IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews in Dallas, TX

Work–Life Balance

Found 296 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,773 reviews

Great Benefits , No Work Life Balance

Advancement is hard to manage and navigate. Promotion growth is slow. No Work Life balance so constantly up at terrible hours or staying up late to meet project deadlines.

Pros

Benefits - work from home, commitment to giving back, paid parental leave, financial advsors access, 401K, Hsa

Cons

No work life balance, hard for upward mobility, not clear cut path for progression

IBM lost their way, everyone is disposable

Management are not qualified to be on their roles. You work until your drop, Management were bullying employees and always threatening to lose jobs if you don't agree with their crazy ways of doing things

Pros

Cons

No work life balance, always laying off and never know when you will lose your job.

Great place to flex your tech muscles, just no job security

Lay offs are done for corp profit, not for the interests of the client's needs or as a stop loss.Decision making in layoffs for some managers include how long the friendships have been, even if they predate acquisitions.I am sure its fairly the same across most big corporations, but the layoffs help many Gordon Gekkos climb / survive the ranks.

Pros

There are resources to get good compensation/ fringe benefits

Cons

The most ethical people leave after they see how the sausage is made

Steady work if that's what you are looking for

Good company, decent benefits but hard to advance. You will learn a lot in the beginning but without opportunities to move around, you will be doing the same thing, day in and day out. Great company to start with.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Hard to advance

You can't cut your way to growth

Like any large company, your experience will vary greatly from the business unit to the manager you get. The job itself though is a frustrating one due to the reorgs, and lack of "one IBM".

Pros

Wfh

Cons

Strategy always changing

Took the bitter with the sweet

It was an interesting experience to say the least but overall I had many moments that were enjoyable but also had great disdain for some experiences in my time with the company as well. The culture was somewhat laid back (free snacks, multiple lounge chairs, ping pong table) by comparison to non-tech companies I’ve worked for but at the same time it’s pretty work intensive most days. The downside I often ran into was people not wanting to take accountability and trying to find an owner of a responsibility was like playing hot potato. This left me and plenty of others doing work that definitely belonged on others plates. The social aspect was cool. I met a lot of great young and intelligent professionals. Drama in teams was pretty normal. Management can do a much better job at training. Teams that should be collaborative are very much disconnected from one another and many people are resistant to being collaborative. Everyone thinks their job is more important than the next persons. I’ve never worked around more people that led with this type of attitude in my career.

Pros

Free snacks, allotted time-off

Cons

Training, team morale

IBM Good Place to Work

Great place to work and grow your career. Great benefits. Great people to work with and learn from. IBM provide cutting edge tools to accomplished your job and provide exceptional customer service and support.

Unstable work environment

Unstable work environment which causes mistrust in management, undue stress and poor morale within the workforce. Lack of appreciation for job performance from management.

Overall a good company to work for

There's good and bad just like every company. It really depends on your team and territory. IBM is an innovative company and there's a reason why they've been around for over 100 years.

No one is safe at this place. Lay-offs are frequent

A typical work day is making plans with your team to work on a project and having a VP reassign you and the team to something else and give you no time to complete the task. You try and try to set yourself and your team up for success and constantly being dragged down. I was part of the last lay off round and didn't realize how bad it was until I wasn't in that environment any longer. It is a toxic place to work.

Pros

Free snacks in each break room.

Cons

No work life balance. I was on call 24x7 for 2 years

Constant change but overall decent

It's not unusual for things in tech to change. This job has had 3 title changes in about as many years, which has made it hard at times to know what is expected of you. Management also changed, which brought about some good things, but overall has caused major contention. I have loved my time here up until this new mgmt change.

great company

I have been working for IBM more than 15 years and it is excellent company to work as management and culture working in IBM is simply great.Hence i worked for long time

Good place to work at.

Its a good place to work at but its a huge company with huge teams and it can be hard to reach the correct teams for support if needed but once you learn the ropes you will be good to go.

nothing special

What a large company has that this company has it all I mean you have to be patient to do any request approval and it is okay to work for the company.

Fun workiing environment

Professionalism and productivity, fast pace working environment, working in teams with the task done before dead lines. The management is always involved with the team.

Great workplace with a great environment

It's a great place to work at with a lot of job flexibility and also a lot of space to grow as an individual. There are many opportunities at IBM and it can help you grow as a person.

Great work culture

Great company to work for, Great People and great culture. Latest technology through red hat acquisition. Team collaboration. Scrum Agile implementation

Productive workplace

- Started working here as a graduate hire - Decent work life balance - Customer happiness is the most important thing - No amenities like free lunches or coffee

This is not the company i worked for

This is not the company i worked for. It waa a s a diffrent IBM financial organization that I worked for. Sorry not Able to help . I do not know this company ..

Pros

Idk

Cons

Idk

The ability to be flexible in work location and schedule

Good learning/training programs. I have had some great mentors and a few really good managers that have helped me achieve success in my various roles.

meh

It was great working there at first then the culture started changing. Managment started to care less about employees and then the mass layoffs started happening. I survived the first 2 mass layoffs but was hit on the 3rd. Laying off employees with salary to hire one with a much lower and hourly wage.