Hungry Jack's Employee Reviews

great managers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Myaree WA15 October 2018
great working environment, taught me a lot about customer service and working with new people it was a good first experience learning to work in Australia when i first arrived
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
under staffed most days made it busy
Good
Crew Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 October 2018
Management was great, the environment was good to work in. I learned and developed many skills and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to walk into an atmosphere where everyone is positive and motivated.
ok
Crew Member (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Wynnum QLD14 October 2018
Working at hungry jacks allowed me to gain a wide set of skills in customer service and food preparation. I also learned proper manual handling skills and worked effectively with other crew members.
good workplace
Cook/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Beresfield NSW11 October 2018
great hours wonderful staff never a dull moment loved working for the company always a joyful day and everyone worked with a smile no matter the time of day or workload we had on
Food handling
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palmerston NT11 October 2018
Food serving in fast food just wasn't the type of industry I was in to, it filled up a fair bit of my time while I should have be studying and I wasn't trained enough in different stations due to them prioritising certain people on certain stations hence my resignment.
Pros
Not much availability (Since I was young)
Cons
Managers had tension and disagreement between each other.
Busy Job
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Ashmore QLD10 October 2018
I liked working here it kept me busy and overall was tired after working so long. I looked forward to going to work to earn good money. The hours were random and sometimes I was working longer.
Pros
staff discount on food
Over all good but not much work to do for a fast worker
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gosnells WA10 October 2018
The store and people are always nice and friendly, but I always finished my work fast and correctly so I got bored very quickly, but the bit that was confusing is that if you're not working you get in trouble, even though all the work has been done?
Hungry jacks Staff
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 October 2018
I worked at hungry jacks for over 6 months and what a disaster it was. On my second shift i gt yelled at for not wearing a hair net but i was only new to the job. I got good at the job and became one of the favourites at the work place. The hardest part was cleaning and washing everything. The ost enjoyable part was working ith members that i liked and just having a good time
great customers, but over worked staff due to cutting down/understaffing.
CREW MEMBER/MAINTENANCE/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Loganholme QLD5 October 2018
this job was good as far as customers go. the senior management was strict but strong in some areas and then slack other times. we would always work minimum 10 hours overtime a week unpaid with not recognition or praise or thank you. it did not increase our chances to succeed in the business, it just enabled us to just scrape through the week.
not my kinda place
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Minchinbury NSW5 October 2018
didnt fit me at all, i was underpayed, it was yuck, nice people but everything else just wasnt for me, maybe theyve changed by now but i wouldnt know, i gave up a long time ago.
Hungry jacks
Part Time (Current Employee) –  Perth WA4 October 2018
Hjs is a good place for students to work for extra cash while still studying, but once you graduate school your hours drop, management positions are rare. most people are nice as well, hardest part is probably when customers wont listen to you or when you get abused for burger room being too slow.
i did make many friends during this job.
Pros
alright money
Cons
horrible people
Good first job
Past Jobs/Volunteer/Community Work (Former Employee) –  Mornington VIC3 October 2018
Hungry Jack's was a great first job for me to have. It provided me with the confidence for customer service that I didn't have before. It was an enjoyable place with great atmosphere to work at, and the management were brilliant and I will always be thankful of how kind and helpful they were.
Great work experience to add to your resume.
All Rounder (Current Employee) –  Palmyra WA2 October 2018
A typical day at work at my workplace consists of a great work atmosphere but even greater work ethic from myself and the crew who get work done to the best of our abilities.

When you think about it , but it can get hectic and incredibly stressful for the managers and the crew. There are so many things that can go wrong, and at times do. some days that start off with a no call no show followed by a fryer not working or running out of product; while other days go off with the broiler not cooking up products . As a crew member I've came across an entirely new definition of stress, which was overwhelming at first.

By working through it I learned how to choose which things were worth stressing over. By eliminating the stuff that wasn’t as important, I was able to then handle each stressor on an individual basis.. I also learned that sometimes stress never truly goes away, but it helps to remember all of the stress that you’ve already overcome. My biggest takeaway was treating stress as a challenge to be overcome.
Pros
Great work environment thats if your manger is laid back but assertive.
Cons
customers think its okay to abuse you just because you work in the fast food industry.
productive workplace and very good leadership
Employee (Former Employee) –  Minto NSW2 October 2018
- easy going
- learned to restack stock, make burgers, co-operate with others to work together, learned how to clean certain machinery and to close the restaurant after closing hours.
- very good culture
- enjoyable part was learning the practices it takes to keep the restaurant running and how it stays so successful.
reallynice to their employees
Self-management (Former Employee) –  Albury NSW1 October 2018
was a great experience working there, I learnt a lot, and experienced a lot. I learnt I had to take up most of my time to keep up with their jedi online work. but I learnt to clean correctly and cook burgers and chips.
Pros
busy
Cons
jedi
unorganized, dirty, unreliable, bad co workers
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Joondalup WA 60271 October 2018
I didn't receive much training, franchise was unorganized, dirty and run down. I cleaned as much as i could but most people didn't seem care it dirty.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
no training, unorganized, bad co workers
Hard over time
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Kangaroo Flat VIC30 September 2018
Crew are treated as if very disposable, very little care, even if you are one of the most important crew members and they rely on you for skills other crew such as school kids, do not have. Little care for how hours are effecting you personally, rostered 7am one day, 5pm-11pm the next, 11pm finishes and early shifts the next day ect. Impossible to have a routine or sleeping pattern with up and down hours. Work Full time hours but under casual contract so no one has access to annual leave or sick leave, even managers.
Pros
Easy Tasks, decent pay, great co-workers
Cons
bad rostering, little care for staff, casual contracts only
Managers are unprofessional
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mildura VIC28 September 2018
Have put in multiple reports for discrimination, mistreatment, and breach of confidentiality against multiple managers
Almost slaped them with a lawsuit
Yet it still continues
Disgraceful.
Pros
Not worth the cons if you are to old for a legal guardian
Cons
Managers dont seem to care anymore because they have had enough
Was the worst possible experience for my first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mentone VIC25 September 2018
I wasn’t paid for 3 weeks because the dumb management couldn’t spell or even put a bank account number on correctly. I also worked past 9 o’clock on every shift which is highly illegal and one night was meant to finnishy my shift at 10:30 but had to stay until 12. Then I quit.
Pros
Cons
Bad treatment of customers and employees, shocking pay
Bullying staff
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA25 September 2018
Management is not nice to other staff, rude to customers as well. Wasn't happy with the food, was cold and messy. The store isn't always clean either, depending on the time of day you are there.