Human Rights Watch Employee Review

View all Human Rights Watch reviews

An amazing experience to learn how Human Rights Watch functions
Development Outreach Intern (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA17 November 2013
As a graduate student currently finishing his last month at this internship, I can say that my expectations interning at the Human Rights Watch Development and Outreach office in San Francisco have been met. The office fulfills its duties by keeping their donors informed and pleased with the work the organization's researchers perform.

As an development outreach intern, my duties were to conduct prospect research on potential donors as well as maintain the office's day-to-day operations. Tasks that are given to me by my supervisor are both challenging and fun. It is fantastic to work with such enthusiastic people who are passionate about the organization's goals by informing the public of human rights abuses around the world and their mission to defend said rights.

It is an honor to work with such a highly renowned organization committed to defending human rights worldwide.
Pros
Meet human rights defenders and researchers, attend special events

Other Human Rights Watch Employee Reviews

Fun place to work to be at every single day
French Translator and Interpreter (Current Employee) –  New York, NY23 October 2018
I really enjoyed my experience there even though it was a temporary job. I learned a lot about helping people and listening to asylum seekers.
Translation from French to English became really my passion.
Pros
It was interesting to learn about asylum seekers
Cons
It was a temporary job
Great employer
EU Advocacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Brussel-Hoofdstad17 July 2018
Working for Human Rights Watch, I have learned how such an outstanding NGO works with local NGOs and organisations, as well as EU institutions to advocate for the right cause. Great atmosphere in the office, great team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Human Rights Watch. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8