IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM

IBM Employee Review

Multiple opportunities for Career Advancement

During my time at IBM Australia I have been successful in moving into new and challenging roles. I am passionate in delivery a quality outcome to my Clients.

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Many conflicting challenges

Same role

Typical large company

My experience depended heavily on the line management for the role I was in. With a good manager it was a fair place to work, with other management it was driven by politics with little support for employees.
Same role

Great Work Ethic Taught

Long hours but enjoyable teams to work with. I was consistently learning from others. Flexibility was good unless you where dedicated to a client site. Some clients showed little respect for individuals which was a little disappointing however my manager was always proactive

Pros

flexibility

Cons

Same location

Good place to work, though highly dependant on business unit

IBM for me has been a good place to work, though other peoples views will vary hugely based on which part of the business they are in, with many having much more negative experiences. Very sales focused culture & quarterly managed business. Never standing still, the business and people are subject to constant change to meet changing priorities and customer needs. Great people to work with, though a fairly high level of churn with people coming and going.
  • IBM