Hungry Jack's

Australia2,537 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Found 2,537 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,581 reviews

Productive staff and fun but only giving 1-2 shifts

Not giving much schedule, some of the staffs talk about others in their own language and some of them making fun of other races. Management favors same country where they came from and not giving a good amount of shifts to other races.

Fast paced, nice friendly crew

loved working here customers can be rude sometimes but staff is great and easy to work with, if it was up to me I would still be working there however I had to resign due to home life

Hungry Jack's insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment

Stressful at times but fun

I can’t speak for every single hungry jacks manager but mine was really nice. The workers were focused and dedicated to their job but were kind and could have a laugh. It’s a good job for what it is.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Few shifts, pay isn’t the best

great place to work

great place to work! a lot of kind and friendly customers, managers can be varied but overall it's a fun place to work. you learn alot of stuff and it's a good first job.

Pros

50% off on food while on shift, 20% discount code for you + friends/family or off shift, make alot of friends, meet interesting people

Cons

standing for a long time, managers are sometimes harsh, customers can be rude, low quality headsets

Poor management

Poor management, treat crew members poorly.Not proper training.Needs new management urgently.Treat staff unfairly over minor mistakes that could have been prevented if correct training was offered.

Busy and demanding workplace

Workplace is hectic, demanding and really busy. You are required to basically do everything as an all rounder. Job is what it is but the people you work with makes it easy or extremely difficult for you.

Overall a good experience

Working there was fun and the crew was very diverse, some of them even becoming lifelong friends. An eye opener of a job, by that I mean you learn a lot about that part of the workforce and the pros and cons. Working in the food industry was in my experience a much needed experience, taught me how to treat people who work in different franchises all across the board and how to be a better person in general

Busy, Fast Paced work environment with pretty good people

Like most jobs, mangers can make or break it. In my time at Hungry Jacks I saw some pretty good ones and some, 'less' 'good' ones. Often managers hadn't managed to find someone to replace a shift so it would get very busy and demanding for the already stressed crew. The rush hours normally went for an hour and a half, but felt like two, and when it was quiet it always dragged. Pay wasn't bad, and I made some good friends along the way. Definitely a good first job, but would not recommend to someone who wants a more serious career.

Pros

Decent Pay, Chilled when quiet

Cons

Long Rush Hours, Some managers sub-par.

Its an okay workplace

crew was amazing to work, some of the management team were good. Good for a first job as long as you aren't there for too long. Demanding job, various roles so a lot to learn

F.ing Hated It

-Long hours, sometimes no break (paid rest break not provided)-Fast-paced environment -Flexibility in shifts-Managers would pressure younger workers into taking too many shifts however -Terrible pay-Poor hygiene practices-Free drinks

Working at Hungry Jacks

I love working at Hungry Jacks for the experience and the great people you’ll meet. The work itself will be tiring and can easily drain people although it is a great first job and I would recommended everyone to have a job in fast food at least once.

its okay

it is a good first job to have, would not reccomend staying there too long. You learn a lot of different skills, afterawhile becomes very repetitive.

Pros

fun

Cons

tiring

Good place to meet new people who will likely be easy to get along with and fun to work with in a collaborative and efficient sense

The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to meet customers which genuinely surprise you and put a smile onto your face whilst the least enjoyable spectrum of the job is that it is fast-paced meaning that your head has to constantly be aware and have a good sense of memory or stress will overpile and it will become too overwhelming

Pros

50% discount when on break

Cons

Can be very stressful and overwhelming at times

Buildup of friendships but not management

The overall work experience is good- it helps you grow and be an independent person. You are able to make friends. The managers are okay, however, some can be a bit bossy. On the contrary, the pay is not bad. Rude customers can come by, which can be a bit stressing but it allows you to develop social skills. In general, you have to be calm, open minded and assertive when dealing with your customers and fellow employees, if ever they tell at you, DO NOT YELL BACK, tell the manager about the situation ASAP, and if they did not do anything, contact your restaurant manager or HR department. A friendly tip, ask for help if you're struggling.

Good first timer job

Good for a first job. The crew were pretty friendly but management wasn’t great and wouldn’t recommend. Would be good for someone who is studying as there is littleTo no career progression.

Great

Supporting Management, great team to work with for casual. flexible rosters, a good place to start as your first job and learn the operational side of things.

Depends on the store but overall not the greatest first experience.

Was my first job and it is great for those people who work well in teams and are great at working under pressure. This was my store, so it may differ from others, my store was understaffed for the day shifts during the week. Which made rush hours horrible and really stressful. Constantly it was just me in the drive-through and 2 people out front, which required me to both take orders and pack them which obviously made things go slower. The managers would help a bit but then they would just go to the staff room and sit there on the phone. I'm currently at university but I was constantly rostered for day shifts, despite telling my managers I can't work on the days I had uni, they would still roster me. And when I would tell them I couldn't work they would try and guilt trip me into reconsidering. The store I worked in was old and had a broken AC which would kill us during the hot summer days, they would constantly cut our hours short so we wouldn't get breaks. If you can't handle difficult customers, go work somewhere else, when it comes to food you deal with really picky and stuck-up people who take it out on you when you forget something or if the food comes out not how they expect.

Pros

Worked with really great co - workers

Cons

terrible management

good people bad managers

Mangers are so rude and stress you outAmazing job for 15 year old was so much fun built great relationships. It’s very fast paced and the manager expect you to work like a robot with no break sometimes

Poor staff management and inappropriate language from team members

A very unorganised work place full of girls swearing at each other and being dismissed when I was new and adapting to the computer system, food processes etc. The manager had many complaints from the consumers even when I had just started, and there was constant visits from the upper manager to check that the place was in appropriate condition. We were under a-lot of pressure and the regulation of employee stress was not managed well by the manager. Many customer complaints while observing the team during training.

Good people but bad management

An excellent place to meet people but it is not organized at all. I learned to greet customers and take orders. The workplace culture was not the best. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with a rush and best meeting friends

Pros

Meeting new friends

Cons

Bad management

Cool fun and grate and I learnt grate things

I like it clean good team work clean and thirty minutes nice to seee others wrk and see new faces arrive I learn grate work space would like to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hungry Jack's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Hungry Jack's with