IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews in Hazelwood, MO

Hazelwood, MO8 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,824 reviews

Constantly Challenging and busy work atmosphere

IBM in my role allows me to work mostly on my own with some direction. I usually handle emails first thing and get many requests for various reports. I monitor systems and look for areas of improvement and enhancement. I like being able to work on several projects at one time over various disciplines and capacities. I have worked on both Mainframe and open systems. I administer 4 open systems servers as well as help maintain 80+ LPARs on 13+ Mainframe machines. The management seem to be open to discussion and lead the way at a higher level and allow team leads to push their teams. The hardest part of the job is staying ahead of the game. It can be easy to find ourselves in a fire fight with various issues, while still having to meet deliverable dates and handle to incoming requests.

Windows VM ware Admin

Workung at I B M is great.Friendly, kind and caring environment.Knowledge transfer and work documents are easy to follow.Managers and other staff is well behaved and ready to co-operate.

Worked at IBM Global service for 3 years. They lost business contract and moved to Colorado data center. Benefit include health, 401k, work life balance. Great company to work for.

Pros

Friend atmosphere to work.

Worst ever!

Paid worse than the cleaning crew. Took 7 weeks to gain security clearance to work in server vault, constantly required to train in many certification courses; no benefits; required to work 12 hours Thanksgiving and 12 on Christmas but only paid 8 hours of Holiday pay for each; no raises ever; and, the guy emptying the trash was paid 33% more than our team members.

Sinking ship

IBM is all about the CEO's making their bonuses they will lay off at least once a year to ensure they get their bonus does not matter how well you perform. They will make you lie to customers about the hours you work inorder to make their numbers.

Cons

IBM is all about the CEO's making bonuses they will lay off at least once a year, to ensure they get their bonus, does not matter how well you perform.

Ibm

Overall a very good company in the nineties. Bonus every year with wage increases. Had many opportunities to travel and taken on difficult projects. Co workers were the best and knowledgeable.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

Worked many hours.

Many opportunities for advancement, great experiences gained

As a Project Office Manager a typical day would include contact with the customer to discuss contract issues, review invoices or respond to any questions related to the contract terms. Depending on the questions asked by the customer additional teams would be engaged to resolve the request. Managed changes to the contract, terminations of portions of the contract or the creation of new contracts working with IBM teams that would support the work requested. I learned how to work with customer requests in a professional manner while ensuring that their requests could be honored or coming up with alternatives when required. I learned to work on many different types of teams from technical support, finance, legal, customer to achieve results. Management was always supportive of the employees and provided assistance as required. Was allowed to work independently on most projects reporting status to management as needed. My co-workers were great, when something new came up that I did not understand they would take the time to explain the concept so that I would understand and increase my knowledge. I loved working closely with the customers to ensure that their needs were meet and this was a big part of my job responsibilities. It gave me personal satisfaction to hear from the customer how much they appreciated the time that was spent in resolving and issue or responding to a request. I was allowed to be fairly independent in my positions but had management support when needed. Overall I had a very good experience in my time at IBM.

Pros

Training, travel, getting to work with techincal experts

Fun Atmosphere with intense deadlines

Couldn't say enough good things about working with IBM but as with any major corporation there are some things I did not agree with, but I managed to work with them and enjoyed my time working with IBM

Pros

working from home

Cons

salary, lay offs

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?

• IBM