Hype DC Employee Reviews

Not a good company to work for.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 September 2019
The people casual staff are excellent and a lot of fun to work with but management is appalling and the salary is terrible. Store managers are mostly clueless and the WA manager is an absolute airhead.
Pros
Discount on shoes
Cons
Work during peak hours
Fun workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Robina Town Centre QLD11 June 2019
Can't complain getting to work at Hype IF you are lucky enough to get a good manager and area manager!
Can be very biased based on friend groups within management.
Pros
Great discount and family discount
Cons
Bad management
Great team work ethic
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Burwood NSW19 March 2019
A typical day at work is a really organised task orientated day with everyone understanding what the end goal is. Hype Dc taught me how to work under pressure on busy periods especially on festive seasons/ public holidays, being a full timer i got to work most of the time. My strongest quality that Hype Dc Taught me is being able to adapt to a new environment wether i am familiar with it or not. Management i take my hat off to them as we had some of the best managers who had been in the company for a long period of time so it made it a lot easier to learn and be guarded to the best we could be. Hype Dc is a very welcoming place, you could feel the care and priority of the customers from the employees and the employees could feel the priority and care from the head office staff who constantly supported in helping fix what ever it was that needed fixing and always letting employees know that their hard work doesn't go unnoticed. Personally I wouldn't say there was any hard part about the job as everyone knew how to rise up to a challenge and be accountable for their duties. My most enjoyable part about my job where the relationships that formed from just being coworkers to a family that didn't just see each other at work.
Pros
learning something new every day.
Cons
late pays.
Love this work
Casual sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 February 2019
Good place to work, really good team and friendly atmosphere. It’s always a pleasure to serve customers who come in the shop for a gift to themself.

Unfortunately I am looking for more shifts (full time or part time)
Unrealistic
Store Manager - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead Point NSW30 November 2018
Not the best company to work for. The wages are fair and the incentives used to be good. Staff turnover is a revolving door these days. KPI's are necessary evil but they need to be realistic. Contrary to popular opinion you can't sell ice to a eskimo.
productive and very enjoyable
SENIOR CASUAL (Current Employee) –  Penrith NSW31 October 2018
You learn to prioritise your time and make the most of every shift, with the help of the management team. Always having someone there for you to help with every little thing is essential in the learning process and you can always count on other people/crew to help, creating a lovely and enjoyable environment.
The hardest part in the job is to find where you fit in when you first start otherwise there isn't really anything that's "hard". Every part of the job is enjoyable and an all round great job
Pros
discounted shoes, great company all round.
Cons
nil
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC30 July 2018
My employment at HYPE DC was nothing but exciting and fun. The people i got the chance to work with were nothing but amazing. And the tasks given were also engaging and interesting. The most enjoyable part of the job was simply being able to engage with different kinds of people everyday. The hardest part of the job was sometimes experiencing a bad customer who just makes the day the worst. However the other employees all makes it better.
Pros
Fun Times
Relaxed and enjoyable workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Docklands VIC11 February 2018
Working at Hype DC saw me progress from a casual team member to 2IC. The progression enabled solid experience within all aspects of store & employee operations. Whilst maintaining general management duties, I had the responsibility of organising stock for new stores.
Great workplace to gain retail experience and customer service skills.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Penrith NSW5 December 2017
Great company to work for, people are friendly depending where you go. Managing side of company/stores needs to improve - paying more attention to workers needs whilst still being fair to their job role.
Pros
Great discount on shoes from Hype and Platypus
Typical Retail Work
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Chatswood NSW30 September 2017
Typical Retail work, Very number driven company with a heavy emphasis on sales targets and unit per transaction targets.

I Learnt to be patient and to always remain calm in all situations and to think problems through with a level head. The job further allowed me to practice my ability to lead and manage teams and to develop relationships through constant social interactions with customers and co-workers.

Work place culture at hype is fantastic, Individual stores will be like a family and each store cluster would be like a little extended family.

The hardest Part of the job was not being stimulated enough by the work, It lacked direction and meaning.

The Most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to help people and to witness the appreciation on their faces after I serve them. The Team bonding was another highlight of working in the Hype enviroment.
Busy and fun day at work, great team!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Inner Suburbs NSW8 August 2017
- you work with a great and fun team
- teamwork
- high motivation
- daily goals
- high level of training
- great employee discounts
- high self satisfaction
- lots of interaction with customers
- generally a fast paced environment
- stock handling
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
short breaks
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 July 2017
Customer service is the priority of the company.
I have learned a lot about sneakers with this job.
Everyone treated each other like family. Love working in the company.
productive and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  perth australia12 February 2017
Hype DC is a company based in Australia which is mainly known for its trainers and exclusive footwear which made it easy for me when the position became available for me to go into. I really enjoy fashion and to look well presented in footwear and clothing attire so it became easy for me to go there. I enjoyed it and worked for a couple months with a really good bunch of people but became increasingly home sick and felt I needed the change of scenery. So I decided to hand in my resignation and flew back to Manchester within a month.
Pros
amazing
great company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver NT18 January 2017
I actually really enjoyed my time working at hype dc it was a great work environment with a great bunch of people I was able to work with directly and indirectly
A good company but bad management and co-workers.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Australia17 August 2016
A very catty environment and no real opportunities for growth. My coworkers were very rude to me and often I would go home and cry. People were very fake and the team that was already in the store were very close knit and didn't want to be friends with the "new person". My manager often ignored me and undermined me in favour of casual girls who were flirtier than I was, letting them use the computer for personal needs/go out the back to look at their phone/not talk to customers but then always be talking down to me if it even looked like I was doing that eg; checking the company website to look at new stock or changing the song on my phone.
There were several instances of the manager actually yelling at me for minor mistakes in front of customers to the point of leaving the store to cry.
Overall it was a very bad and sexist environment. I was very depressed the whole time I worked there.
Pros
good incentives like holidays for management and commision
Cons
bad vibes and bullying
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW12 August 2016
It was a great experience since i was very and they gave me a chance too learn and grow in the business so i was actually happy and excited because i was still new too the work force
Pros
Free breakfast and discount on products
Cons
too much overtime
Review Hype DC
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miranda NSW4 June 2016
Work was delightful, fun and a great experience. I have learnt valuable customer service skills and interpersonal skills. I have made great friendships and experiences.

However, the hardest part of my job was putting away large amount of stock. The most enjoyable was meeting new friends and engaging with customers.
fun workplace, easy going people
Customer service (Former Employee) –  East Melbourne VIC31 May 2016
selling shoes
more skills when it comes to communicating with customers
management was outgoing, energetic
co-wrokers were fantastic
getting those sales when not busy days
meeting different people was enjoyable
Was a great, family-like experience
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 February 2016
Incredibly friendly co-workers, great bonus' for selling above your shift budget, well organised. Get paid for all of your lunch breaks.
Pros
Good hours, friendly staff
Cons
some customers can be stressful
help customers with shoes, manage the store, have fun an keep the good vibes flowing.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane19 October 2015
the work place was very energetic and everyone was treated with respect. every day had its different challenges, busy at some days and sometimes its a quiet day but there was always something to do such as tiding up or helping customers with the advice or help they require. HYPE DC know how to lay their expectations and know how to get everyone motivated and hyped for work.