Hungry Jack's Employee Reviews

Found 1,958 reviews matching the search See all 1,989 reviews
easier to get along with work mates
customer service (Former Employee) –  Seaford SA13 June 2019
always a face paced environment i learnt how to control my self under pressure an to work more as a team. hardest thing would be dealing with the heat on the hpt summer days with hardly any aircon free food on break would of been the best part about having a long day
Pros
free food on break/lunch
Cons
not enough hours
Understaffed, dirty, unfulfilling workplace
Worker (Former Employee) –  Fawkner VIC12 June 2019
The most depressing work experience I've encountered (2016-2017)... We were constantly understaffed which made it hard to produce quality meals for the customers since the job was so fast-paced. All around, not a very good time.
Pros
Discounts, free food sometimes
Cons
Too many to list
great workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Alexandra Hills QLD12 June 2019
Working there was such a good help to improve my customer service skills and it was such a good workplace to work. Was enjoyable to work there and hours where good.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
nothing
Secure.
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth SA12 June 2019
Working in fast food is never going to be the best job you've ever had. Maybe its because we have a union that helps fight for our rights and the constant update of our wages but being permanent part-time, I know I will always have minimum 9 hours work. I know they cannot fire me on unreasonable terms and I need to screw up 3 times over the exact same thing before I go to a meeting to discuss termination. overall its a really secure job.
Pros
Job security.
Cons
Customer attitude.
What can you say about large fast food chains?
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA11 June 2019
They do not hire over the ages of 18 unless they must, managers will be punished for hiring anyone deemed 'expensive'. Over time is not allowed, staff are treated as disposable.
Working at HJ
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Sunshine VIC10 June 2019
HJ at sunshine is very chill, management is very nice, they are young and chill, not that strict, workers all get along with each other and know each other because it's a small store compared to others, the hardest part is closing the store because we always want to finish early, always sneak in a little food on your break ;), shout out to the Arabs
Pros
managers are chill
Cons
closing is a pain
good for a first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC10 June 2019
it was alright for a first job but god it was hard but i guess that what you get for working in fast food and omg i wanted to yeet of westgate so many times
Opinion
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Jindalee WA9 June 2019
I have been with the company for 3 1/2 and I would like to broaden my skills which I cannot do in my current position. I do not get enough shifts to cover my uni and debt costs.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not enough hours
Management were rude
Crew (Former Employee) –  Pimpama QLD9 June 2019
The managment was rude and if you weren't one of their favourites they basically treated you like trash. The crew were great and were really nice. It got very stressful as it is a busy store and if you made a mistake most of the managers would get angry and won't tell you how to fix it. Overall if the managment was better it would be a good first job.
Pros
25% discount, crew
Cons
Rarely have breaks, managers
productive and welcoming workplace
Job Position - Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kelmscott WA8 June 2019
Crew members are welcoming and kind. Everyone works well as a team to get jobs done and to provide the best customer service possible to all customers.
busey work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Munno Para SA5 June 2019
flexible work hours always happy to give you more of them
open and honest commination
eager to train people and move up to management
friendly team environment
Pros
more than happy to shout you somthing to eat if you need it
Cons
long hours can get some wired people come in
Rewarding and fun environment. Great training. Opportunity to make life long friends.
Crew Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Smithfield SA4 June 2019
Hungry Jacks is a great first job. It provides great training and a good knowledge of what working life is like. It was hard first starting in the job as everything was new to me and I didn't really know what to do, but the management staff were quick to help me understand.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD4 June 2019
Enjoyed my time with this company, lots of staff my age and we al got along very well. Training was super easy and management was very understanding and helpful
Pros
Flexible hours
couldve been better
Crew (Former Employee) –  Alexandra Hills QLD2 June 2019
i had fun the first few weeks until i started getting harassed by fellow employees as i was older but less privileged than them, had an accident involving my knee management didn't much care
Pros
free drinks
Cons
bad staff
Great crew members
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hallam VIC2 June 2019
I’ve only been working at Hallam Hungry Jack for a short time and have to say the crew members were awesome to work with.
The biggest problem is the lack of communication from management team. Crew members have no say at all. Such a horrible place to work at if management sucks at what they do.
Pros
New friends
Cons
No communication from management. Pay sucks big time.
Store
Customer service, Front counter / Drive through (Former Employee) –  Pakenham VIC 381031 May 2019
store is so dirty and disgusting, i would never let my child or any of my friends work in a place like this as there is mold in their orange juice machine and behind alot of machines.
Great
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Glenorchy TAS29 May 2019
Glenorchy is the biggest store in Tasmania, would not recommend for anyone who cannot handle stress or confrontation well. the store can be an amazing environment and majority of the crew are always polite to new employees. The crew are amazing and know how to make you feel welcomed, it's like a big family. the company consists of amazing managers and really have helped me over come many issues (work and non work related) they are reliable and very understanding. Although once again being and extremely fast paced store you will always have customer complaints, its going to happen. however, most of the crew handle theses complaints well on their own despite the abuse thrown at them.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Stressful & abusive customers
Demanding managers, lack of workers, over worked long hours
Crew Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Footscray VIC23 May 2019
As a student, managers here overwork you and give you 30+ hours a week even though you say you can't work it. Remembering the menu is pretty easy. The ordering machine is easy to access as well. The work culture is very fast paced. You have to learn how to deal with customers effectively.
Pros
Free food ( sometimes )
Cons
Long and overworked hours managers force you to take, The people working with you are rude, rude and demanding managers, Everything in the stores are broken
not good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pakenham VIC23 May 2019
didnt like the managment, i was expected to finish at 11 when i was in highschool with no public transport available after 10. i was good at my job but
Experience on job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victoria Point QLD22 May 2019
i persuade management on multiple occasions with no results due to management intervention and prevention for their own benefits and goals. i have managers from other stores who believe i could become a good manager but cant do anything about it. other wise fairly good.
Pros
cheap food
Cons
no chance to advance under the Victoria point RM