IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM

IBM Employee Review

great company to work with

Great company to work with,provides work-life balance and employees review is given atmost importance.We had challeges when requirements get changed at last moment but with support with team members we were able to deliver projects on time.

Pros

work-life balance

Cons

to work from home after office hours

Same role

Was great to work for but the culture has changed

The IBM culture has changed significantly since the change in CEO a number of years ago. Employees are considered recourses that are expendable and can be replaced with cheap labor from overseas market through 3rd party outsourcing. In saying that, in the time that I did work there, I was fortunate enough to work with many great people who dedicated 100% of their to to IBM and went over and above to contribute to it's success. Unfortunately these guys are all retiring and the culture is changing rapidly.

Pros

The people that worked their for many years to make it a success

Cons

The new culture that is trying to transform the company by dismntling what it used to be.
Same location

A typical day is busy. Organize it the way needed to be. Everyone very helpful, work as professionals minding yours on business. Very competitive and decent culture.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Fixed term employment
Same location

Remuneration is commensurate with expectations/workload

After 20 years I have seen many changes in IBM and what was once a great company to work for as it has afforded me many benefits in my personal life, has changed so dramatically and working for IBM has become extremely challenging for most people. From an education/skills point of view, you couldn't ask for more, it is excellent for upskilling oneself.
  • IBM
  • great company to work with