IBM Employee Reviews

Found 189 reviews matching the search See all 25,740 reviews
Flexible working arrangements but terrible management
Research Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia4 June 2019
The workplace has great people and flexible working arrangements are available. However, management is terrible and opportunities for advancement are very limited.
IBM is not for everybody.
Financing Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  St Leonards NSW3 June 2019
A once great company that has been ruined by off-shoring; outsourcing; lay-offs and constant internal restructuring. The number one topic of conversation each week was who was being made redundant that week. A very negative culture. Some of the people are very loyal & great to work with.
Pros
Other employees.
Cons
Negative management culture
Productive and fun workplace
Junior UX/UI Designer (Former Employee) –  Southbank20 May 2019
A typical day at work allowed us to meet a lot of interesting people and work together on some big client projects. I learned UX/UI design and people skills. The workplace culture allowed learning and exploring. The hardest part of the job was keeping everyone happy with the product delivery. The managers, the shareholders and the clients
There is NO Job security, when Program finish your Out.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC15 May 2019
I worked for IBM for 3.5 years,
the first 1.5 as a contract before going permanent with them.
Only 2 years later when the account was closed, the permanents were the first to go.
During this time I received very little training or advice for advancement.
Pros
Workspace is generally good.
Cons
Poor IBM infrastructure, they relie on the client hardware to run.
A very close knit team environment
Data Centre Infrastructure Enablement specialist (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 April 2019
IBM employees at all different levels are very highly motivated to helping and/or mentoring each other.
Plenty of professional development and advancement tools are provided via free online courses. Employees are encouraged to make use of these courses to follow special personal interest topics.
productive workplace
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 April 2019
Its a great place to learn about new emerging technologies.
The management is really good.
The learning portal for internal employees has a variety of courses
Pros
learning new technologies
Cons
long working hours
Fast paced and professional
Compliance Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Newcastle home office25 March 2019
The hardest part of the roles in IBM is ensuring all the key stakeholders have as many of their requirements documented and met via a number of rigorous reporting methodologies.

The most enjoyable part is when you get to see the results of achieving these requirements and milestones.
Professional and great workplace
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  AU10 March 2019
Great experience working in IBM, very professional people.
Well structured organisation with opportunities across the globe in all the skills. Lot of professional development opportunities.
Pros
Global, very professional, wide range of opportunities and skills.
Cons
salaries
Excellent Professionalism
Senior Certified PM (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 March 2019
Excellent top rated company - my dream job. IBM is a true professional company - with lost of diverse activities & broad reach.Your talent is well recognised. Lost to write about...
Pros
Huge scope for challenging activities
Cons
Not much to say
Good Place to work at
Data Centre Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  West Pennant Hills NSW1 March 2019
Worked at IBM over 10 Years ago. IBM has changed since and i believe massive staff reductions

Enjoyed my time at IBM there were plenty of opportunities.
Poor work culture, takes advantage of Australian workforce
Client Rel. Rep (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 February 2019
GPromotes people that treat staff badly, good people are retrenched. Hires people as contractors so they get NO benefits at all and in fact are treated as employees, no independance at all.
Company very unfair.
Pros
work from home
Cons
poor work ethic
Supportive and challenging
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ballarat VIC11 February 2019
Moving to IBM Ballarat a year ago was worth it. There's a good bunch of people working here and lots of opportunity for anyone who wants to make a difference. I like that I am able to just be myself when I come to work and I'm valued for it, it's great to be among people who respect and understand me. I've been fortunate to have supportive management who are helping me achieve my career goals, I've also asked for and been given opportunities to develop my leadership skills. IBM gives you access to so much learning via the intranet, it's astounding how much knowledge is there to be shared and the people you can reach out to for help are pretty supportive. There's also a lot of support from top management to grow the site, so lots of potential for future advancement.

Ballarat itself is a great place to live and work, being a regional location you've got the benefit of a more relaxed lifestyle and friendly country-town feel, yet the facilities of a city with a population of 100,000+. Plus it's not too far for a Melbourne day-trip! Pretty much anywhere you choose to live will only be a 20 minute commute at most (many of my co-workers live 5 minutes walk), and it's great for families as the council puts on all sorts of free activities during the year.
Pros
Great people
Productive challenging and rewarding.
Project Coordinator Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 January 2019
Management very approachable, worked with diverse group of people where knowledge sharing always available. Especially enjoyed working with the client, workload always productive and at times challenging but rewarding. Team lunches were an added bonus.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Minimal Recognition
It was my first corporate job straight out of uni.
Asia Pacific Special Bid Leader (Former Employee) –  Pennant Hills NSW16 January 2019
IBM gave me a lot of opportunities to advance my professional skill set. I had exposure to international projects and manage projects on a global scale with a large budget.
Pros
Form strong bases for career path and gained strong process and systems skills
Cons
Corporate red tape didn't allow fast growth.
Balanced work-life balance
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 January 2019
IBM provides one of the best workplace cultures that I have come across. The management is flexible and lets the employee focus on his core duties. This makes IBM one of the best companies to work for.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA14 December 2018
Lots of mentoring, from experienced professionals around the world and Australia. Able to preform different roles and improve skills. Worked at many different client sites.
Pros
Preform different roles, mentoring
network
Senior Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 December 2018
great team culture, supporting their staff with good training. promoting agile environment, supporting creativity. great staff plans and career road map,
Pros
team building
Cons
Great organization to work with
Technical Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW27 November 2018
Great experience in different roles. Very good work place to advance your career although salaries are relatively low. However heavy investment in training and development of employees. It has good ethics, policies and great flexibility for women employees.
fine
In-House Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 November 2018
Pros

Multinational, better than average people management, generally ethical, flexibility including work from home, wide range of career paths, don't have to excel to stand out in some teams, pay often above market medians
Flexible working Environment
Unisys System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC31 October 2018
. Flexible Working Hour : 7am to 3pm or 10 am to 6 pm
. Working From Home
. Organization changed quite often ( 3 to 6 Months)
. Cross Skill opportunities
Pros
Working Environment
Cons
Low Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

58.7K