Hydrogen Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hydrogen Group Employee Reviews

Good....Work culture is better, good work life balance
Better payscale. But highly experienced candidates are given basic job position. Otherwise it is an excellent place to work.
avoid these
Management is terrible, rude and cheaper than a fredo on sale

They pull out more rubbish from their mouths then money from pocket

Rather lose people than money

Good work colleagues

Good environment

Good location

Poor progression

Only bum licks will prosper haha good for you if it applies
Pros
good colleagues and location
Cons
Everything else
Hydrogen stands out amoung other agency recruiters by not fostering the "boiler room" environment. It's still a growing company, so naturally, you'll experience the typical growing pains of a start-up. If you have the patience to wade through constant changes and a noticeable level of uncertainty, you may be able to have a nice little career here.
Pros
Room for major growth, supportive colleagues and management, benefits, leaders genuinely care about you.
Cons
Not too open to remote working, constant changes in processes, your job duties will change regularly, phone system has constant issues.
There are much better agencies to begin your recruitment career. The rate of people leaving is high for a reason and you need to speak to ex-employees first before taking this job.
Extremely competitive, Management is useless, unreasonable expectations, hypocritical in many of their views an ideals as a company, managers show favorites
They provided me a with a very structured program to learn the fundamentals of the recruitment industry.
Pros
Social Environment
Cons
Long Hours
Hydrogen Group is still learning their processes on how to handle their recruiters, where the next deal will be, and management.

A typical day at work would either go well if you are productive and able to meet their goals, if not then you are treated a bit less than desirable.

The compensation for the task is what a recruiter would expect to make and they do focus more on commission.

The reliability on the jobs to recruit for are 50/50 chance as well.

Overall you make good friends and the commission is great but you need to be able to handle a high pressure situation and a management team that doesn't have the experience to manage people.
Pros
Great location, great benefits
Cons
Management would need help
Contract labor worked through Hydrogen Group. I never worked in a Hydrogen office. Very nice people to work with when speaking on the phone though when taking care of work related matters.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
No growth
this company has a group of bullies and very aggressive manager who make you feel as though you have to stay late even after completing your role please steer clear.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
racism
Official response from Hydrogen Group
5 February 2018
Thanks for your review. This is a really serious allegation and not in any way the type of behaviour we promote at Hydrogen.

We have a dedicated HR team and policies & procedures in place to ensure our employees are protected and aware of Hydrogen Group’s zero tolerance stance on the serious allegations you have highlighted below. I’d like to investigate this further so please contact me at iantemple@hydrogengroup.com.

Thanks, Ian Temple, CEO, Hydrogen Group.
Good fast paced role. Often KPI targets dominate managers thinking leading to high levels of stress in the office, but a good team spirit and large open place office allows for this to be coped with just about.
Pros
central London location
Cons
long hours and days if commuting
The working environment is very pleasant at Hydrogen. Hard work is always being recognised and rewarded, and everyone within the company are very knowledgeable and friendly, which really helped me to get a grip on the industry when I first joined. I personally enjoy the focused and fast-paced culture in the office which really motivate me every day. I also love the flexibility that Hydrogen offers and I can always fit my schedule around work life.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Hydrogen is a great place for both senior and junior staff.

With a new flexible working hours policy currently being trialled, it's meant I've been able to fit my work around my life. Allowing me to deal with some issues which may not have been possible in other companies.

Both sales and operation's staff are pleasant; and both know exactly what their roles are at Hydrogen. Management staff are also knowledgeable. Sadly both management and other staff are not always available to speak about issues within the company. Meaning they can take awhile to be resolved.

Overall a fun and friendly place to work though.
Pros
Good people, Good work/life balance, Strong team leaders
Cons
Staff hard to pin down
My day at Hydrogen or any recruitment agency always start with a good coffee and market info. I was always checking current news within my market, later on email box etc. Every day has to be planned and well organised. I am always priorytizing my calls, arranging urgent calls during a day and selecting specific time for BD calls as well. At the end of the day I summarize everything and check the bullet points.
Pros
finishing at 5:30, flexible lunch hours
Cons
start at 7:30