IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews in Las Vegas, NV

Work–Life Balance

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,773 reviews

Must find your own projects

Served as lead for test teams of up to 4 members. Designed test plans, matrixes and scripts for facilities management software development. Performed defect management and produced reports for projects. Teamed with application consultants in articulating functional design documents and partnered with developers in verifying understanding of software defects. Provided defect reports and discovery details to development, customer and project management teams. Partnered with business analyst in clarifying functional requirements.

Don't work for them as a contractor. It's close to slavery

They pay contractors way way less then their regular fulltime workers even though you are doing the same work. They give you only a couple of days vacation. While the real fulltimers get weeks of vacation contractors only get a few days. You are on call 24/7. They dont train you properly then get angry at you for not knowing. If they don't like you they will railroad you into failure and try to make it seem your fault. Management is a joke constantly changing. Your job is constantly at risk even for full-timers. If work becomes slow they will fire someone or ask them to resign. Then when it picks up they will rush to move around existing employees and then hire someone else in that position. Beware if you are making good money 25+ and hour now. Please avoid them as they will cut your pay and will not negotiate your pay.Business practices . They hire contractors and then replace them with fulltime workers all the while atringing you along like they are going to keep you on board

Pros

Not having to interact with supervisor or coworkers on daily basis.

Cons

Shady under everything.

Typcial Corporation - Only concerned with next qtrs numbers for Wall Street

While my immediate team (whom I worked with for 12 years) were great people, the executives running this company (into the ground) are terrible. Out of 12 years, bonuses were not allowed for 7 of them, and raises were not allowed for 5. Yet after 19 consecutive quarters of declining revenue, the C-suite execs were still raking in multi-million dollar bonuses every year. A terrible company.

Pros

The people outside of the C-suite.

Cons

The people inside the C-suite.

The flexibility of work hours is the best part.

My managers let me to work on my own paces as long as I can have my tasks done. My managers are working really hard, they knew the products well, and they cared about their own team members.

Innovation

My Ideal Company, best IT company in the world. Love the work life balance. Managers are highly experienced and great to work with.

Pros

One of the TOP IT company in the world

Cons

nothing

Flexible hours and productive work ethics

Was able to build my knowledge on servers and move to better opportunities. Management was behind every employee and was able to get the job done. Co workers are easy going and available to help and learn when needed. Hardest part was compensation. Enjoyed teaching others what you know and build team work.

Pros

Transportation fleet vehicle

Cons

Compensation

Cool

I loved my coworkers and because they are a bigger company, the benefits are great!