Hungry Jack's Employee Reviews

Found 1,917 reviews matching the search See all 1,948 reviews
Managment only care about themselves
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ashmore QLD18 April 2019
There are clear favourites when it comes to the managers. Whist also bulling and harassment against customers, employees and managers from other employees are made out to be okay, and nothing is done by it except the employee offered a promotion (favouritism). Don't bother working your butt off if you only earn $13.50 at age 17. You aren't shown respect or felt welcomed. Never happy going to work.
Pros
Experience in fast food
Cons
No benefits & will propably be driven crazy
Awful
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ballarat VIC16 April 2019
The management doesn't know how to do their jobs, staff culture is awful and no-one wants to be here. The pay isn't competitive and the only reason I am still working here is because I am yet to find work elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Pay, hours, staff, poor management
Hungry Jacks
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dural NSW12 April 2019
Overall, the actual work wasn't that bad, in fact I had some good times working at HJs. The hardest part about working there was dealing with unruly customers who didn't have the decency to remember that everyone working there trying to take your orders, make your food, and get it out on time is actually a person with feelings.
Pros
interesting work environment, good benefits
Cons
fast food is a different level of hospitality and it can get very stressful
Assistant manager
• Staff Rostering
• Ensuring WHS requirements adhered to & report
• Stocktake
• Reporting and Data Entry
Pros
loved the customers
Protective and fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 April 2019
I’m having a great experience at Hungry Jacks. I learned how to greet people well and how to be friendly and positive. Also learned how to be trustworthy.
Fast paced work place
Crew Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Haigslea QLD10 April 2019
The over all of hungry jacks is good but the management can be very unreliable sometimes. The store I was at went through new managers every month. It was had to make a connection with anyone
Pros
Annual leave and sick leave
Cons
Rude customers
Alright job
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Keperra QLD9 April 2019
Was fun at first, everyone was very friendly especially the crew. But didn't get treated very well by some managers and barely got shifts. The hourly pay was bad.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Not many shifts
It was a good place to work
Crewmember (Former Employee) –  Wiley Park NSW8 April 2019
It was a good place to work. I have learned a lot when I was working at hungry Jacks. I was working at Wiley Park hungry Jacks. And I have become employee of the month.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Can meet lots of different people!Cause it's at the momentairport!
Cashier and Customer ServiceCash (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 April 2019
Airport is a such fun place!!!You can meet the people come from the different countries,speak in different languages,and the different dress ,you have to be really fast and patient at same time when you are doing the customer service!!!
Good
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Springwood QLD8 April 2019
Great place to work, lots of people to talk to and always had something to do.

I always worked 5 hour shifts, which I feel was a good length without getting too tired.
Pros
lots of different stuff to do
Not really and ideal workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Caroline springs7 April 2019
I worked here when i was 15, the pay was terrible but for a first job really fun. the culture is not really ideal and like most hospitality locations pretty toxic.
fun workplace
Crew Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 April 2019
Good to work for someone who is a new comer. Good environment. Be ready to handle pressure.Time management is a must. Flexible hours and roster.overall is good.
STressful and disgusting
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Innaloo WA3 April 2019
i worked there for 2 years at $10 an hour. it was stressful agressive and awful. i had long shifts, the managers specifically the store manager was crazy angry and awful to be around.
Good first job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Maitland NSW2 April 2019
pretty good first job, they teach you everything you need to know, can sometimes be fast paced and hard work but other times it can be fairly slow and easy.
It’s a great work environment, but I need a job closer to home
Casual Food Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tailen Bend SA2 April 2019
Lovely and fun place to work great coworkers and friendly environment good pay understanding staff easy to work whit once you get the hang of the sub jobs
Pros
Great coworkers great set up and system
Awesome
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kippa-Ring QLD27 March 2019
Great job I learnt so much and made great friends
Was so fun to work in a food company heaps of interesting and inspiring people
I did learn over my three years just about all the different tasks that need to get done to make and serve great food
Hungry Jacks are really amazing at keeping the restaurant clean we worked very hard to keep up great standards of cleanliness
Pros
Discount food
Cons
Discount food
Fun and productive workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rouse Hill NSW27 March 2019
Typical day work varied from setting up the store in the morning and unloading shipments to closing it up and making orders on night shift.I learnt even more about proper PPE and safety precautions and how to maintain a clean workplace. The management was friendly and helpful and able to do their jobs in a professional manner while also tending to the employees needs. The workplace culture was very friendly with all employees being family and being there for each other inside and outside of work. The hardest part of the job was the changing shifts and sometimes 12 hour notice of a shift (i once finished a shift at 12pm and volunteered to open the store again at 5am that morning due to a coworker being sick). The most enjoyable part of the job was becoming friends with my co workers and socializing and improving my work output with them.
Pros
Store discount, good staff and service
Cons
Short notice on shift changes and rosters
Good team work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Karingal VIC26 March 2019
I know how to and have dealt with all types of customers in all different situations. A typical day at Hungry Jacks is busy and a long hard working day. I love the people i work with and how we all work in a team.
Pros
Many shifts
Cons
Low pay
A busy and fast paced workplace, but personally not enjoyable.
Midvale - Part-time (Current Employee) –  Midvale WA25 March 2019
I highly dislike the hospitality environment and working in kitchens, its incredibly crowded and cramped, I much more prefer working in a larger, breathable environment. My co-workers are incredibly kind and caring but there are definitely a lot of safety hazards in the workplace, there have been many close accidents that have thankfully not been too serious. I'm mainly in the back either making burgers or cleaning dishes, I have worked there nearly 6 months and have not yet been taught front counter, fries, drinks or cash handling
Pros
kind co-workers
Cons
short hours, low wage, hazardous
fun place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  high street epping vic24 March 2019
Never worked in a fast food chain before so all in all it was pretty good experience. Got to learn so much about food handling and safety that is involved in those places
Pros
free meals after work is done
Cons
not enough salary