Hungry Jack's
View all Hungry Jack's reviews

Hungry Jack's

Hungry Jack's Employee Review

Depends on the store but overall not the greatest first experience.

Was my first job and it is great for those people who work well in teams and are great at working under pressure. This was my store, so it may differ from others, my store was understaffed for the day shifts during the week. Which made rush hours horrible and really stressful. Constantly it was just me in the drive-through and 2 people out front, which required me to both take orders and pack them which obviously made things go slower. The managers would help a bit but then they would just go to the staff room and sit there on the phone. I'm currently at university but I was constantly rostered for day shifts, despite telling my managers I can't work on the days I had uni, they would still roster me. And when I would tell them I couldn't work they would try and guilt trip me into reconsidering. The store I worked in was old and had a broken AC which would kill us during the hot summer days, they would constantly cut our hours short so we wouldn't get breaks. If you can't handle difficult customers, go work somewhere else, when it comes to food you deal with really picky and stuck-up people who take it out on you when you forget something or if the food comes out not how they expect.

Pros

Worked with really great co - workers

Cons

terrible management

Same role

Poor management

Poor management, treat crew members poorly.Not proper training.Needs new management urgently.Treat staff unfairly over minor mistakes that could have been prevented if correct training was offered.
Same roleSame location

Overall a good experience

Working there was fun and the crew was very diverse, some of them even becoming lifelong friends. An eye opener of a job, by that I mean you learn a lot about that part of the workforce and the pros and cons. Working in the food industry was in my experience a much needed experience, taught me how to treat people who work in different franchises all across the board and how to be a better person in general
Same role

Busy, Fast Paced work environment with pretty good people

Like most jobs, mangers can make or break it. In my time at Hungry Jacks I saw some pretty good ones and some, 'less' 'good' ones. Often managers hadn't managed to find someone to replace a shift so it would get very busy and demanding for the already stressed crew. The rush hours normally went for an hour and a half, but felt like two, and when it was quiet it always dragged. Pay wasn't bad, and I made some good friends along the way. Definitely a good first job, but would not recommend to someone who wants a more serious career.

Pros

Decent Pay, Chilled when quiet

Cons

Long Rush Hours, Some managers sub-par.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hungry Jack's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Hungry Jack's with

• Hungry Jack's
  • Depends on the store but overall not the greatest first experience.