IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews for Systems Administrator

Systems Administrator367 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 367 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,824 reviews

Fun place to work

Learned a lot, exposed to many different areas. The experience I gained at IBM positioned me well for my current role. "As many would say, you work with a lot of smart people but you also work with some bad apples who should not be there"

Ample opportunity to learn and practice the Network port troubleshooting skill

As this is a hospital environment, there are ample opportunity ahead to sharpen the port troubleshooting knowledge and experience. Learnt several troubleshooting method depending on the types of error. Mostly through trial and error process. At times, may need to communicate with client to further understand their requirement to resolve this issues. Take on added assignment given by the senior Engineer.

Pros

Ample learning opportunity

Cons

Na

Nice environment for an employer to work with this company

Nice environment for an employer to work with this company. Good Nature Management. Good supporting team members. A good place to learn new things.

Productive and very professional

Productive and very productive and the staff were very helpful and professional especially the project leader. people that were cross trained helped you w/o any fuss.

IBM is lost

IBM started turning downhill since 2008. I've been managed poorly and finally left the company in 2016. The culture is toxic, technical staff are treated poorly, even beyond the point of being illegal.

Ibm is the place where we can learn and achieve more

It's a good company and it's good organization which has given first opportunity as aix and linux admin. It's the place where we can learn and achieve more. It's team is cooperative in facing issues for trouble shooting. Micro plans we'll prepare and follow in a keen manner to reach client requirements.

poor management

long working hours,poor management not fun. too much work. no over time. no work life balance. need proper management. need improvement. must take care of the ground engineer

A good place to work good work-life balance the opportunity to grow within the organization is more for experienced Outstanding Senior Leadership, particularly in the Enterprise space.

Productive and amiable behaviour of team in IBM

All the team member fully support to me during the work . I learned lot of things in IBM , I got to understand SLA for productivity , as per requirement in production we did our best.

No comment

The company makes sure that employees are comfortable on their work place. Trainings are provided for quality of work. Supervisors are helpful in every work related challenges. Pantry and other amenities are provided.

Jobs at IBM

Systems Administrator positions
See more jobs

IBM doesn't care about the GTS division

The GTS division is basically the red headed step child of IBM. C-level doesn't see it as a money maker and treats it as such. Benefits keep declining, numerous people that have been there for years have never seen raises. Performance bonuses taken away. Middle management changes mean "reorganization" which is a funny way of playing a shell game with employees and first level managers and if you get left out, you get an unexpected pink slip. No motivation to innovate, even though they beg you to...why should I put effort into making things better when some middle manager is going to steal the idea and champion it as their own...and then potentially get rid of valuable colleagues? You get beaten down by clients and management and the days just drag on.

Great to work had company vehicle

Very happy, took over 1200 hours of just class room training as well countless training on demand (TOD). Typical work day was to resolve critical issues work one on one with Devops.

Not good to continue

Not good and no security for the job.. No good learning and trainings provided Needs to have good training facilities and also should be liberate for work environment

Productive and fun place to work

It has a brilliant environment to learn new things. I have worked on multiple projects and gained skills like AWS, Linux and VMWARE. Flexible working hours is a plus.

Very Good

Very good work place to work. Management is good. Co workers and managers are friendly. Very good environment to learn and grow. Not satisfied with salary.

Very enjoyable environment

Great place to work. Good manager. Great deal of autonomy as well as open to new ideas that I put forward. My team was especially agreeable. A mixture of nationalities all with thier own personalities and skills.

Competitive

Company is competitive, good training and great opportunity to growth on Cloud services. Management is great, low management environment and great salary.

Pros

Cons

Career change frequently

Productive place to work that offers skill advancement

IBM has invested heavily in their employee skills and education. You are required to take 40 or more hours of education every year. They offer online learning courses. Thinking of better ways to solve problems is highly prized at IBM.

Nice place to work

Good Environment with high flexible work timing. Employ friendly Good Technology. Lots of option to grow you carrier. IBM is the seed of all technologies.

It is a nice workplace

Concerning the workplace an conditions-- IBM is a fun and quiet working environment. They take good care of their employees. And give opportunities to grow.

Fun place to work, not a great experience as a contractor

I joined IBM as a contractor for Security System Administrator, it is a fun and great place work, though most of the social events are for direct employees only. We were told that we would have the direct job from IBM at 7 months after, that never happened, seems they like to use contractors as a temporary cheap resource.

Pros

Environment, Fun place, great equipment

Cons

Bad treatment to contractor employees
  • IBM