IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
IBM Employee Review

Management Change killed the atomsphere

23 October 2018
Once management changed, things got too stressful. My former shift lead was promoted to manager but he definitely was not fit to be a manager. He was put there because he had been there the longest when the other manager quit. A good 6, from a 15 person team, eventually found other jobs because the new manager liked to micromanage and was incompetent. That is ultimately the main reason I also found another job simply because I couldn't deal with the constant micromanaging even though I was there for 3 years and knew how to do my job well. If it wasn't for the new manager, I wouldv'e never left.
Pros
Snack, benefits, co-workers
Cons
Management, unpaid lunch, high turnover
9 February 2021
Manager (Former Employee) - Australia
Some interesting growth areas e.g AI. However, in general still struggling to find the right direction. Constant restructuring cause top talent loss and talent underutilisation. Too much focus on cost cutting result in short-sighted decisions in many cases.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Constant restructuring
1 February 2021
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist / Financial Analyst (Former Employee) - Melbourne VIC
A typical day is busy. Organize it the way needed to be. Everyone very helpful, work as professionals minding yours on business. Very competitive and decent culture.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Fixed term employment
5 November 2020
SME (Former Employee) - Perth WA
Lots of layers of management and comparative culture to get good jobs, lots of inexperienced employees. Too many people involved in simple decisions. Rely on their size and reputationbl rather results.
Pros
Great offices
Cons
Management is poor
  1. Management Change killed the atomsphere