IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews for Assembler

It is a fast pacing working environment. We have to assemble the computer parts into server in fast and precise manner. After assemble, we send its for testing before went to next step.
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at IBM are reasonableJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at IBM, I think I was comfortableManagementIn general, managers at IBM employee orientatedCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at IBM is cordialOverallMy experience working at IBM was unique
Really must pick what you say and do wisely. Co-workers will throw you under the bus for any reason in hopes of currying favor with management. People always nervous about layoffs.
Pros
Pretty much let you be to do your job.
Cons
Co-workers always trying to find fault with you.
Great place to work. I would recommend anyone to work there. Great environment, Wonderful manager, team work, very diverse, the facility is huge and has many parking places.
Assemble computer modems and test them to be sent for shipment. We worked on an assembly line that pushed us to do 100 modems a day. Productive and very fast pace.
Pros
you could make overtime
Cons
not enough benefits for temp workers
Specialist on high level head cymbal manufacturing , utilizing various scopes and line tooling. work on special products. precision manual wire bonding.
good food in the canteen. high security means no phones allowed, minimum wages, no benefits, one must own a car or use bus 38 only. the place is very far from Dublin city center.
Pros
l used to live close to it
Cons
no benefits, work for 6 mnts a year only
Come to work early, turn in your work orders/rout from previous day, pick up your new work order/rout, go and pick up your equipment, map your rout and hit the road and do it again tomorrow.
The job allowed me the opportunity to come in and learn pc and desktop support. This was the first real corporate job and it allowed me the opportunity to gain some valuable skills that I would be able to use on another job.
Pros
valuable job knowledge
Cons
no career path for job growth
the job was good easy work the people where easy going and team oriented. great on site cafeteria. lots of inter company functions for the team members.
Pros
good pay for temp job
Cons
temp to hire
working on the line working with good peoples learning different aspects of the line inspecting the work making sure all parts are done right rolating on the line.
Pros
better condictions
Cons
layoffs
It was a good job if you like manufacturing work. That was a long time ago and I have know idea what they are like now. Have no reason to believe things have changed.
Ibm was a real good company to work for. Benifits were the best they took real good care of there people that workef for them when I worked for them,but now they are like other company's like lockhees martin in owego ny.They suck.Ibm is the best company to work back then.
Pros
If you got hurt they tool care of you.
Cons
Healthcare was the best you could buy.Ibm the best.
It was the best factory I ever seen ,we assembled micro-chips in clean rooms.We worked in a team of up to 12 people ,covering all individual work tasks,also we inspected under microscope for quality defects.Worked 3 shifts pattern.I will never forget how good is could be a factory,I will miss it while I living.
It's steady pay but not exciting. If you're young you'll get bored with it. If you're older or have a family, it will pay pretty good.
Pros
multiple shifts
Cons
Very boring
A typical day when they say they gonna sale the company.Later about computer .Excellent management.A big family .NOTHING hard.When i scanne the parts
Pros
free coffee and donates
Cons
15mns more on lunch time
my first job at usa was Ibm manufacture in pcb filed i learn how the people work hard learn how the production done in fast pace enviorment
Pros
gas milages and free cafeteria coupons
Cons
full medical benifits
very fun loving job that was very productive the management staff was always helpful and understanding to the workers need.
IBM was an overall stable place to work longterm. However the 24/7 operations were grueling.
Pros
stable.
Cons
24/7 schedule was grueling.