IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

IBM is big IT company, doing support for big enterprise customers, so the working environment was professional. While working there, I able to learn and experience a lot with new, innovative technologies and big IT systems
I had started from call taker in 2001 and ended as a senior business analyst of whole AP regions countries.If you work hard, you will get it.Good company
Pros
Clear carrier pass
Cons
The job started off being very good with work-life balance, but it gradually became more and more restrictive, with toilet breaks being monitored via a telephone log-in system. And the pay was insultingly low. Absolute rubbish.
my job was to keep trash cans clean while the event was taking place. It was a very good experience because my team was very good and we communicated in a good way.
The IBM culture has changed significantly since the change in CEO a number of years ago. Employees are considered recourses that are expendable and can be replaced with cheap labor from overseas market through 3rd party outsourcing. In saying that, in the time that I did work there, I was fortunate enough to work with many great people who dedicated 100% of their to to IBM and went over and above to contribute to it's success. Unfortunately these guys are all retiring and the culture is changing rapidly.
Pros
The people that worked their for many years to make it a success
Cons
The new culture that is trying to transform the company by dismntling what it used to be.
IBM could have been great but is let down by onerous bureaucracy, favoritism and poor or non-existent leadership. Workplace culture is oppressive and diminishing. Management varies between great and awful. The most enjoyable aspect is that IBM was a great company and the depth of knowledge and understanding is second to none - there is nothing the company cannot do, but they cannot overcome the inertia. You spend your whole time having to justify your existence and constantly looking for work as this counts towards your internal assessments. Too often left high and dry on the bench when plenty of work was available.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
No job security at all, favoritism in management.
Everyday was different within the company, no job was the same thing and you would always be learning something different. Fantastic team culture in the right area, but some areas need critical improvement.
Pros
Ability to innovate
Cons
Bad Management
A declining workforce with low morale. Some clients are nice. People not always available to do the work No future stability Distrust in management Able to work from home
IBM is global major company. The company policies are Agile Strategy and Loyalty in the multicultural environment . There is nice place to work, but the other hand, it is very hard to achieve customer satisfaction due to the high customer expectation....
They employed many Japanese speaker people without computer knowledge. Five days working in a week included Saturday, Sunday and public holidays. Short lunch time and it is hard to manage last customer end of a day. I have to do it most of the time so I felt really unfair. It is very difficult to got home early, so my family got lot of pressure under my long working hours and I was't sure what is right thing. There were many computer software we have to use. The most enjoyable part of the job is to learn about new products. It was very busy work place so it was difficult to talk to other people, but I met some people graduated same school. That was fun.
Pros
Free tea and coffee