Hume City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hume City Council Employee Reviews

Australia16 reviews
Hume city council is good for learning and developing your project management skills. They have diverse projects and supporting seniors to walk you through the project efficiently.
Good collaborative work environment in most areas. Relaxed atmosphere but sometimes hard to get things done due to beaurocracy. Well appointed offices, meeting rooms and amenities
Pros
Discounted gym
Cons
Slow acting
Work environment was outstanding and people were so cooperative. I am really recommend to work in Hume City Council. Also, work and safety environment in hume coty council.
Great place to work if you can adapt to the culture. Gaining support from colleagues was quite challenging and I enjoyed the fieldwork which was part of my role.
An amazing organisation to work for!!!
Very competitive pay, great working conditions, policies and procedures that take care of their staff!

I would work for the council anytime!
Competitive salary and benefits.
Reasonably new working facilities.

Discount gym memberships with leisure centres.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the department culture.
learned to respect school crossing
management backed up all calls that were placed upon them

the most enjoyable part of my job was to meet and greet daily school crossing pedestrians
Pros
short hours
Cons
meet local residents
Great place to work, very busy environment. Nice people. The culture of the department was good, the coordinators were good, and my colleagues were fantastic.
An effective place overall to be working at, ideal for someone looking to startup a career
And also a good challenging environment to test your skill in
It work as a volunteer there to explore my skills and that duty help me to do so. They provide a opportunity to gain good experience that help you in future jobs.
Pros
Envirnment
Cons
A typical day at work in our Global Learning Center involves a lot of people contact. Every day is different. Our center is a vibrant hub, a place where community members connect with technology, learning and training. Our center offers the opportunity for people to network over a coffee in our cafe or in our private meeting rooms or outside in our civic plaza. Patrons can borrow a book, participate in a bilingual story time, access free computer training, borrow a book or a magazine, download music, surf the net, print, scan, photocopy, learn another language or just pass by to say hello.

Visitors drop in to find out about volunteering opportunities; community groups inquire about finding a local project for their group to volunteer for; not-for-profits make contact to source volunteers through our Gateway program for an event; new registrations and inquires are received every day; our lovely office volunteers provide our program with admin support and bring with them, fresh ideas for our program; we celebrate our volunteers birthdays and treat them just like they were paid staff. We receive good news stories from volunteers who have secured paid work through the skill development and networking they have done through their voluntary role. We have team meetings, network meetings, lunchbox sessions, walking meetings, one-on-one's, office lunches and social club events.

Not one day is ever the same. We meet people from all over the world who are new to Australia and would like to connect into our community through learning programs and recreational activities. We
 - more...
Pros
Family friendly policy, close to home, working in my own community.
Experience at the Hume Library was a comfortable and simple, there were chances to work with children and to participate in the community. Team members are great to work with and are very supportive forming a comfortable environment for all.
Pros
Wonderful environment
Cons
Tiring at the end of the day
Hume is exceptional at supporting staff to undertake their daily role.
Training is available to all those who seek to improve in their day to day role.

Wage system is slightly restrictive being on a local government banding system.

Good variety of work .
Pros
Support & team work
Cons
Lower wages
A typical day at work include design works of projects that you manage; providing services to the general public which often include meeting with them regarding their traffic concerns or their plans to do works around their residence such as adding units in the backyard; meeting with external engineers that are working on the organisation's projects to make sure these contractors are on schedule, budget, and time; assisting councillors to provide information to their constituents; reviewing subdivision plans and providing technical inputs to contractors or lead engineer of that project, reviewing development plans and providing them written approvals. it was a great place to work, made many friends throughout the whole organisation.
Pros
friendships with the people in the organisation, variety of works; going out to meet the public regarding their concerns
Cons
getting residents to be in comliance with regulations and codes
I did mostly data entry, Answering phone call and making calls. I liked the job as it gave me experience in what it is like to work in an office environment. The main problem I had there was too many people working on the same job and instead doing my own job I was spending too much time fixing other peoples mistakes which made it look like I was not doing my own work and leaving it to other people to do it. My manager was always saying he liked the way I can pick up things that even he did not notice and that is a good gift to have in the industry.
Pros
Gave me an insight on office work.
Cons
Too many inexperience workers and fixing their mistakes.
Loved working as a School Crossing Supervisor flexible hours lovely people great job overall