Hyatt Employee Reviews

Found 61 reviews matching the search See all 7,246 reviews
Fun working environment, great work colleagues
INTERNAL AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Perth WA4 February 2019
A very friendly environment to work in with diverse cultures. Good direct manager. Love working in hotels as you don't just bump into workmates but guests and the like
Pros
great work colleagues who become life long friends
Cons
Overall, this company is okay if you are starting a career in hospitality industry.
Bell Attendant (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT18 January 2019
As a doorman, you are required to stand within the duration of your shift, which can be 8 hours straight.

The good thing about this company is that it supports part-time positions to accommodate working students. The hardest part of the job, is the shift roster, which can be erratic most of the time due to staff absences.
Pros
Subsidized lunch.
Cons
long standing hours.
okay experience
waiter, housekeeping, conservatory bar, concierge (Former Employee) –  Perth WA18 December 2018
long hours and low salary, really tiring, and stressful. friendly people. sometimes not enough hours when its quiet but when its busy its not worth the stress for the amount of money you receive
Pros
close to city
Cons
low salary
Ive worked in security for over 9 yrs.
Corporate security guard, crowd controller. (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 October 2018
I've my certificates 2&3 plus my medical certificate & working with children card & also white card & other construction cards.I've worked with wormald security in the late 80's threw ANZ & then with CHUBB.
Pros
I don't mind.
Cons
Ive worked from 12 to 13 hrs a day & up to 7 days so I.can work the hrs.
Diverse work environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW2 September 2018
Working at a diverse environment is challenging but at the end of every shift you feel contented and happy knowing that you have served well. Pressure is always part of every work so just smile at it.
Pros
work is good
Cons
sometimes you need to strain yourself to quickly finish rooms.
Good work culture
Bell Attendant (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT21 August 2018
This position is ideal for working students. The flexibility of hours offered by the hotel to cater to university attending individuals is of great help.
best environment
purchasing department (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 May 2018
lot of friendly people and friendly environment with goog safety measures taken.it is located in darling harbour one of the best hotels in sydney
Cons
they pay 18$ and i am through agency
Empresa Flexivel
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sydney Austrália10 May 2018
Empresa flexível , e com ambiente harmonioso e agradável, pessoas de diversos locais do mundo trabalhando junto, com diferenças culturais, é muito enriquecedor.
One exciting day!
Student Make Up Artist (Former Employee) –  Perth WA25 March 2018
This was a wonderful experience for me. I felt like a real make up artist, butterflies and all. I got up at 5am to get ready and be at the hotel by 7 to set up for models. It gave me a lot of experience to be able to see how early or late I'd be working because I was able to see how all comes together being apart of a team behind the scenes.
This also gave me a real insight and appreciation for the industry. It felt amazing to enjoy the day and be credited and acknowledged during the show which boosts my confidence.

I was responsible for doing hair and make up for models and presenters on stage, touch ups and assisting models if needed. I also took over shift work at the college's personal stall during the second half of the day to re-apply lipstick to guests and talk about my studies to reel in interest.

Hardest part of the day was to stay energised when you are in one section all day. Being on your feet, early start and minimal breaks can take its toll, but it's where I've learnt to adapt and concentrate my focus until the task is complete.
Pros
Enjoyed the tea party and presentation, got priased by visitors, a letter of commdenation
Cons
Long hours, early start
A fun place to work.
BARTENDER & WAITER (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA21 March 2018
The workers really made this place so enjoyable to come to work at everyday. The work & hours could be difficult at times but, the rewards & experience was worth it.
great comphany to work for
pastry bakery production (Former Employee) –  London Bali australia22 January 2018
worked for the Hyatt hotel for 15 years in a number of pastry bakery positions great training available and always provided career
moves to other outlets
Nice place, fun time.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 January 2018
Interesting work ethic, nice people, and beautiful hotel.
Overall a truly enjoyable experience.

Typically fun and enjoyable people to work around, some outside work activities aswell.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Less flexibility
Good restaurant team
Cook 4 (Former Employee) –  British Columbia18 January 2018
Very good money for very basic work. Executive Chef is a very good at managing people and keeping mostly everyone happy. Sous chef is lacking people skills
Commis Chef- Pastry (Current Employee) –  The Rocks NSW28 December 2017
Good for learning new things and developing skills. doesn't offer much advancement in career. Multicultural colleagues which is good. great benefits and kind co workers.
Great place to learn new skills
Head Barista / Bartender (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 November 2017
usually every day is different due to different customer interactions and i learned bartending skills, management skills and service recovery.
workplace had a fun and friendly vibe and has a great team spirit.
hardest part of the job is sometimes the working hours can get stretched due to busy periods but im used as i believe its a part of hospitality life.
Most enjoyable part of the job being is to make new friends and provide customer satisfaction with my service.
Fun workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Perth WA16 October 2017
Housekeeper versed in executing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. Friendly and effective when working with a wide range of personalities. Honest and hardworking individual with solid work ethics seeking long-term hotel employment.
First Casual job in a Hotel
Food & Beverage Attendant / Porter (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA14 October 2017
Worked in the banqueting department and worked long hours to provide an income and save money. The team was great and focused on looking after the client.
Pros
Provided new skills and experience
Productive workplace supported staff
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Yarralumla ACT3 October 2017
Whilst working at Hyatt, i worked for other companies at the same time. I was 18 and the Management was supportive and understanding of young people trying to find career paths in the world. I was supported whilst i studied having been given the opportunity to work flexible hours.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
split shifts
Fun Workplace
Food and Beverage Attendant (Events) (Current Employee) –  Perth WA12 September 2017
I have been working at Hyatt for the past 3 years in Events and sometimes I work around in other departments of the hotel. I really enjoy working there as it has a positive working environment. Employees are very nice and hardworking, and we generally have a lot of friendly guests coming to the hotel.
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Unpredictable shifts
not sure
Steward (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 August 2017
Not sure on this 1 it was along time age back in the 90s was in Melbourne had to go up there a few days the job was ok just ent in to was dishers the boss was a good bloke the cefs here great I lent some cooking on the way but didn't go in to it due to the travel

53.4K