IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews in Tampines

Work–Life Balance

Found 43 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,773 reviews

Management politics at manufacturing sector

Most manager doesn’t have much to do but some favouritism in this sector. Seems like Manufacturing sectors were more scared of bossesand highly political . Too many managers than employees.

Pros

Relax

Cons

Poor leaders creating frustrations mostly actors

Workplace

It is a fast pacing working environment. We have to assemble the computer parts into server in fast and precise manner. After assemble, we send its for testing before went to next step.

Relax work plac

Working Shift fixed.Only contract postion avaliable.very difficult to get permenant employee at IBM.Work life balance.if we support OT on week ends they will give 2 days off.

Fun and very condusive environment to work at

A typical day is nice and unintentionally full of good works to be at the hands of a worker here. You can do much with your colleague and the management there are well comprehensible. I like working here because of the point I get to relay when i come across any instruction.

fun

Basically working in Ibm was really fun,colleagues get along together regardless of race language and religion,respect and trust is the most important thing of working there.Obedient,Honest,Support. A typical day at work-Wait for orders to be distributed to us,and together as a team,we build a server rack.If not we just stand bydo something that is necessary like Inventory Oversight and mostly learn other department jobscope if no orders are issued. The hardest part of the job ,for me...being able to multi task during busy period where customer decided to Order Tons of Rack Servers,I also do Tearing down of Servers that are Cancelled.I do need support from 1-2 colleagues,especially carrying heavy loads,loading or unloading The most enjoyable part ,Is free Gym Facility

ok

the work is ok..it's is fun to work when tham but some time it's not ok and ther is no team work. IBM is the best place to work and learning. wan u happy the work is more fun..

Nice Place work

Nice place to work with nice colleague work with. flexible timing to work. management encourage to learn and study to improve your knowledge. good place and nice environment

Good

attitude,discipline,punctual all very good .5s house keeping and security systems all very good.good team work.workers and management relationship fine.

good place to start earning a living

build technician, building of machinery according to orders, learn lots of basic tools handling. management not really active in taking care of their employee.

Pros

short hours of work

Cons

nothing much to do if there's no order

Look forward to and experience

A day at work depends on quantity production required. Learning the builds of product assembly, according to blueprints and making initiatives in certain measures, with minimal damages occurrences. Working among knowledgeable colleagues and Team Lead made the job slightly interesting as for team work. Completion of orders at the end of the day, surely made a calm feeling in one self.

A productive and good environment to work at

The work shift i was assigned to was good. I had a fun experience learning new things during work with the help of my colleagues. The environment is nice and comfortable to work with. I learned more about being a manufacturing technician. My colleagues are fun people to be with that makes the job more enjoyable.

Pros

fun environment

Cons

shift hours

Work Life Balance

IBM work life balance is indeed a good one. The work flexibility is a great experience. Really enjoy and appreciate the company culture of implementing this work life balance.

Pros

Time flexibility

work life balance culture

have many e-learning on portal for employee to learn. work-life balance culture long hout to work job security is not low.. always having laid off activities.

productive

IBM is a working friendly environment with strong individuals who are committed to strive and climb up to the top . The main objectives is to fulfill all orders loaded in without any exception. All individuals are cooperative with one another to meet the company's target and expectations. The hardest part of the job is challenging yourself where you need to constantly prove your value in the company and to ensure that youre a team player and able to work well with others. Company dont adapt to you , you adapt to the environment and the culture of the company .

Pros

flexibility

Cons

shift hours

Good work culture and work life balance

Good culture and good work life balance. Always there is good communication between workers and managers. Always have good team bonding and team building.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Tampines industrial ave 5 is a bit out of the way

Small United Nation

Peoples from all over the world (countries such as Malaysia, China, India, Philippines, Europe, USA, Indonesia, Japan, etc) are working in this company.

Productive and Fun

On a regular day, I would be in the office working on the computer doing various tasks on Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Remedy, and other programs. I When I received a message, via my company phone, I would check the message. The message would be a service call. I would call the requesting customer, and verify the details of the service call. I would then contact the parts warehouse and see if the part was in stock. If it was in stock, I would go pick it up, and go to the customers place and perform the repairs. Sometimes I would get called out in the middle of the night to go to a customers business. I learned about routers and networking, server installation and cabling, and troubleshooting on server

Pros

Good benefits, Excellent work environment, and working with local businesses and getting to know other people in the area.

Cons

Getting called out in the middle of the night, Working on weekends sometimes.

good to work there because of flexible timing

A good place to work because of flexible timings. But the growth of the individual is very slow. Less chance to learn new things. Good environment to work.

Pros

flexible timing

Cons

tight deadlines

Fun workplace

Excellent colleagues and good guidance for growth. My manager introduced me to all aspects of the Human Resources department and i managed to learnt various skills needed for recruitment.

Flexible work time and environment

Flexible work time and good environment. I am staying at sengkang and the work place is at Tampines. Convenient to me to travel to works. Every Managers and colleagues are good and nice.

Life balance workplace

Work started at 7am to 3pm and I was given the chance to learned and used SAP Data processing. With Fair management and Balance workplace culture and without any difficulty in the job we enjoy Team work.