Hume City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hume City Council Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

3.3Pay & Benefits

Fantastic

Work environment was outstanding and people were so cooperative. I am really recommend to work in Hume City Council. Also, work and safety environment in hume coty council.

Interactive with new faces everytime

It work as a volunteer there to explore my skills and that duty help me to do so. They provide a opportunity to gain good experience that help you in future jobs.

Pros

Envirnment

Cons

Action packed and full of variety.

A typical day at work in our Global Learning Center involves a lot of people contact. Every day is different. Our center is a vibrant hub, a place where community members connect with technology, learning and training. Our center offers the opportunity for people to network over a coffee in our cafe or in our private meeting rooms or outside in our civic plaza. Patrons can borrow a book, participate in a bilingual story time, access free computer training, borrow a book or a magazine, download music, surf the net, print, scan, photocopy, learn another language or just pass by to say hello. Visitors drop in to find out about volunteering opportunities; community groups inquire about finding a local project for their group to volunteer for; not-for-profits make contact to source volunteers through our Gateway program for an event; new registrations and inquires are received every day; our lovely office volunteers provide our program with admin support and bring with them, fresh ideas for our program; we celebrate our volunteers birthdays and treat them just like they were paid staff. We receive good news stories from volunteers who have secured paid work through the skill development and networking they have done through their voluntary role. We have team meetings, network meetings, lunchbox sessions, walking meetings, one-on-one's, office lunches and social club events. Not one day is ever the same. We meet people from all over the world who are new to Australia and would like to connect into our community through learning programs and recreational activities. We -

Pros

Family friendly policy, close to home, working in my own community.

Well managed & good work life balance

Hume is exceptional at supporting staff to undertake their daily role. Training is available to all those who seek to improve in their day to day role. Wage system is slightly restrictive being on a local government banding system. Good variety of work .

Pros

Support & team work

Cons

Lower wages

Lovely place to work for

Loved working as a School Crossing Supervisor flexible hours lovely people great job overall

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hume City Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Hume City Council Reviews by Location

• Hume City Council
  • Melbourne VIC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?