IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews

Showing all 30,693 reviews
Some interesting growth areas e.g AI. However, in general still struggling to find the right direction. Constant restructuring cause top talent loss and talent underutilisation. Too much focus on cost cutting result in short-sighted decisions in many cases.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Constant restructuring
Good source of diverse opportunities for technical staff and would recommend IBM to any candidate. IBM is a great company to work for and has afforded me many opportunities to grow my career both internally and externally.
Advancement is hard to manage and navigate. Promotion growth is slow. No Work Life balance so constantly up at terrible hours or staying up late to meet project deadlines.
Pros
Benefits - work from home, commitment to giving back, paid parental leave, financial advsors access, 401K, Hsa
Cons
No work life balance, hard for upward mobility, not clear cut path for progression
Empresa dedicada a procesos y de cumplimiento, involucramiento ante cliente y servicios de entrega eficaces. Excelente en cursos de aprendizaje y de mejora de habilidades.
Pros
SGMM, plan de ahorro, planes personales, plan de pension, etc.
Cons
Evaluaciones no estan bien definadas, aun cuando se superen objetivos.
Love having good work and people who enjoy communicating at there bet level to get the job done. Great communication is the key to everything at that I say humbly
Salário é baixo na área administrativa e a chance de promoção também, no entanto, entregando bons resultados e conseguindo um “patrocinador” a subida na carreira é facilitada.Salário da área técnica é bom, rotatividade entre projetos é bem-vinda.Benefícios são muito bons, vale alimentação/refeição, descontos de até 85% em medicamentos na farmácia e convênio médico excelente.Foi o pacote de benefícios que me permitiu aceitar a vaga, já que amortizava meu custo fixo e mesmo com baixo salário pude trabalhar.
Pros
Multinacional, cuida bem do funcionário.
Cons
Adota posicionamentos de inclusão que segregam ao invés de unificar.
Constant Uncertainty at work. Pay is very low. No bonus structure. Opportunities to take training through IBM learning portal or outside websites.
I loved working for IBM but always lived on the edge wondering if I would have a job the next day. They have so many lay offs. Other then that I enjoyed the company
Work pressure, learnt to work fast, management; good. Work culture; good. The hardest part is work pressure on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is weekends and outings.
Pros
Team work and team outings
Cons
Six day's working in domestic process and no fixed saturday / sunday off's
Working with IBM is challenging, Casual and informative. I've learned a lot of new trend in information technology. Updates about the company are being done regularly. Jobs are well defined. People are good companies and very accommodating. I can't ask for anything else. I just have a problem with my night shift schedule i.e., got a hard time getting sleep in the day time. It's a matter of getting use to it anyway. Hoping that other companies in the Philippines would follow IBM. It's really fun working with IBM.
Pros
Daily updates of IT information
Cons
Night shift
It is a fast pacing working environment. We have to assemble the computer parts into server in fast and precise manner. After assemble, we send its for testing before went to next step.
Good place to work as long as the division or product line you support remains in their strategic plan. They are in transition right now and that can lead to uncertainty.
Lay offs are done for corp profit, not for the interests of the client's needs or as a stop loss.Decision making in layoffs for some managers include how long the friendships have been, even if they predate acquisitions.I am sure its fairly the same across most big corporations, but the layoffs help many Gordon Gekkos climb / survive the ranks.
Pros
There are resources to get good compensation/ fringe benefits
Cons
The most ethical people leave after they see how the sausage is made
I was transferred to an office closer to my home but far from what I said I wanted to do when hired. I applied for international clients but was transferred to work with small, domestic companies.
It would have been one of the best company to work for, especially in terms of interpersonal relationships, benefits, learning opportunities and growth but everything has gone for a toss since the company has become way too much manager centric over the last one decade. Now, it has become a temple of bureaucracy and lobbying where there is one and only one God you need to completely submit yourself to, your manager!!
Pros
Benefits, Learning, Time off
Cons
Manager oriented company
Great company to work for. The company has Great management style . Great benefits. Great learning opportunities. Great career advancement opportunities ..
Great benefits, work/life balance, and opportunity to work with different departments and vendors. Good place to be introverted without being ostracized for it. Only down side is the lack of room for advancement within the same account. If you don't mind moving around and on-call work you'll enjoy yourself and learn alot.
Best place I've ever worked with awesome benefits and engaging coworkers. Thank you IBM, I'm going to miss you when I leave later this month. Keep it real.
Pros
Benefits, great coworkers
Cons
Not a leader
They pay contractors way way less then their regular fulltime workers even though you are doing the same work. They give you only a couple of days vacation. While the real fulltimers get weeks of vacation contractors only get a few days. You are on call 24/7. They dont train you properly then get angry at you for not knowing. If they don't like you they will railroad you into failure and try to make it seem your fault. Management is a joke constantly changing. Your job is constantly at risk even for full-timers. If work becomes slow they will fire someone or ask them to resign. Then when it picks up they will rush to move around existing employees and then hire someone else in that position. Beware if you are making good money 25+ and hour now. Please avoid them as they will cut your pay and will not negotiate your pay.Business practices . They hire contractors and then replace them with fulltime workers all the while atringing you along like they are going to keep you on board
Pros
Not having to interact with supervisor or coworkers on daily basis.
Cons
Shady under everything.
Working in IBM is a very productive place with Ideology leadership team which enhance an individual career platform from scratch to sky , also working with such a leaders boost our career.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Na
good culture, flexible working and I was always encouraged at work. My seniors always guided me in the right path.Good work life balance, New ideas are always welcomed
  1. Employee Reviews