IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews

Showing all 30,773 reviews
Some interesting growth areas e.g AI. However, in general still struggling to find the right direction. Constant restructuring cause top talent loss and talent underutilisation. Too much focus on cost cutting result in short-sighted decisions in many cases.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Constant restructuring
Good work life balance. A lot of free learning material available if you want to learn a new technology or switch your career path. But very little scope for growth.
Pros
work life balance
Management are not qualified to be on their roles. You work until your drop, Management were bullying employees and always threatening to lose jobs if you don't agree with their crazy ways of doing things
Pros
Cons
No work life balance, always laying off and never know when you will lose your job.
IBM used to be a place to be proud of where you worked. Now, it is all about cost savings and not about the customer or employees. Not a place I would recommend for job seekers. There are better companies with better compensation elsewhere.
It's is outstanding company to work for I was an IBM baby and continued my late mother's journey to represent IBM with dignity and grace. To be employed by IBM is just not a job it is a privilege of family honesty friendship values and most of all the empowerment of knowing the excitement of what might be announced next by our Scientist. I was found by Mathematicians before I even knew I had a gift not knowing the brilliance of our didn't only exist with math the watched me start typing at 8 words a minute and succeed to 70 as I went on to train myself in graphic presentations I soon with no questions was a have to hire up.
I had quite a number of chances to excel during my twenty years with IBM. As with all large companies, there are times where you just have to shake your head then press on because you are not set up for success. There are other times when you get to work across all functional lines of the company and mobilize the total capability of the company to produce a unique solution for your clients -- and that's an awesome experience!!
Pros
Being treated like a person
Cons
Direction that doesn't make sense as well as quotas that are impossible to attain
A place to work many new courses basing on our intrest which helps in career in the long run We can do many certifications .A very good place for the women to work
Pros
Flexible to work
Cons
At times work pressure
Good source of diverse opportunities for technical staff and would recommend IBM to any candidate. IBM is a great company to work for and has afforded me many opportunities to grow my career both internally and externally.
Advancement is hard to manage and navigate. Promotion growth is slow. No Work Life balance so constantly up at terrible hours or staying up late to meet project deadlines.
Pros
Benefits - work from home, commitment to giving back, paid parental leave, financial advsors access, 401K, Hsa
Cons
No work life balance, hard for upward mobility, not clear cut path for progression
Empresa dedicada a procesos y de cumplimiento, involucramiento ante cliente y servicios de entrega eficaces. Excelente en cursos de aprendizaje y de mejora de habilidades.
Pros
SGMM, plan de ahorro, planes personales, plan de pension, etc.
Cons
Evaluaciones no estan bien definadas, aun cuando se superen objetivos.
Love having good work and people who enjoy communicating at there bet level to get the job done. Great communication is the key to everything at that I say humbly
Salário é baixo na área administrativa e a chance de promoção também, no entanto, entregando bons resultados e conseguindo um “patrocinador” a subida na carreira é facilitada.Salário da área técnica é bom, rotatividade entre projetos é bem-vinda.Benefícios são muito bons, vale alimentação/refeição, descontos de até 85% em medicamentos na farmácia e convênio médico excelente.Foi o pacote de benefícios que me permitiu aceitar a vaga, já que amortizava meu custo fixo e mesmo com baixo salário pude trabalhar.
Pros
Multinacional, cuida bem do funcionário.
Cons
Adota posicionamentos de inclusão que segregam ao invés de unificar.
Constant Uncertainty at work. Pay is very low. No bonus structure. Opportunities to take training through IBM learning portal or outside websites.
I loved working for IBM but always lived on the edge wondering if I would have a job the next day. They have so many lay offs. Other then that I enjoyed the company
Work pressure, learnt to work fast, management; good. Work culture; good. The hardest part is work pressure on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is weekends and outings.
Pros
Team work and team outings
Cons
Six day's working in domestic process and no fixed saturday / sunday off's
Working with IBM is challenging, Casual and informative. I've learned a lot of new trend in information technology. Updates about the company are being done regularly. Jobs are well defined. People are good companies and very accommodating. I can't ask for anything else. I just have a problem with my night shift schedule i.e., got a hard time getting sleep in the day time. It's a matter of getting use to it anyway. Hoping that other companies in the Philippines would follow IBM. It's really fun working with IBM.
Pros
Daily updates of IT information
Cons
Night shift
It is a fast pacing working environment. We have to assemble the computer parts into server in fast and precise manner. After assemble, we send its for testing before went to next step.
Good place to work as long as the division or product line you support remains in their strategic plan. They are in transition right now and that can lead to uncertainty.
Lay offs are done for corp profit, not for the interests of the client's needs or as a stop loss.Decision making in layoffs for some managers include how long the friendships have been, even if they predate acquisitions.I am sure its fairly the same across most big corporations, but the layoffs help many Gordon Gekkos climb / survive the ranks.
Pros
There are resources to get good compensation/ fringe benefits
Cons
The most ethical people leave after they see how the sausage is made
I was transferred to an office closer to my home but far from what I said I wanted to do when hired. I applied for international clients but was transferred to work with small, domestic companies.
It would have been one of the best company to work for, especially in terms of interpersonal relationships, benefits, learning opportunities and growth but everything has gone for a toss since the company has become way too much manager centric over the last one decade. Now, it has become a temple of bureaucracy and lobbying where there is one and only one God you need to completely submit yourself to, your manager!!
Pros
Benefits, Learning, Time off
Cons
Manager oriented company
  1. Employee Reviews