Hungry Jack's
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hungry Jack's Pay & Benefits reviews

Australia2,285 reviews
I worked as a night time clean up crew member in both a 24hr store as well as a non-24hr store. Working at a non-24hr store as a clean up person is increadibly hard work.

I would recommend avoid becoming a Team Leader or H&S Team Member if you can't afford extra putting in extra responsibilities.
From the time I was employed, I was not afforded any additional benefits for taking up the extra responsibilities that come with the H&S and Team Leader positions. No pay rise. Not really worth it unless you want the title change for your resume, or you are looking to seek a promotion to management staff.

In general, the workplace can be very stressful. It varies from store to store. Management are constantly pushing for high work efforts so they can try to cut even hours, and if you are working at a non-24hr store it can get incredibly stressful. THEY ARE ALWAYS LOOKING TO CUT HOURS. ALWAYS. Over my years of employment, ~20-30% of my shifts at one store were understaffed. Meaning that I had to constantly work harder and faster to simply leave on time. Especially since I almost always rostered on with female managers, who would either refuse or were incapable of assisting in the higher-labour jobs.

Your enjoyment in any position at Hungry Jacks will rely heavily on how you form relationships with other staff members. If you can make friends with others, you will be capable of enjoying a position at Hungry Jacks. If you can't make such a relations, you can struggle to find enjoyment.

As a first job, its fine. Though i would recommend working in different fields if possible.
 - more...
Pros
25% Staff Discount
Cons
Stressful, Close to Minimal Wage.
I worked for the company for 15 years all they cared about was their KPI and exploiting younger workers for low pay rates, they use to bully their employees when they call in sick, they put too much pressure on time controls which aren't achievable at all and their bullying policies are bogus
Pros
Job security
Cons
Everything else
Pay does not reflect hours and didn't take into consideration my schooling life and hours. The environment was fast-paced and didn't let me know of my first shift
Pros
Some cool people, discounted food
Cons
Long hours, low pay
simple way to earn some money, they dont require any experience, good provided training, you must pay for food for yourself, your'e allowed to have water with you
Cons
good 5+ hour shifts for every9ione
It depends on which store you can get into buy overall its very stressful and you have to take on a lot of work with stupid hours and not enough pay.
The job is fine, especially for a younger individual looking for a first job or way to earn money. depending on location and your crew it can be a stressful and frustrating job.
I worked my way up from crew to manager. I only got paid $14.50 an hour, I regularly worked 40 hours a week and only made about $500 a week, as an 18 year old and a manager. They don’t care about you, they expect you to work so much harder than what we get paid. They want to pay you as little as possible, and get as much work out of you as possible. I wouldn’t recommend working for Hungry Jack’s
Poor management. The managers that do care about us have no power to do anything. The restaurant and district managers do not care about the employees or other managers. Rosters take forever to come out, there are always pay issues that take forever to resolve. This is a job where you stay if you are desperate and don’t care about your mental health. Unfortunately I fall into that category.
Do NOT work here, unless you’re young and looking to get a bit of job experience.
Very limited growth potential, and that growth barely comes with benefits. It’s clear how depressed all the managers are but they cant do anything about it. A couple extra dollars an hour for 10 times as much work. I could never do that. I’m only a team leader and if it wasn’t for COVID-19, I likely would’ve quit by now, but I’m stuck here for the time being.
Pros
Good co-workers, discount on food
Cons
As listed above
They expect you to work understaffed because the management that get commission don't want to spend money on wages. All employees are unmotivated and generally don't do their job most of the time. If you like to stand around and take your time you'll have an easy time
Pros
Non
Cons
Always understaffed, no-one wants to work, always dirty
When working at Hungry Jacks it can be quite stressful at busy times, however every other time is relaxed. The pay is really low which is probably why i wouldnt go back.
It is a great start to your career if you want to a first job but it doesn't really pay for anything like living costs and it is pretty stressful especially customer service
Good for your first jobs as they love hiring young kids to pay less lol

but if u find a good store to work at like me u can develope enough a set of skills to move on in life. GOOD LUCK
if your under the age of 18 then hungry jacks is the place for you. once you go full adult rate at 20 then kiss your hours good bye. Gets very hard after that to get anymore then the minimum hours.
other then that it is a great place to start. learn alot of skills from cash handling, food prep and customer service.
cleaning, cooking, serving customers, making drinks
Higher rate of pay then most places, not many hours and lots of staff rostered on to give you a few hours each
it can be a good place to work if you work with the right people if not just put your head down, work the hours and be yourself. pay is good and hours and nice and easy.
the pay was pretty good but i hated working there. i feel like if they were nicer it would be a pretty good job but everyone is snobbish. also it's pretty hard to get consistent hours
Pros
pay is good
Cons
everyone sucks
It was all good then most Australian managers left and it just went downhill and the manager who was there for 10 plus years decided to leave and to to Gungahlin
Pros
Pre good pay
Cons
Stressful
The store was of a very poor condition. There was not enough staff and the managers were very rude. They even called crew members at unreasonable timings (such as 11pm and 6am). They even asked crew members to work for more than 8 hours and even yelled their guts out at them. The salary even got delayed due to the public holidays.
Pros
not applicable
Cons
rude managers, delayed pay, giving too much attitude, sexism
didn't work there long as i didn't enjoy it. the pay was poor but it is a decent first job for a school student looking for abit of money and some work experience.
The pay was low and the hours the same so i could not live of it so i left the training as a crew member was poor and i was left in the kitchen alone .
Very busy job, often odd hours, good salary, decent managers, front end and drive thru get very busy, have to learn how to deal with customers and their complaints and order quickely.