IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews

Showing all 30,773 reviews
Some interesting growth areas e.g AI. However, in general still struggling to find the right direction. Constant restructuring cause top talent loss and talent underutilisation. Too much focus on cost cutting result in short-sighted decisions in many cases.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Constant restructuring
Ok place to work. Can get stagnated. Tech focus. Finance gets second priority. Needs more employee engagement at senior levels. Needs to be more merit based growth.
Pros
Tech learning
Cons
Structure confusing, increments low
Intense workdaySenior level participationSet Objectives with specificityRegular control and review of Project status by team and managersExposure to Senior mnagement was excellent
Pros
Professional to a fault
Cons
Termination with no notice in the bad business year
IBM is reinventing itself. Spinning off Kyndryl, and reshaping many of the IBM organizations. It has been a great company to work for the past 25+ years.
Would love to be associated .I want to rejoin IBM if I find myself a chance.Work life balance. I could give it my 100% by working even during after hours at the convenience of being at home.
Pros
National holidays.
Cons
Pay scale
Incredible management and support staff. Gives free range for tackling issues (within certain guidelines). The reference and knowledge base available is amazing!
Pros
Lots of tech
Cons
Les avantages de travailler a IBM est l'opportunité a passer des certifications internationales.
Pros
Passer ces certifications
Cons
Salaire très faible
En general es una agradable compañía que dispone de muchos cursos para aprender y crecer. Buen pago y ambiente laboral agradable. Como practicante no me fue posible ascender a ningún trabajo profesional.
Supplemental ie. Fixed term employees are treated differently compared to regular employees. No benefits, no hikes, no job security. If manager forgets to approve time sheets, you are not paid on time. There are no vacation days.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no hike
Good company to work with.Hikes are a bit less.Good learning resources.Less flexibility to choose projects.Many support projects.WFH option is there, even before COVID.
I have worked for 22 years at IBM its the best place in different Jobs and department As400 Batch operationsData Center Support AS400 Technical support
IBM is a good place to work if you knew the technology and is a relaxed place where you find ample work/life balance, with WFH but salary wise not. Good Place to work, Professional people you will get good support, morality and honest among the folk that work here is great, brand value is highest in IBM. Ample resources to learn online at IBM and if you use it wisely you will go places. But Salary wise and promotion, nothing much can be said. Promotion is very tough to get and it might take yrs sometime. Salary bonus variable per yr is not given, only profit sharing is given and promotion you have to wait for long time. Best is to learn for 3 years that IT trade at IBM and jump ship to grow career, position and salary wise.
Pros
Relaxed work, Wfh, supportive team, learning material many, technical growth exponential as there are lot of resources.
Cons
Salary is very less below Market, no bonus or increment, if also in the range of 2-5% and no promotions, the biggest dampener, if you want to grow in career, IBM is the best place to learn as they have lot of online resources and tools to learn, but once you have learned adequately say for 3 yrs, then leave to grow in career both position wise and monetarily. S
Good company for experienced person, for freshers you can't learn much here, politics are there, good support from colleagues. We can manage both work and personal life.
I truly enjoyed every moment at IBM, work culture is great, all my seniors are truly professional . and down to earth . I learnt and gained knowledge
Pros
Good beverages
Cons
No comments
Excelente ambiente laboral y profesional, así como los valores y el trabajo honesto son pilares.
Pros
Desarrollo profesional
Cons
No hay mucha empatía
I got the job on the back of my Unix systems admin experience. 22 years ago, So I imagine things have changed somewhat. I was interviewed by my direct line manager, no technical questions.Fantastic place to work, opportunity to do more technical courses than you thought humanly possible
Pros
Excellent Cafeteria
Cons
Personally I was sometimes out of my depth
Perfect place to grow & enjoy the work you do. Very nice environment, a lot of opportunities, happy with the company culture. It was one of the best work places I have had.
they pay you well and thats something that somebody who really likes money or anything regarding to money something to be happy about. money is important
As a candidate that walked in the company with no kind of background in Procurement it is a grate position to be in, but also needed proper training to arm me for the future ahead in the company, the culture of the company was a bit to stiff coming from a more friendlier enviroment .The hard part for me was to learn everything that was so confidential (contract and dealing with different commodities)The more enjoyable part was when i had a task from my boss to do, and managed to do with no help, also submitting my work in time.
I was very excited to work at IBM, unitl I started and I wasn't given actual work for about 8.5 months. Usually the initial training (aka doing nothing) is about 3 months, but my own experience was a bit longer than normal due to poor hiring decisions - hiring too many employees for a single new client that ended up terminating the contract.I would go weeks without talking to my direct manager, even though he sat two desks over from myself. Although I do not blame him, he was new to the role when I started and I don't think it was in his job description to be constantly checking on me. He was a very nice guy otherwise.The starting salary and benefits are great for young adults starting their career. IBM is a great place to grow your skills. There is room for advancement but it is a very long term commitement, upwards of a decade for a management role.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Poor Intial Training Process
I enjoyed my experience at IBM. Management was helpful and supportive. Pay was fair. Benefits was were great. Coworkers were friendly and productive.
Pros
Great people and training
  1. Employee Reviews