IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM

IBM Employee Review

Working at IBM

A typical day at work starts with reading emails to learn status. After that, the day is planned for work, meetings and keeping some buffer time to take into account unplanned meetings/managing unknown risks. Every day it is a learning experience with new learnings to be picked and/or existing learnings improved upon. New learnings are the most enjoyable and challenging part of my job. The toughest part of the job is attending meetings where I am merely listening :-)

Pros

Work Culture and work-life balance

Cons

Poor pay and chances of improvement

Same role

An enjoyable 7 years

I spent 7 years with IBM on the NAB account. In 2012 I was award the IBM eminence and excellence award for Project Management. IBM is a world leader in Technology and I gained immerse experience from my time there.
Same role

There is NO Job security, when Program finish your Out.

I worked for IBM for 3.5 years, the first 1.5 as a contract before going permanent with them. Only 2 years later when the account was closed, the permanents were the first to go. During this time I received very little training or advice for advancement.

Pros

Workspace is generally good.

Cons

Poor IBM infrastructure, they relie on the client hardware to run.
Same location

Typical big corporate organization.

Lots of layers of management and comparative culture to get good jobs, lots of inexperienced employees. Too many people involved in simple decisions. Rely on their size and reputationbl rather results.

Pros

Great offices

Cons

Management is poor
  • IBM