IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM

IBM Employee Review

Flexible work hours and skilled teams

Going through changes, i.e.. Moving work offshore. Uncertain future for many. Some skills still in demand locally. I did enjoy working at IBM as there were many skilled people, flexible work hours, and opportunity to move into other roles.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Long hours, weekend work.

Same role

Typical large company

My experience depended heavily on the line management for the role I was in. With a good manager it was a fair place to work, with other management it was driven by politics with little support for employees.
Same role

Great Work Ethic Taught

Long hours but enjoyable teams to work with. I was consistently learning from others. Flexibility was good unless you where dedicated to a client site. Some clients showed little respect for individuals which was a little disappointing however my manager was always proactive

Pros

flexibility

Cons

Same location

Good place to work, though highly dependant on business unit

IBM for me has been a good place to work, though other peoples views will vary hugely based on which part of the business they are in, with many having much more negative experiences. Very sales focused culture & quarterly managed business. Never standing still, the business and people are subject to constant change to meet changing priorities and customer needs. Great people to work with, though a fairly high level of churn with people coming and going.
  • IBM
  • Flexible work hours and skilled teams