Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

IBM Employee Reviews

Australia239 reviews
After 20 years I have seen many changes in IBM and what was once a great company to work for as it has afforded me many benefits in my personal life, has changed so dramatically and working for IBM has become extremely challenging for most people. From an education/skills point of view, you couldn't ask for more, it is excellent for upskilling oneself.
Plenty of learning and exciting projects. Intellectual work culture.
Great people.

Great benefits.

Travel opportunities.

Computer technology pioneer and Global leader.
Pros
Innovative company
Cons
Utilisation
Team work is .essential, with ability to work under pressure and ability to work autonomously critical. Imperative that employees are focused and able to deliver on time and within budget. Job expectations are high with rewards given for good performance.
Strong and diverse work culture, with IBM regularly taking out awards for their focus on diversity. Ability to adapt to change is critical in all aspects of positions available.
Provides a collaborative and competitive environment to work.a lot of career path chalice was available and provide opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills.
The work was fairly fast paced and interesting. We had a great team that did some fantastic work. At the time IBM were only just beginning to come to terms with working from home and other life balancing options.
IBM for me has been a good place to work, though other peoples views will vary hugely based on which part of the business they are in, with many having much more negative experiences. Very sales focused culture & quarterly managed business. Never standing still, the business and people are subject to constant change to meet changing priorities and customer needs. Great people to work with, though a fairly high level of churn with people coming and going.
IBM has a good work-life balance, supports its employees well, and promotes self-development. The senior leadership team is highly motivated and transparent.
Overall my experience - we can learn a lot and grow in IBM
A lot of traveling involved in a short span of time

Multi culture environment. Most of them are very friendly and co-operative
Depends on projects, if you have. If there is project in your role, you are safe. Can learn through internal e learning tool. But less projects to work on
Great company for working parents - the trade off is a lower salary though... nice offices but you also have to work really hard and play the politics game to get ahead at IBM...
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
The environment was one of pandering to the client rather than looking at what the client really needed and guiding them to a better outcome. Sometimes delivery is not the best outcome for the client. Limited Executive support but lots of blame and overzealous coaching rather than examining the real issues.
My experience depended heavily on the line management for the role I was in. With a good manager it was a fair place to work, with other management it was driven by politics with little support for employees.
IBM is big IT company, doing support for big enterprise customers, so the working environment was professional.

While working there, I able to learn and experience a lot with new, innovative technologies and big IT systems
This company was good to work for. I dont believe its appropriate to pass comment on an organizations in a small it industry. The culture was great. Management was great
Overall good experience with IBM
Management is supportive

Good work life balance

The work culture is really good

Enjoyed the work at IBM

Opportunity to learn new technologies
Solid career path; strong management; overseas travel and opportunities; comprehensive training; leadership opportunities; strong engagement with IBM stakeholders and customers
this was 13 years ago - IBM will be a different company, it had great projects and very ordinary projects - the best were some of the best work times I have experienced
Wonderful times at IBM - so sorry to leave. Excellent mix of travel all throughout ASIAPAC and ANZ. Management changed regularly though and this did affect the balance of our team.
Great company for work life balance, good salary, travel opportunities. Not so great for learning and growth. IBM will always remain my personal mecca!
Poor place to work and no life future when you are older. The whole company is a business focused machine but no human touch.

I would not recommend any one To work

Here. Wasting life and time
I spent 7 years with IBM on the NAB account. In 2012 I was award the IBM eminence and excellence award for Project Management. IBM is a world leader in Technology and I gained immerse experience from my time there.