from one day to the next.
good support through many years of employment however not too many opportunites for advancement
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Barossa SA21 October 2014
Busy environment, very focused on Quality and production and continuous improvement. Highest scoring sites for Quality and Safety of TWE group of companies. Work was busy there was always something to do, R/A's, WPI, walking and talking, contractor management. Work environment was supportive, part of a team and trusted to get on with the job on your own. Most of my experience and training was through this company. Hardest part of the job was time management and planning your day. I worked a lot of overtime to get routine tasks completed. But I loved working with the people here, they became family.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Long hours, hard task masters
Small company
Coordinator/ Safety & Training Officer (Former Employee) –  Canning Vale Perth14 March 2014
Small company with talented staff who worked well together, and involved themselves in community activities
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Engaging, interesting work environment.
HSE/assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Western Australia16 January 2014
A typical day would begin with sending snapshot reports to the client for the previous day's activities such as occupancy reports, security feedback, fuel/water readings and village issues. Once reports have been sent I will prepare the daily briefing for personnel with relevant safety and operational information. Issues raised from the meeting and the previous day are dealt with. I would then conduct audits on the daily operations, interact with co workers and assist in any way possible. The hardest part of the job is building a culture of safety and team spirit which can sometimes be marred by negative behavior. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing teammates helping each other to reach goals and achieving good results on stock takes and client audits..
Pros
Great salary benefits.
Cons
Working away for 4 weeks from the wife and kids.