IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews in Park, KS

Working at IBM is good opportunity which I got as fresher. I learned so many things. And also it helped me to build my skills. Thank you giving this opportunity.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Work pressure, learnt to work fast, management; good. Work culture; good. The hardest part is work pressure on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is weekends and outings.
Pros
Team work and team outings
Cons
Six day's working in domestic process and no fixed saturday / sunday off's
Good organisation .good work place.good environment. Good work culture .good management. Good life balance. Awesome projects.on site opportunity available
Cons
The Technical team member are alway friendly, but the Management team spoil the entire environment, by just pressuring the team, so request to management team to think about it.
No career progression, and was in the same or similar role for more than 5 years. Not much new training and learning opportunities. Management is relatively ok but there is no direct reporting manager for my team. SOP are in place hence most of the general issues are well taken care of. Good working culture with pretty good colleagues and bosses.
Fortunate enough to work at IBM. The company has good mob who provide constant support to their fellow colleagues. Very nice environment to work in. Very healthy environment.
Pros
Good facilities, good environment
Cons
Night shift
It was great opportunity to work with IBM. I have been in IBM more than 7 year, the process are very well designed and stabilized. I am proud to be a part of IBMer
Pros
Free transport
Cons
Not able to travel everyday as I have 2 kids so looking for Work from home based jobs
Please give opportunities to fixed term hired employees also..because compared to regular employees FTH are working good. Some managers are not following the IBM policies regarding FTE growth.
Pros
Cons
No growth
It is product delivery work and Customer expectation is high. Management is expects more on delivery the system in time and as per client expectation. Workplace culture is good.working in Stressful environment and pressure.The enjoyable part is learning and applied to day to day work
Pros
team outing, lunch
Cons
no recognition and demotivation
Its productive and fun place to work. Good Management. The best thing in IBM is work from home facility which helps in balancing the work and life. The only problem here is the salary hike.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
Came to know about corporate work culture and at the same time i have learnt about managing personal life and professional life. I got many friends here and even today i think of them. Most unforgettable company in my life.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours only when volume of the work is high.
The International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is an American MNC founded in 1911 with headquarters in Armonk, New York with its presence in INDIA. IBM manufactures and markets computer hardware and software, and offers infrastructure, hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology. Its a best place to work.
Depends on employee and employer both. Good Place to work in. Opportunities for growth are less. Its a business process outsourcing company. Have clients mostly in banking and insurance etc. from australia, UK & US.
Pros
nope
Cons
work pressure
I learned a lot for my career growth my team given more help for technical wise My manager also very friendly nature for carrer wise a lot of u can learn all most every team is sportively worked -Configuration of Volume Pools, Storage Units, Policies, Tape drives and Robot. -Media management. -Performing catalog backups and restores. -Troubleshooting the backup issues by analyzing the netbackup logs. -Perquisites of upgradation from NBU 5.x to NBU 6.x -Knowledge of the different types of libraries and the tape drives with the density. -Fair knowledge of scripting ( Shell or PERL)
we have team working every month, everyone bring the food they cook. After we play the game together, we just sit on the grass enjoying our meal!
learnt more about the technical trouble shooting collages are helpful and loved working in mphasis
loved the work, hands-on on the latest of technologies, the US team is experienced and gr8 to work with.Enjoyed my stay every bit
I have learnt a lot from IBM such as job responsibilities, prioritizing the work given, co-ordinating with the team. Collegues are too good in IBM. There is nothing such as the hardest part, it is as we take it. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming to work.
Pros
Hangouts once in 3 months
Its okay. Not much scope for growth since its a huge MNC. The salary hike and bonus is low. So you end up waiting for people to notice you. Lucky employees get good managers else you are stuck in one place for long.
Enjoyable and at the same time lack in benefits,, Working in this company is very easy though it has got hectic work load but very enjoyable .. Only thing which is not good in this co is salary ,,
Pros
Free Cabs, dinners
Cons
lacks in management and pay very low attention
As this is my first job i learned how to handale presure. I learned how to manage a team and work with teh team and work toards your goal.