IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM

IBM Employee Review

Great Worklife Balance

IBM has changed drastically over the years. It changed from a place you wanted to be, to a place you would rather not be. Morale is poor, watching person after person being retrenched, knowing it was only a matter of time before your number was up, did not help.

Pros

Wfh

Cons

Long Hours, Terrible Executive

Same role

At IBM , I had work life balance. I was given required training and managers were supportive. I enjoyed the team work at IBM. I got exposure to client sites and client interactions. This provided me to learn about the expectation of client which was fed back to IBM. The company provided all required support to up skill my knowledge.
Same role

Ibm

* Difficult to get promoted * Hard work is not noticed * Management has lost touch with employees * Only benefit - work from home flexibility

Pros

Work from Home

Cons

A lot
Same location

Good place to work, though highly dependant on business unit

IBM for me has been a good place to work, though other peoples views will vary hugely based on which part of the business they are in, with many having much more negative experiences. Very sales focused culture & quarterly managed business. Never standing still, the business and people are subject to constant change to meet changing priorities and customer needs. Great people to work with, though a fairly high level of churn with people coming and going.
  • IBM