Hungry Jack's
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hungry Jack's Employee Reviews

Australia2,265 reviews
Found 2,265 reviews matching the search
Excellent First Job
Typical day at work was basically walking in, grabbing a headset and being assigned a station in the kitchen. It taught me excellent skills in working with a team and management, working in a fast paced, high pressure environment. Hardest part of the job was getting tired towards the end of a shift and still having to continue doing your job to a high standard. The most enjoyable part was making new friends on the job and working part of such a great team.
Good learning experience
It was difficult to get used to working at the start but the more you work you slowly start to develop your skills. The challenges were not knowing the menu's very well and interacting with difficult customers
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short hours
What I Learned
At Hungry Jack's I learnt a variety of things, maily because it was my first job but it sets you up with a good beginning to the work force and the basic requirements
It was a decent first job
It was a good first job since it is usually easy going, as well as a great place to make friends and socialise. My bosses were ok and relaxed with switching shifts if needed.
Pros
Easy going, great for a first job.
Cons
Pay could be better.
The worst year of my life
I worked my way up from crew to manager. I only got paid $14.50 an hour, I regularly worked 40 hours a week and only made about $500 a week, as an 18 year old and a manager. They don’t care about you, they expect you to work so much harder than what we get paid. They want to pay you as little as possible, and get as much work out of you as possible. I wouldn’t recommend working for Hungry Jack’s
Don't work here unless you're 15.
Good for beginning. But management is bad. They expect you to go above and beyond when you're being paid poorly and treated poorly. Work and get experience but leave.
Fun place to work, but hard for people with anxiety disorders
I love working as a team and making conversation with dozens of people every shift. The management is excellent, but I do wish that rosters/shifts could be posted online.
Interesting
I enjoyed working at Hungry Jacks most of the time. The only time I did not was if there was a rude customer or the manager was stressed out. I do recommend working there.
Was alright
So apart from doing my interview in july and getting told I'll start in 2 weeks and actually starting in october, my experience was not so great. One manager that I had every time i was working, was just straight up racist and very very rude. Wouldn't hesitate to make jokes about people's physical appearance, their intellectuality etc. He made a few of us girls cry because he's that rude.
Best thing about working there was the people
If you plan on moving up in a company you'll be stuck in HJ's for 12 years before you get anywhere. Overall a fun experience and learnt a lot if you put in the effort and care considering its "just fast food"
Pre good place to work
Left for family reasons, I learnt how to make burgers and how to cook, pretty good place to work, always on your feet non stop, and the staff are lovely
Fun workplace
Working at hungry jacks is the perfect job for some money while in school. This job is easy and fun when you are working in a team. Some days it gets very busy and it is hard to keep up with orders and make you stressful.
nice to work there lots of friendly employees
I learned lots of skills communication skills and workings skills the place is a diverse place with lots of cultural backgrounds of people and they are very friendly
It is a good place to start and become an expert in customer service and time management as well as become an efficient leader
Here I learned to adapt in a fact environment that can be very stressful if not handled carefully. One can interact with many different kinds of people every day which can teach you how to interact with them. Teamwork is most important in this place as well as maintaining a strict cleaning schedule, Food safety, and hygiene policies.
no playgound
it is good to work there as a crew member. the is good toys with the kid's meal. which keeps kids busy while parents have their meal. some customers are happy with the choices.
Good people, bad work.
You become close and familiar with your fellow coworkers when you bond over how stressful this job is. The people there are actually the best but the work is so stressful and fast paced that you're not nearly paid enough. Also, workplace safety is lacking. The floor is highly slippery, especially near the boiling oil so I'm surprised no one fell in. If there are no gloves to clean the toilets, then you clean the toilets with your bare hands. It is also tightly packed so you are constantly banging into the sides of benches and getting absolutely littered with bruises.
Good for less experienced
Hungry Jack's is a good place to work while you're young and entering the work force. It was my first job and taught me lots about customer interaction, job expectations, and working collaboratively in a fast paced environment.
Fun and fast-paced environment
Great teams and strong management. Always had job security and they provide good opportunities for climbing the ladder. Ability to have fun while you work and will always be recognised for your efforts and team work on the super busy and stressful days.
Pros
Career Progression and great teams
Would not recommend
Managers are flirting with crew and crew are doing the same. There is a shocking love culture throughout two of the hungry jacks iv work for. I could go on forever.
Pros
Works with schooling
Cons
Managers need to be reviewed more often.
Workplace culture
Everyone was very welcoming and after you get showed around you’re straight into the work. They understand if you don’t get the job right the first time and will help you when the day gets busy. Since doing my training shift I haven’t had another one in a month. I’m not sure if it’s because they can’t find time or I did a horrible job :)
Pros
Very welcoming, great place to work
Cons
They may tend to higher people that they don’t necessarily need
Management is terrible
Coworkers are good people and easy to get to know.

Hours are given to younger crew. Career advancement is 'who you know', not what you know. District manager is a tyrant.

Once you hit 18-19, expect 9 hours. Only reason why i left.