Hume City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hume City Council Employee Reviews in Broadmeadows VIC

4.1Work–Life Balance

Nice and friendly environment

Hume city council is good for learning and developing your project management skills. They have diverse projects and supporting seniors to walk you through the project efficiently.

Good collaborative work environment in most areas. Relaxed atmosphere but sometimes hard to get things done. Well appointed offices, amenities

Good collaborative work environment in most areas. Relaxed atmosphere but sometimes hard to get things done due to beaurocracy. Well appointed offices, meeting rooms and amenities

Pros

Discounted gym

Cons

Slow acting

Good place to work if you are able to quickly adapt to the culture

Great place to work if you can adapt to the culture. Gaining support from colleagues was quite challenging and I enjoyed the fieldwork which was part of my role.

Discount Gym Memberships with Leisure Centres

Competitive salary and benefits. Reasonably new working facilities. Discount gym memberships with leisure centres. Most enjoyable part of the job was the department culture.

Great place to work, very busy environment. Nice people. The culture of the department was good, the coordinators were good, and my colleagues were fantastic.

A environment where career progression is constantly promoted

An effective place overall to be working at, ideal for someone looking to startup a career And also a good challenging environment to test your skill in

a great place to work with great people

A typical day at work include design works of projects that you manage; providing services to the general public which often include meeting with them regarding their traffic concerns or their plans to do works around their residence such as adding units in the backyard; meeting with external engineers that are working on the organisation's projects to make sure these contractors are on schedule, budget, and time; assisting councillors to provide information to their constituents; reviewing subdivision plans and providing technical inputs to contractors or lead engineer of that project, reviewing development plans and providing them written approvals. it was a great place to work, made many friends throughout the whole organisation.

Pros

friendships with the people in the organisation, variety of works; going out to meet the public regarding their concerns

Cons

getting residents to be in comliance with regulations and codes

This was a volunteer job

I did mostly data entry, Answering phone call and making calls. I liked the job as it gave me experience in what it is like to work in an office environment. The main problem I had there was too many people working on the same job and instead doing my own job I was spending too much time fixing other peoples mistakes which made it look like I was not doing my own work and leaving it to other people to do it. My manager was always saying he liked the way I can pick up things that even he did not notice and that is a good gift to have in the industry.

Pros

Gave me an insight on office work.

Cons

Too many inexperience workers and fixing their mistakes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hume City Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Hume City Council Reviews by Location

• Hume City Council
  • Broadmeadows VIC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?