Hungry Jack's Employee Reviews

Found 1,925 reviews matching the search See all 1,969 reviews
Experience on job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victoria Point QLD22 May 2019
i persuade management on multiple occasions with no results due to management intervention and prevention for their own benefits and goals. i have managers from other stores who believe i could become a good manager but cant do anything about it. other wise fairly good.
Pros
cheap food
Cons
no chance to advance under the Victoria point RM
No good
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Keperra QLD21 May 2019
they do not care for their people, or the mental & psychical strain they put on us. the legitimate hours that i work compared to what i get paid is a joke, and what i have to deal with is disgusting
Managers are rude and think they're better than everyone.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Perth WA19 May 2019
The amount of stuff you have to deal with working in fast food. Rude customers, pointless, stupid managers, low pay, ridiculous hours. It is not worth it, if this job is your sole income.
Cons
Poor pay, long travel, rude managers.
Fast Food Industry is hard on you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eastern Suburbs Perth19 May 2019
If you love being abused by strangers you've never met before because they got the wrong burger (despite being given the burger they verbally said and communicated but they wanted THIS burger you id*ot) then this is the place to be! People just hate you, because they believe minimum wage workers are the scum of the earth for some reason (probably get a kick out of it).
HOWEVER,
your coworkers will become family to you if you stay long enough, something about experiencing bullsh*t and abuse together often really bonds people together
You can pursue a Cert III in hospitality fairly easily, and move up into management if you're hardy enough.
Honestly I'd go back if they paid more because I miss the real team spirit.
Pros
:) coworkers, you dont get free food lmao
Cons
read above :)
Team Member
Casual Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Firle SA18 May 2019
I enjoyed my time there, i was working after school, gave me confidence and valuable lessons for the future.
it was a role for me after school nothing more
Misleading strict attitude from Management, no time to work on school work.
team member Indooroopilly (Former Employee) –  Indooroopilly QLD17 May 2019
Was a high school student, did shifts after school and weekends. Management was very strict, customers were very unfriendly and often misspoke to me. I was also trying to focus of my school work.
Pros
cheap meals
Cons
Strict management
Great workplace with managers
CREW (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 May 2019
The work place was very good and great managers and team crew members were around me which made the work less boring. However the pay rate is relatively low.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Low pay
Good crew to work with
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Waurn Ponds VIC12 May 2019
Working at hungry jacks is a good place to statrt working and get you rfrst job experence at. Seeing that they pride themselves in being fast and proficient, good training program, however the often bad shifts and very minimal pay has to be one of the few down falls that hungry jacks falls into. Saying this just about all of the store is good except from a bad manager from time to time, but you get those wherever you go.
Pros
good crew
Cons
low pay, bad hours
good to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Griffith NSW12 May 2019
good first job, leaned that you have to be on you feet at all times and being at work with your work friends is good and I I have come a very good team working.
Not a very nice workplace to work with
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Browns Plains QLD9 May 2019
Not a good workplace, never got respected by hungry jacks or the managers their. expected me to do long hours 10hr days whist I was still in school! no respect at all!!!
DO NOOTTTT RECOMMENT HUNGRY JACKS WESTPOINT, BROWNS PLAINS!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
not respected by managers at all!
horrible
Cook/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Beresfield NSW5 May 2019
they always gave me last minutes shifts, for example theyd call me at 11;40 and want me to wok at 11;55 always screwed around my payments, it was horrible-----berefield hungry jacks
Productive and fun work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Perth WA3 May 2019
I've learned a lot working in Muffin break from making coffee to muffins. Very good working shifts - balance with work and study life. Good on-going training.
Productive work members as a team
Crew Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Armadale WA1 May 2019
I enjoyed working at hungry jacks, where a lot of the people i worked with were easy to get along with and the majority of the managers were friendly and very welcoming. I used to work to the best of my ability and get complimented on my hard work, which made me more motivated and confident in the workforce. The only problem was the hours i would work till 9/10 pm on school nights and all weekend, mostly on the busiest hours of the day which affected my school work and mental state at the time.
Pros
Got along with all the crew members
Cons
worked very often, long hours
enjoyable and fun place to work
PART-TIME EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Port Macquarie NSW1 May 2019
work was always fun, enjoyable and a great place to learn to multi task. management were always good and very understanding and helpful. was always fun to be running the food for customer and working out the back.
fun workplace with great team
Team member (Former Employee) –  Longwarry VIC1 May 2019
Fun workplace with a great team of managers and crew to help everything go smoothly.
Always have lovely customers and a few loyal ones you can really get to know. Great experience for young workers and a great job you can stick with. Not great pay however, but you get that with the big jobs
Pros
great team
Cons
bad pay
Great starting point
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 April 2019
Hungry Jacks Bunker Hill is a fantastic starting point for any persons career. I enjoyed every day at work and interacting with other employees and customers enhanced my experience in customer and boosted my confidence with communication.
Not a good work area
Fast food (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 April 2019
Bad managers,next to no benefits and for a 16 year old i'm getting $10 per hour .You are expected to know so much when first start and poor training from manager.
Pros
Free burger, if not given a break
Cons
Too many
it was an okay place
burger room (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth SA27 April 2019
making burgers

i didnt learn much

the most of the management were fantastic

the hardest part was keeping up with the orders

the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know everyone
Pros
the people i worked with
Cons
not enough hours were given
Productive and fun workplace to be with
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Western Australia24 April 2019
Very busy most of the times. People from all ages come to eat at the store. quick learner is essential for fast pace working environment. constant moving and attentive in detail and awareness required.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours and fast pace environment
Ametuer Managerial skills
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA23 April 2019
Would not recommend working here to anyone. The managers lack managerial skills, the crew are incapable of being independent and the pay is absolutely horrible
Pros
not many hours
Cons
low pay