IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM

IBM Employee Review

Just a cog on a huge gear

iBM was the worst company I ever worked for in my IT career.They're no raises or bonuses despite that the CEO is one of the highest paid CEOs in the world. The teams I worked on or with are severely understaffed. Upper management does not care about their employees and seem to have no real idea whats going on with the company. I spent 90% of my time with meetings and change approvals and only 5% of my time doing actual work. I had no real support and felt like I was thrown to the wolves. The tools and products were sub-par.Worst of all they do layoffs and forced furloughs every quarter.

Pros

IBM looks good on a resume.

Cons

Everything else

Same role

Fun place to work

Learned a lot, exposed to many different areas. The experience I gained at IBM positioned me well for my current role. "As many would say, you work with a lot of smart people but you also work with some bad apples who should not be there"
Same role

Good working and Environment friendly.

It was a pleasure working with my Peers at IBM, they are friendly and full of life. They are ready to work and be of service to client and co-workers.

Pros

Happy Environmemt

Cons

Early Start.

Turning around

Some interesting growth areas e.g AI. However, in general still struggling to find the right direction. Constant restructuring cause top talent loss and talent underutilisation. Too much focus on cost cutting result in short-sighted decisions in many cases.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Constant restructuring
  • IBM
  • Just a cog on a huge gear