IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews for Systems Administrator

Systems Administrator367 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 367 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,824 reviews

Fun place to work

Learned a lot, exposed to many different areas. The experience I gained at IBM positioned me well for my current role. "As many would say, you work with a lot of smart people but you also work with some bad apples who should not be there"

Good company to work with

It was very great to work with IBM, I got an opportunity to learn and grow. I was exposed to many technologies that helped me to have an in-depth understanding of the process.

no hike .lot of politics

IBM has minimum hike no promotion given to deserving em[loyees, only given to favs of management. you can work from home though. so its flexible in that way

Pros

work from home

Cons

CTC poor

Linux experience

Creating and implimenting the changes and working on Customer requests, Patching servers, Incident Management and change Management. Working on customer Emails on high priority issues for Linux/Unix servers.

Very Stressful work environment

The work itself was very rewarding. I was able to grow my skills into other areas of Technology where I may not have had those opportunities elsewhere.

Good Place to learn

Not the best place to work at any longer. IBM started to off shore their support even when they knew that the knowledge level of the off shore teams were not even near the level of knowledge with the US Help desk to just save money.

Remote work Opportunities

Great work environment, Great teammates Great Compensation and Benefits. You get your hands in a lot of technology and lots of learning opportunities

Pros

Great work environment, Great teammates

Cons

no job stablity\ always the fear of being laid off, Managers are by the bookers and Senior Management only cares about revenue

IBM is good place to work

IBM is good place to work, Nice work environment and correct place to cope up your technical and professional skills. Here all the process through manager.

Great Place to gain experience in IT

- Responding to work order tickets from IBM's clients - I Learned IBM's AIX operating system - Management team were very flexible, the allow me to work from home to facilitate work and home life balance - Hardest part was when I was scheduled for on call but could not find a support person to help me

Productive Work Place

IBM is the book of multi technologies. It is the only company where we can feel Work is worship. Management is very friendly with employee. We can learn any technology at deeper levels.

Pros

Best Company to learn

Cons

No cons

Jobs at IBM

Systems Administrator positions
See more jobs

Fun workplace good work culture

It was good working in IBM , its a process based company, and it has a good working process for its employees.Also it has a active Human Resource team and the management it is good too.

Pros

encourage fitness through sports

Cons

overtimes

Pros and Cons

It appears the Bentonville location was missed when corporate remodeled their other offices. The work environment needs updating - crowded, dark and a 4 chair brake room. Our desks are small and we have old furnishings. If you overlook the surroundings, the people I work with are very good at what they do and willing to assist or teach you new things. Also, the international client we support keeps us busy and challenged. Management is flexible when you have family matters to tend to. Benefits and hours could use some improvement! I feel like they are behind the times when it comes to work from home opportunities and flexible work schedules that other companies have implemented. Four day-ten hour work weeks would aid in work life balance. Benefits could be provided at a cheaper rate and pay is not consistent among the staff.

Pros

Immediate management and team members are great

Cons

Low pay, expensive benefits, no flex hours and no remote work

Was able to work from home

Provided all equipment to productively do your job.Had regularly scheduled meetings to keep everyone updated and active in the company.Great benefits

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Its a good environment to work,

Its a Good and standard MNC company, All are following in policy manners. We can learn new things in updating environment. We can enhance our knowledge in this organisation.

Good pay/benefits - Bad Job Security and Corporate culture

Overall my experience in my position and with my team and management has been very positive. Pay and benefits have been what I wanted, feedback and training are great. Work environment is stimulating and challenging. Unfortunately, you never know when IBM will layoff a large number of employees. "Resource actions" are very common and not at all based on individual performance or department needs. Off-shoring a large percentage of positions and the practice of cutting loose "aging" or "older" employees leaves a bad taste in my mouth. As far as the company as a whole - you are just a serial number that costs $XYZ.

Pros

Pay, benefits, Management, training

Cons

Corporate Culture, Job security (regular layoffs)

I was a contractor

I was a contractor, I was assigned to work the a specific account. I enjoyed my work. I took advantage of every opportunity to train and learn something new, and shared my experience and knowledge with others. Unfortunately to no fault of the workers, the account contract was lost to a lower bidder.

Cheap Company

All they care about is cutting costs and cutting people loose that have given their lifetime. Within a month time I started they are already losing their clients to be outsourced to another country

Pros

Big Company

Cons

Cheap

Nice place to work

I was a contractor, amazing people, enjoyed working there. Management was OK, no pressure during the work period, clean office. Got very good experience while working there

Good Workplace

IBM is a good place to work. The benefits of working are comparable, and the knowledge of the workers at IBM is exceptional. I would recommend IBM to any IT professionals.

Very good experience in IBM

Very good experience in IBM, Good platform for learning people. But work pressure will be there difficult to manage family as well as job. No job security in IBM . My experience is Average 3/5

Horrible!

The Cleveland Clinic outsourced part of their IT to IBM, and it been a disaster from the beginning. IBM did not have a very good plan to take over internal responsibilities and rushed to get things in place. The culture was extremely toxic from management down to end users. They do not compensate well for the amount of work, and responsibility they give you. They are now cutting jobs after the first year of taking over. I cannot provide one reason for why someone would take a position here. They have led employees on for entire time they have had control.

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Cons

Too many
  • IBM