IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM

IBM Employee Review

IBM is not for everybody.

A once great company that has been ruined by off-shoring; outsourcing; lay-offs and constant internal restructuring. The number one topic of conversation each week was who was being made redundant that week. A very negative culture. Some of the people are very loyal & great to work with.

Pros

Other employees.

Cons

Negative management culture

Same location

Great organisation to work for.

Great focus on supporting staff to develop & build skills to allow them to grow their career and support Clients to achieve desired business outcomes.
Same location

IBM Australia

Working hours were 7am - 5pm I learned e-commerce skills, SAP skills, SQL skills, documentation, training, meeting skills and project management My management were friendly but mainly in the US so I kept up with them via weekly meetings. My co-workers were in India, Malaysia, China, Europe, the US and Australia. They were a diverse group of people whom I enjoyed working with. The hardest part of my job was analysing customer problems regarding the implementation of new software products. Although challenging, this was also rewarding. The most enjoyable part of my job was the sense of satisfaction I gained from mastering new software tools and training others on their use.

Pros

Sometimes work from home

Cons

Long hours and night time meetings

Turning around

Some interesting growth areas e.g AI. However, in general still struggling to find the right direction. Constant restructuring cause top talent loss and talent underutilisation. Too much focus on cost cutting result in short-sighted decisions in many cases.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Constant restructuring
  • IBM
  • IBM is not for everybody.