Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

HSE Employee Reviews

controlled and consistent work pace environment supported by management safety culture, good flexibility to support work groups as required. new learning environment around logistics, transportation and vessel logistics movements
Pros
roster
Cons
wages
Was treated like absolute rubbish regardless of my broad stretched experience in my field. Was treated like i was a piece of garbage to be honest. It was never in relation to actual productivity of work it was always related to a branch of myself personally, whether it be i asked question about something that they didnt like to be asked. They didnt like my strict level of compliance with my lawfully binding duties asan operator.
Pros
Going home from work
Cons
Dreaded going back to work every day i was rostered on.
Allow for the good balance between work and life. They are committed to making the workplace as safe as possible on a daily basis.
HSE isn't a bad company to work for because of its safety culture and its a learning curve for everybody working at this mine.
Great experience Be friendly to all Experienced and competent Respect all New challenges All Great
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Need to understand that all of us come from different work backgrounds. We all have a lot to offer
Great company to work for. Safety was & I believe still number one priority! If work becomes available at that site again I would definitely apply.
I worked for Woodside Energy for almost 25 years and enjoyed the different roles I was in. My last position was based at the Karratha Gas Plant for 7 years and I loved the fact that no 2 days were the same. There was always something different on the agenda. I worked with great people and that is what determines the outcome in any work area.
Pros
Exciting and diversed work
Cons
Long hours and too busy most of the time
Mentoring each contractor to perform & comply to there own Safety Management plans as well as the owners SMP. Lead meeting to resolve safety issues, direct my team on different tasks so we reduce incidents in the field
Pros
leaning what others think is good partice & then leading them to lift the Bar
Cons
long orking roster 21 & 7
Fast past work environment that requires the team to perform together and not as individuals. Extended periods away from home can be challenging.
Pros
Higher income
Cons
Long hours and extended periods away from family
A typical day at work would be looking forward to a new thing which will be learnt, sharing light jokes with workmates during breaks, and driving around affected areas that needs to be repaired. I have learned about the new electrical technologies in the field that has been introduced such as new switches, upgrading work methods from consultants from overseas. Quality cycle groups have been introduced by the managements eg inventing new ideas and to be implemented but this were not really implemented.Have a good team co workers, we have been working together as a team and helping each other learning new things from each other and also not only within our co workers we have also learnt to stand by each co workers family comes any crisis.The most hardest part of the job is facing unfavorable weather conditions, and lack of proper tools to carry out the specific task.The most enjoyable part of the work is successfully completing the GNB work and staying alive after a days work.
Pros
Allowances are given only when carrying out GNB work
Cons
unfavorable weather conditions, vehicle excess
Designing systems and getting the core executive to sign onto them is one part of the job; obtaining resources, human and financial, and allocating them, is another, but the key is implementation; this is where most well-intentioned systems and plans usually fail. I spend a lot of time with the key in-the-field supervision to address this issue.
Pros
Practical solution in the field with the workers is always a pleasure. They are generally good, honest people
Cons
Long hours due to air travel from one day to the next.
Busy environment, very focused on Quality and production and continuous improvement. Highest scoring sites for Quality and Safety of TWE group of companies. Work was busy there was always something to do, R/A's, WPI, walking and talking, contractor management. Work environment was supportive, part of a team and trusted to get on with the job on your own. Most of my experience and training was through this company. Hardest part of the job was time management and planning your day. I worked a lot of overtime to get routine tasks completed. But I loved working with the people here, they became family.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Long hours, hard task masters
Small company with talented staff who worked well together, and involved themselves in community activities
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
A typical day would begin with sending snapshot reports to the client for the previous day's activities such as occupancy reports, security feedback, fuel/water readings and village issues. Once reports have been sent I will prepare the daily briefing for personnel with relevant safety and operational information. Issues raised from the meeting and the previous day are dealt with. I would then conduct audits on the daily operations, interact with co workers and assist in any way possible. The hardest part of the job is building a culture of safety and team spirit which can sometimes be marred by negative behavior. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing teammates helping each other to reach goals and achieving good results on stock takes and client audits..
Pros
Great salary benefits.
Cons
Working away for 4 weeks from the wife and kids.
Dear Sir,Please be advised that i have more than 15 years in Oil and Gas offshore industry. Most of them related with training and safety. At present I work As Training Manager. The hardest part of the job to match trainings with the availability of staff in time. The most enjoyable part of the job to prepare annually budget for the training.
Cons
no lunch