IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews in West Pennant Hills NSW

Initially eight - 10 years was fulfilling and challenging. Unfortunately, thereafter, with change in manager and management the wok culture was much to be desired.
At IBM , I had work life balance. I was given required training and managers were supportive. I enjoyed the team work at IBM. I got exposure to client sites and client interactions. This provided me to learn about the expectation of client which was fed back to IBM. The company provided all required support to up skill my knowledge.
Great location loads of parking though can take some time to walk to your desk but great people. Food options can be limited to purchase but many kitchenettes to heat and prepare food
Pros
View of forest
Cons
Long hours and limited food options for purchasing
Worked at IBM over 10 Years ago. IBM has changed since and i believe massive staff reductions Enjoyed my time at IBM there were plenty of opportunities.
Working in a few different teams of excellent people over the years, unfortunately have seen so many forced redundancies, quite disheartening.A big shout out to a few colleagues who managed to hang on.
Pros
Lovely location in West Pennant Hills, plenty of parking
Cons
Long hours (unpaid work)
This workplace was very close to home and I enjoyed that most. I had a good worklife balance. This is the place where I was given the opportunity to step on other roles e.g. Business Controls and Change Management. I thoroughly enjoyed doing this role and learnt a lot which has enhanced my career. Management were also good. I had the best manager!
- a typical day at work Remotely connecting to the many host systems I manage and examining logs, disk space, CPU, checking script logs for errors, checking DB2 logs for errors, http and WebSphere logs. Checking e-mail and responding to technical queries and carrying out requests. - what you learned Database technology, web server technology, myriad flavours of UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems, scripting. Windows application development, SQL, Java - management Many managers promoted without leadership skills. Can be difficult to "find" the better manager who's equipped with a good EQ. Overall an open door policy exists with management, notwithstanding. - your co-workers You meet some great people. Due to the large number of employees, one can find like-minded individuals with which to share good ideas, humour, insight and good old whinging. - the hardest part of the job Managing stress and anxiety. Coping with the challenge of communicating with people overseas for whom English is not their native language. - the most enjoyable part of the job The stimulation of using powerful hardware and operating system platforms, physical and virtual.
Pros
Network with many subject-matter experts, Build your own career path through other teams and people.
Cons
Can get too involved with work and make it your life, Entrenched e-mail culture resulting in disorganisation and slowness.
I enjoyed the the team culture at IBM and the location of office as it was close to home. IBM pay generously. They provide a lot of training. They also have onsite parking which was convenient. However the role did not suit my capabilities and experiences. I felt the role was not challenging enough and I much prefer an Account Manager or Account Executive role with managing an assigned set of accounts or territory as opposed to just generating leads for the sales team. There is also a lot of instability in terms of job security within IBM.
Pros
Close to home, generous salary, good work culture
Cons
Job Security.
  1. West Pennant Hills NSW