I Need a Chef & I Need Event Staff
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

I Need a Chef & I Need Event Staff Employee Reviews

Australia5 reviews
A good place to work for someone who doesn’t want to do the same thing day in day out. Can be moved around to different establishments which can help with adapting to new tasks/jobs each day.
Pros
Casual hours, new places to work.
Cons
Not knowing what kind of that lies ahead in some places!
Currently, I am working under a casual position. Its been like a month and a half since the last time I got hired and up until now I haven't recieved a proper schedule. Right now I still havent recieve my fiirst paycheck from them because I dont a have a shift eversince. It worries me everytime. I always update my weekly schedule from time to time but idk what went wrong. When they assign shifts its always far away from my location which is very inconvenient and there are no other other options that I could chose from. I have always high hopes from this company and I want to keep working from them but slowly I get to feel discouraged because the lack response and updates that I got from them.
Pros
Polite/Friendly
Cons
no guarantee shift every week/ not very responsive
they give you not so many shifts per week but the ones they give you are long shifts. they usually repeat the places where they work so you don't get lost to find the new places
Pros
good salary
Cons
few shifts
I was able to work efficiently and productively to produce end to end weekly payroll and Accounts Payable and Receivable for a growing and vibrant company.
I have been working at a winery every weekend since I started with the agency.
A typical day would be cleaning and setting up for lunch service. Putting out the wines and checking stock levels, setting tables, polishing glassware and cutlery.

Management takes a back seat for service and I run the restaurant. The staff are great! A few are still in training but going very well.

The experienced staff I have and the chefs are fantastic. We all work hard, work together and have a laugh.

I enjoy the customers and being busy and serving beautiful food. The winery itself is stunning and a very picturesque place to work.

Hardest thing in the day would be the full clean of the venue at the end of the day as we are all pretty tired from busy lunch periods.

I have learned a lot about wine and winery's as well as juggling staff efficiently to do drinks and all table service as we don't have anyone on the till or behind the bar.
Pros
meeting different people and going to all different venues
Cons
needing to adapt very quickly and sometimes travelling a fair distance to a job