IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM

IBM Employee Review

You do valuable work for the clients

You do valuable work for the clientsHowever that being said that may or may not be of value to IBMWhile they say that the clients satisfaction is priority that is not always what is meantOften the work preformed may be classified as out of scope or part of scope creep, even though it has always been preformed in the pastSort of a nickel and dimeing way to get more money from a client, now this is not always the case, but it did happen on several account I worked in and saw personally Over all I enjoyed my job at IBM and would recommend it, but I would say it is NOT the IBM of the past, say pre 1990 where IBM was one of the top companies to work for

Pros

Great resources and compensation

Cons

Top management and businesses plans are not always aligned with what the company currently does

Same role

Fun place to work

Learned a lot, exposed to many different areas. The experience I gained at IBM positioned me well for my current role. "As many would say, you work with a lot of smart people but you also work with some bad apples who should not be there"
Same role

Good working and Environment friendly.

It was a pleasure working with my Peers at IBM, they are friendly and full of life. They are ready to work and be of service to client and co-workers.

Pros

Happy Environmemt

Cons

Early Start.

Turning around

Some interesting growth areas e.g AI. However, in general still struggling to find the right direction. Constant restructuring cause top talent loss and talent underutilisation. Too much focus on cost cutting result in short-sighted decisions in many cases.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Constant restructuring
  • IBM
  • You do valuable work for the clients