Human Rights Watch Employee Review

View all Human Rights Watch reviews

Dream place to work for those with passion on international human rights mechanism
Field Research Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dar es salaam, Tanzania30 September 2017
Human Rights Watch is an international human rights nonprofit organization that was founded and dedicated to watch, research and reports everyone including each nations, governments and nongovernment’s institutions, communities and individual’s compliance and response on human rights and other international human rights treaties. It’s a place where everyone would like to work if have passion on international laws, international policies, international and regional’s human rights review mechanisms. But one must be ready and understand the challenges that will face since every human rights defender is always perceived as an enemy to the part that is alleged or suspected to violate human rights laws, policies or treaties. Every time you must be very careful to what say, note or defend whether on public or when having one on one conversation cause what you say have great impact to the image or reputation of the organization. Above all HRW is good organization with great management and great benefits.
Pros
Most of time you will work independently but your work will always be checked with highly level
Cons
Individually, most time you have to make sure you are safe

Other Human Rights Watch Employee Reviews

Fun place to work to be at every single day
French Translator and Interpreter (Current Employee) –  New York, NY23 October 2018
I really enjoyed my experience there even though it was a temporary job. I learned a lot about helping people and listening to asylum seekers.
Translation from French to English became really my passion.
Pros
It was interesting to learn about asylum seekers
Cons
It was a temporary job
Great employer
EU Advocacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Brussel-Hoofdstad17 July 2018
Working for Human Rights Watch, I have learned how such an outstanding NGO works with local NGOs and organisations, as well as EU institutions to advocate for the right cause. Great atmosphere in the office, great team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Human Rights Watch. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8