Hungry Jack's Employee Reviews

Not overly enjoyable, but a good start.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  South Hobart TAS22 May 2018
Didn't really enjoy much about the job due to poor management, but was a good start and introduction to the work force. Some days it was a good culture and sometimes it wasn't depending on the people I was working with.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
everything else
Potentially great resturant with better hygiene
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  North Mackay QLD20 May 2018
Hungry Jacks specialises in great tasting food, reliable customer service, and friendly staff. however the hygiene aspect of the company isnt too great.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Dirty environment
good working environment
Cleaner - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 May 2018
I learned a lot while working there like teamwork, how to work fast and effectively, the manager manages well as the restaurant was very busy and he need to manage with a fast working environment
Not given enough shifts
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC17 May 2018
Not enough shifts and not enough pay. Managers call unavailable days. Not enough good management like MacDonald.Cutting hours so many just rostering 9 hours per week and not enough to cover the expenses.
Good job for school aged children
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Wilsonton QLD16 May 2018
Working at Hungry jacks is good if you enjoy shift work and overnight shifts. Hungry jacks is very generous with there hours and you make about $12 an hour as a junior.
Fast Food job opportunities and flexible work schedule
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Maryborough QLD15 May 2018
Nice place to work with supportive staff and managers. Flexible working hours with a minimum of 10 hours a week usually. Opportunities to become a manager and do a training course within the field.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
greasy place to work because of fast food oils
productive and good opportunities to learn and develop skills.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC14 May 2018
working in this company has been great. I have gained skills which i think will help me in the future. Working at Hungry Jacks is a great way gaining work experience as well as attributes for development.
Pros
Employees get 25% discount of their order at the store.
Cons
sometimes there is less staff which makes it difficult.
Good first job
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Queensland13 May 2018
Was a good first job that got me through high school. i learnt customer service skills, teamwork skills, multitasking, how to work in a fast pace and loud environment.
Pros
Annual leave
Cons
Small discount and was treated a little unfair
Nice Place to work and to earn experience
Team Member - Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bull Creek WA11 May 2018
This workplace is really good in everything even though it consumes too much time. The management is fantastic and they help everyone out. Very nice job to start and earn money.
Pros
Great staff and Management
Cons
Long Hours
Good
Crew Member (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Perth WA9 May 2018
Great people to work with
Good environment to work in
Fun with other crew members and managers
Get along well with others
Learn new abilities and skills
Lack of training and high expectations for employees who haven't been trained.
Crew Member (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 May 2018
The management was racist, did not train employees, did not supply staff with adequate materials to complete duties, hot-headed and overall terrible to work with. Every shift was filled with confusion, staff were never shown how to complete duties, team leaders were constantly screaming at staff, you never received days off (even when requested) and I never received invoices or my pay rates.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Productive, Fast-paced yet lack in management issues
Kitchen and Sales (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD9 May 2018
Working at Hungry Jack's gave me the training I needed to achieve higher things, very productive workplace, fun and loving crew members, fair rostered time on most fortnightly rosters. However, the management staff were largely lacking in their performance to take care of crew, store product was not correctly checked daily which fell on me to inform the RM of such things.
Pros
Casual Pay
Cons
Management Team
was fun but they didn't teach me how to read the roster
Kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Whyalla SA8 May 2018
they didn't teach me how to read the the roster and the manger did not want me on cash registers due to low maths skills with money that would of picked up when have be teach.
productive and high action workplace with intensive social atmosphere if you're willing to be outgoing
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxenford QLD8 May 2018
- i continuously learn to adapt my responses to customer requests and how to solve problems on the spot
- management are very willing to compromise on hours, availability and often develop beneficial and positive relations with workers, promoting a more positive workplace
- hardest part of the job is the emotional toll it takes due to personal nature when unreasonable individuals target workers in relation to things out of our own control, typical hospitality
- most enjoyable part of the job is the social atmosphere and how it in turn benefits the flow of delivering product
Pros
social atmosphere with other workers
Cons
tiring and emotionally affecting shifts
Fun, Called in alot, Crew Members can be difficult to work with
Looking for a cleaner workplace (Former Employee) –  Gympie QLD7 May 2018
Simple, Go to work , sweat and work hard, go home. Free lunches and nice managers, late/ early hours. If you dont mind working with food then its a great and rewarding job
Is a good environment but not career job I would like
Crew Member/ team leader (Current Employee) –  Queensland6 May 2018
I have worked there for just over 2 years and I have realised that it is not going to be a full time job for me as I only see this as a easy way to get money and experience for is yet to come
Pros
Got to work by myself a lot
Cons
Don't get paid enough or not enough hrs
My experience working at hungry jacks
Hungry Jacks Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Apsley TAS6 May 2018
While i was working at hungry jacks the experience was good, the other workers were all nice and communicated well to one another. The managers told me what needed to be done clearly and were also polite, overall it was a great experience with great people
Hungry jacks is a fun and entertaining place of work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Helensvale QLD2 May 2018
Hungry jacks is a fun and entertaining place of work as the workplace environment is positive and they really support everyone. This was my first major job.
fun environmnt
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Seven Hills NSW30 April 2018
The staff was always friendly and made work a fun environment for all staff. From this job i learned how to speak to customers, serve and take their orders. i also learn how to handle cash and work in the drive thru
Pros
not many shifts
Cons
not many benefits
Productivity, Ergency, effectiveness.
Hungry Jacks Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 April 2018
The workplace is a fun environment to work in as well as the seriousness of the job in which it provides. Overall 1 job I have liked in my list of careers so far.