Hype DC Employee Review

A good company but bad management and co-workers.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Australia17 August 2016
A very catty environment and no real opportunities for growth. My coworkers were very rude to me and often I would go home and cry. People were very fake and the team that was already in the store were very close knit and didn't want to be friends with the "new person". My manager often ignored me and undermined me in favour of casual girls who were flirtier than I was, letting them use the computer for personal needs/go out the back to look at their phone/not talk to customers but then always be talking down to me if it even looked like I was doing that eg; checking the company website to look at new stock or changing the song on my phone.
There were several instances of the manager actually yelling at me for minor mistakes in front of customers to the point of leaving the store to cry.
Overall it was a very bad and sexist environment. I was very depressed the whole time I worked there.
Pros
good incentives like holidays for management and commision
Cons
bad vibes and bullying

Other Hype DC Employee Reviews

Not a good company to work for.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 September 2019
The people casual staff are excellent and a lot of fun to work with but management is appalling and the salary is terrible. Store managers are mostly clueless and the WA manager is an absolute airhead.
Pros
Discount on shoes
Cons
Work during peak hours
Productive and fun
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW18 July 2019
Formed strong relationships with my work team and regular customers
Taught me how to live life to the fullest, and also be productive simultaneously
Dealing with difficult customers was challenging but rewarding once they were satisfied.