IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews in Lincoln, NE

IBM has a very future forward attitude which is encouraging as an employee. They are very appreciative of their employees, and offer a lot of great benefits to help with work life balance.
Great company to work for. The company has Great management style . Great benefits. Great learning opportunities. Great career advancement opportunities ..
They provide wonderful benefits and I really like the position but continual workforce reduction layoffs caused discontent and anxiety to employees. I had four managers in five years (one moved onto a different role and one was an interim manager);
Job duties are well defined and ample documentation and assistance are available at all time, but you are left to maintain and run your queue in the way that best suits you. If you are a self starter and dont need to be prodded or pushed to hit your potential you will be successful.
call center job with high volume calls. supervisors are friendly and good communication for most processes. Benefits are on Parr for the industry. overall great job
Management is unable to look at the overall big picture. Client complaints are looked at as an agents fault instead of the overall support system which does not and can not work. Management is more likely to change the entire way things are done to appease a few clients then to help work all clients into the system as set up. Leading to large scale confusion on how processes or due to the lack of processes things are to be handled. No support by management for employees.
I feel IBM was a good company to work for, The could keep jobs over here and not outsource their jobs to other countries causing people to lose their jobs in America.
IBM is a decent company to work for. It is not likely to move very far within the company. However, it will provide you an opportunity to build your resume.
The company I worked 7 years for Kenexa, was purchased by IBM. I spent my last three years working on the integration. The integration was a nightmare. The IBM integration team sold us on tools that didn't work well with our team and presented us with limited options. Later on we found out there were additional options that would have worked way better for our team but had additional costs. It was as if the person in head of the integration was going to receive a bonus if he kept the integration under a certain budget but unfortunately the teams are affected well after the integration was completed as they were stuck with tools that did not meet their needs. Additionally IBM paid their employees way more than Kenexa, and IBM took over 2 years to give any of the Kenexa employees raises while hiring new employees at the IBM rate. So new employees with no company experience were getting paid more than people who had worked there for years. There was also so much process to everything that it took forever to get anything done especially since a lot of the process was not well documented. I stuck around as long as I could as I had made a lot of great friends at Kenexa who still worked there but after a while it was not worth it. I left the company without even having another job lined up as I couldn't stand working there another minute. I needed a vacation after busting my butt for ten years only to have IBM come in and wreck everything I helped to build. I had achieved Directorship for my achievements at Kenexa which came with many perks including stock options and stock awards, - more...
IBM is a great place to work. The only downfall is the mentality that the customer is ALWAYS right. But that is a bit of a larger cultural issue we struggle with in today's market world. Sometimes people need to step back and re approach a situation rather than charging into a problem without analizing it first.
There is no company loyalty to employees. I've been laid off twice by the company and have witnessed many people in the same situation.
IBM treats you like adults, they do not micromanage your daily work. They do want you to reach company goals, but realzie one month is not going to break you. Management is a little flighty and is a good ol boys club, but overall a very enjoyable place to work.
Pros
flexible work schedule, allow for family
Cons
good ol boys club