Hunter New England Health Management reviews

Flexible workplace
Administration Officer (AO2) (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW7 March 2019
Overall it was good, working with a great team makes a big difference. Very flexible hours. Opportunity to attend training to update skills. Management are quick to act on issues between staff. Good pay rates and they offer salary sacrifice.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Has been a great work plcae over the many years
Enrolled Nurse (Current Employee) –  Moree NSW14 June 2018
Rural nursing provides you with a large skill set which has always been challeenging and rewarding.
Patient focused work environment
Working as part of a team is always enjoyable
Management are supportive and try to help with staffs requirements
Good people poor management
Training and Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW31 March 2018
Management is based on seniorority and still working in the ways of the 80's. Managment are not qualified to perform their jobs and just bully staff. Staff do what they can but can not do to much.
Pros
People
Cons
great staff and good atmosphere
level 2 hospital assistant (Current Employee) –  Armidale NSW2 March 2017
there was a high turn over of patients we were running out of the planned menu food, felt comfortable to ask management about what to do, they advised me to talk to the diet aid. We discussed the options and with the help of the rest of the staff we were able to serve our food on time..In high stress situtations you need carm management which is what I got. Hardest part of the job is making sure u have put enough food out to cover any situation that might change. The best part getting the food ready..
Pros
left over food was for staff
Cons
afternoon hours seemed to drag on
Fast paced environment
ASSISTANT IN NURSING (Former Employee) –  Muswellbrook24 February 2016
Working at Muswellbrook hospital in their aged care facility was fast paced and demanding with high care need residents. This was a very rewarding place to work and supportive senior management.
gained a wealth of experience
Hospital Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, NSW8 October 2015
Hunter New England Health provided me with experience that I have carried over into my own personal life. I made great new friends in my co workers. management were very understanding when I had a personal issue . the loss of a loved one. I thoroughly enjoyed my time and experience at The Maitland Hospital.
Pros
made new friends
Cons
salary does not measure the work a cleaner does in the public sector.
Rewarding, self satisfying
Court Diversion Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW30 August 2015
By my own rating everying about working as a court diversion case manager was fantastic.... except job security because I was in the position awaiting a redundancy A typical day was never typical, attending court, new referrals, assessments for the Magerstrates Early Referral Into Treatment (MERIT), liasing with the legal fraternity. Other days were filled by working with complex clients, (counselling, liasing with various services, supporting, facilitating group work).
My co-workers were great, some I had worked with in previous areas of drug and alcohol, we werea family. There was no hard part of the job per say except feeling the heartache of a significant other in relation to a breakdown caused by another,s drug use.
The most enjoyable part of the job was a client completing the program, standing in court and the client being acknowledged for their achievement.
HNEH management had an open door policy and was always very supportive.
What I learned.... In 22 years of working and helping people as a nurse and drug and alcohol worker I have learned that we are all people,... we are all different, and none of us are perfect. There is an element of good in most if not all people, given the conditions and situation for it (the good) to shine through. It certainly shone through on many ocassions working in MERIT
Pros
Seeing people turn thier lives around and the comfort of working with great staff
Cons
No cons that I can think of
Enjoyable work place
RECEPTIONIST / ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Newcastle23 January 2014
A typical day at work: This service is busy, I love this role I enjoy it, I love all the clients and staff.So when I start work I retrieve the messages from the answering machine, do the mail, petty cash answer the phone, and do whatever is asked of me.I have learned a lot of postive things for example I have learn't to be and act professional, new skills, and conflict resolution.My co-workers are fantastic people and because I work with a range of people ranging from professional people like Drs, Social workers, Case managers,Coordinators, high levels of management, and admin staff, there all great people and I have a good working rapport with all of them.The hardest part of my job is knowing that it is ending because of funding, and sometimes can be a little bit repetitious.The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing every-one every day puts 110% in to all our clients to make sure that they have the ultimate outcome for their needs.
Pros
Doing something that doesn't feel like it's a chore.
Cons
There are no Cons.